Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-06-15, 04:03 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

It gets more strange.

I just got an email (which I haven't opened) from amazon.com.br. I googled that and it appears to be Brazil. I can see the first line, which is something about eBooks. I have no kindle.
Old 09-06-15, 05:03 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
It gets more strange.

I just got an email (which I haven't opened) from amazon.com.br. I googled that and it appears to be Brazil. I can see the first line, which is something about eBooks. I have no kindle.
i recently got an email from the same address as well. i'm not opening it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 08:44 AM  
alydinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Suzie C, I don't even understand how that could happen. Do you sell on Amazon? Even if you do, that shouldn't happen. I, too, would worry about my personal information being handed out like that.

The shipping notice I received said my order would be here on time: on Wednesday. If it shipped Friday, that is not two-day shipping. How could they call that on time?

I just wonder what is going on.
If you bought the item on Friday, Wednesday could very well be the legit Prime delivery date given the weekend and holiday.

FWIW, I have had great experiences with FedEx Smartpost and have always received my Prime materials within the specified delivery timeframe.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 10:15 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydinva View Post
If you bought the item on Friday, Wednesday could very well be the legit Prime delivery date given the weekend and holiday.

FWIW, I have had great experiences with FedEx Smartpost and have always received my Prime materials within the specified delivery timeframe.
If something is shipped two-day, I receive it on time. They have never shipped a two-day order Smartpost. I have never received a Smartpost order in two days. Even if it ships from the same state, from a warehouse only a few hours from me, it never gets here in two days because it has to go out of state first. I have never had a Smartpost order promised in less than four days. So it would make no sense for them to ship a two-day order Smartpost, at least not to me.

It's okay if I get the items Wednesday since I don't need them right away, but that's not the shipping I chose and I'm just wondering why it went out that way. I've been a Prime member for over a year and this has never happened.
Old 09-06-15, 10:37 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I usually have great customer service from Amazon. They are great at replacing lost items and/or processing refunds. The bad part is that they screw up more often than they did in previous years.

The worst time of year now is the holiday season heading into Christmas. Ever since they hooked up with the USPS, more packages are very late, get lost, or are damaged. I loathe getting my mail and seeing one of those brown USPS slips. It is torture to drive all the way to the USPS pick-up center. The woman who works there is a moronic zombie hell demon.

I've had my Prime Membership extended over a year with all the screw ups mostly related to the Post Office.

Prime membership ain't what it used to be.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 11:45 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
It is torture to drive all the way to the USPS pick-up center. The woman who works there is a moronic zombie hell demon.
The women who work in our post office are the same. I HATE going there. They used to have an Automated Postal Center machine in the lobby which I loved because I could avoid the sourpusses at the counter most of the time. When I walked in and the APC was gone I nearly cried.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 11:55 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I usually have great customer service from Amazon. They are great at replacing lost items and/or processing refunds. The bad part is that they screw up more often than they did in previous years...
This. The shipping times have been much longer even with prime and the mistakes have been far more frequent. Returns are easy enough but multiple mistakes still become a time suck. And because an item can take so long to receive, return and repurchase can add up to a lengthy process. I have had several items arrive broken do to extremely negligent packing (enameled cast iron pot and lid thrown into large box with no cushioning/separation at all---arrived as iron/paint dust pile). I returned it and on my refund they listed my return reason as "customer didn't want". They always list mistakes/damaged items as that or "arrived too late". Somebody is clearly hiding mistakes and after reading the NYT article I can see why.

Amazon has been such a convenience and it has provided access to affordable books, allowed for easy holiday shopping etc. But it has also been skilled at separating me from my money. And I do worry about local book stores (which I still support) and what will happen to Amazon prices/service as the competition continues to evaporate. In addition, if that article is a true indication of the Amazon business environment, I have no interest in supporting it. Save money, support local business, encourage humane behavior----sounds pretty good to me. Less stuff is more better any way I did just fine before Amazon came along......
Old 09-06-15, 12:33 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I did just fine before Amazon came along......
Yes, but they've spoiled us, haven't they? Cheaper prices, Prime shipping. And there are fewer competitive businesses. Like lreidgreen, I always enjoyed book stores. (And may I just say, I'm jealous she got to go to Scotland. ) I loved Borders and hated when it closed. That's actually when I began shopping more at Amazon.
Old 09-06-15, 12:47 PM  
Candiceena

My Amazon experiences have been plummeting recently. I am about to put them right next to the ranks of Comcast, in my opinion. It is very frustrating. I had a similar experience calling about my Amazon Prime credit card. My question/concern was not being understood. I do not care where in the world someone is when they answer my telephone call but I do expect to be able to converse in the primary language of the country where I am doing business. It is extremely frustrating.
Old 09-06-15, 02:27 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Sorry to hear about all the problems with Amazon Prime. I've never had a problem with shipping. Everything arrive in two days, sometimes one. I've noticed that when ordering sometime in late afternoon the arrival date changes from 2 days to 3. They must have a cutoff on ordering that I'm not aware of. Even FedEx SmartPost arrives on time. If they use UPS SmartPost, UPS usually brings it because they go by on the way to the P.O. I've never had a problem with customer service but I always call. Maybe I've been lucky.

I can't imagine anyone's customer service ever being as bad as Comcast. Dh always calls them. He's afraid I'll mouth off and they'll stop providing services.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, amazon prime, usps