Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-29-13, 01:20 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletoes View Post
If you hit the "order now" tab, it says you get free shipping if you pay by credit card. Tempting...
I ordered a couple of things this way thru Rodale after 21 days, I returned the items with no problems plus they sent me a $10 check to order something else. I know some people complaint about Rodale..but I've had no issue with them. The price is good for this set..comes to $10 a disc, if you do the free shipping...I'm tempted to, I really like DeltaFit a lot
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-13, 04:08 PM  
beatchica

Rodale’s site is a bit misleading regarding the number of actual different/unique individual workouts that make up this set.

Basically you get 12 different 10-minute workouts, which are all on disc 1.
The workouts on Disc 1 are as follows.
- Gorilla gut buster
- Isometric inferno
- Fat frying flow
- Tempo torchers
- Dumbbell dynamite
- Belly fat broiler
- Upper body blast
- Lower body crush
- Arms and abs assault
- Fat loss free style
- Sweet Tsunami
- Six pack super storm

Disc 2 and 3 both use the above same 12 workouts for all the programs.
Example, disc 2 uses the 12 workouts from disc 1, to create a day-by-day workout plan. Same goes for disc 3.

I was under the impression that each disc would contain a new set of workouts; unfortunately this is not the case. Given this I will be sending this set back.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-13, 04:29 PM  
twinkletoes

Hmm, that sucks! BUT it's kind of like having a ton of different pre-mixes! I kinda like the idea (would've been better to be all different workouts though). I might keep it for a while and see if I like it or not (since there is the money back guarantee).
Old 07-31-13, 06:26 PM  
KBear

Can you tell us how long each premix is on Disk 2 and 3? How many premixes are there on each disk? Is dick one programmable?
KBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-13, 06:42 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBear View Post
Can you tell us how long each premix is on Disk 2 and 3? How many premixes are there on each disk? Is dick one programmable?
Disc One has twelve workouts and is not programmable but at the end of each workout you are taken back to the main menu to choose another workout if you desire.

Disc Two has five different levels you can choose from. Each of the levels have a 14 day workout plan. As you progress through the levels, the workouts are more intensive and you also do more workouts per day (most of the days). Level one -you do a daily 10 minute workout. Level two has a mix of 20 and 10 minute workouts. Level three has a mix of 30-50 minute workouts daily.

Disc Three has 25 workouts that range in workout time from 20-60 minutes

Basically you get a mix of 12 ten minute workouts. It seems to me all that is really needed is disc one and you can create your own workouts from that. The other disc are just premixes of the 12 workouts
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-13, 09:10 PM  
KBear

horusosiris,

Thank you so much for responding to my question. It seems like this is a very versatile set. Personally, I am most interested in Disk 3. Maybe it is because I am not good at rotations (Disk 2), and I do not care for stringing together short segments (Disk One). I will wait for the coupon, but this will be on my wishlist.
KBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-13, 12:40 PM  
smilesolovely

Regina - have you tried any of the workouts? What's the verdict on these? Are they similar to Deltafit?
Old 08-01-13, 12:50 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilesolovely View Post
Regina - have you tried any of the workouts? What's the verdict on these? Are they similar to Deltafit?
I have tried 4 of the Torcher workouts. I like Delta Fit much more. Some of the moves in the Torcher series seems to go at an almost frantic pace but this could be because I am not familiar with the workouts.

I think that I favor Delta Fit because I like the pace and structure of DeltaFit more.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-13, 04:51 AM  
bee1forfitness

Any more reviews on this set??? what would you say the workout level is??, is DeltaFit better??
anyone have a coupon code for this??
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-13, 08:44 AM  
twinkletoes

I like them as add ons or when I just want to do something really quick. I haven't used the premixes yet but I do like how they're put together. For the price, it was worth it to me.

I can't compare to DeltaFit because I haven't done it yet. I only did a couple of the Torcher workouts and I'd say they are intermediate.
But, for the few I did, you can go at your own pace & you could modify to make them easier or harder.