Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-20, 07:20 AM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow Just The Workouts ~MAY 2020~ *Everyone Welcome!*

May 2020

No specific rotation this month - just doing what I feel like!

1 - Rest day but did yard work at parents for 2 hours.
2 - 3.65 mile walk; Five Parks Yoga 30 Min Power Yoga Class from 2015

3 - Yvette Bachman 40 min. KILLER Chest, Shoulders & CARDIO!; Cathe Stretch Max #3 This class was fun! The title is a little missed marked as it includes triceps as well as core which aren't mentioned. It is a circuit format using the high step (mine was at 10") and I did most of the cardio like shown except for the jumping onto the step. In one move, she steps up onto the step, then does a jumping jack on top of the step - that was pretty cool! Liked that! Heavy weights are used for shoulders, chest, & overhead triceps and a med ball is used for core. She does some partner work during the core but nothing that can't be done by yourself. Her brother sort of 'hits a wall' during this class....it was nice to see that he's human! ;0) Very fun one and a good fat burner!
4 - 2.57 mile walk; Michelle's Yin Yoga
5 - Strong & Sweaty Boot Camp (as is, then TS Premix 2=Rounds 1-4 again); Bonus Abs; Stretch Oh, I just LOVE this BC workout!!! Why haven't I done it since 2017??? Love the combination moves she uses...esp. the Cross Back Lunge Sumo Squats!! The first time I used my step at 6" then for the add-on, I put it up to 8"....yikes! But I don't jump onto my step....I do fast feet on/off step a level between as shown and Cathe's modification. This one is so sweaty!! It's a nasty, rainy day out so I didn't need to be anywhere so thought I would add on the premix. The bonus abs seemed so much easier for me since 2017, esp. that plank complex move so it's nice to know I'm getting stronger in my core too. 87 minutes; 580 cal burn today - wahoo, and had so much FUN in the process! I vow not to wait 3 years to do this one again!
6 - 4.01 mile walk; YT Intense Yoga w/ Kassandra (10 min.); Michelle's Yin Yoga SUNNY day here but chilly....great walking weather since I was dressed warm! ETA: Mow Max (50 min....I had to hurry and get in to make dinner!)
7 - Five Parks Yoga Finding Solid Ground Yoga Class (56 min.) LOVED this one too! Half of the class is grounded sun sals (sun sals all done kneeling and grounded)---loved that idea! And it is just an all-around feel good practice. I had to divide this into 2 sessions since the baby woke up, but just at the right spot...35 min. mark when she starts the standing poses. Perfect timing!
8 - BBL High & Tight (all); Heart Alchemy Yoga (Quarantine Yoga Chillout Gentle Yoga Practice) I used my heavier resistance band for the standing work and floor work. Then for the ankle weighted segment, I used my long stretchie band using it as per Cathe for the inner thigh work. My R knee has been complaining lately, so I didn't want to aggravate it with ankle weights. I forgot how good this workout is for hips, inner thighs....glad I reacquired the set! (Of course, I knew I had to put on the closed captions and mute the sound, playing my own music, ha!). ;0) Michelle's class was a great chill-out class as appropriately named...although I replaced the nostril breathing at the end with IT band stretches.
9 - Yvette Cardio Kickboxing BOSU Workout (64 min.); Stretch; 3.53 mile walk; stretch Yvette's newest....A BOSU BLAST & A CORE CRUSHER!! Super FUN, I say! Yvette was ON FIYAH in this one...she doesn't call many people out but she did in this one and I LOVED the fact that the class was back in session...YAY!! Upon preview real quick, it didn't look like it has lots of high impact, (and it didn't really) but boy, did the intensity sneak up on me! Weighted gloves added to the intensity like usual and it includes a BOSU, FW band, and ankle weights (used at the end for short lying leg/core work--I used a long stretchie band again). The first 1/2 is mostly upper body k/b moves using the BOSU as a step and the 2nd 1/2 is more combination kicks using the BOSU. The sit-n-stands (draping over the BOSU then quickly stand (or jump) were definitely the hardest for my old lady knees! ;0) (I probably did 1/2 of what Yvette did!). Then there's some FW band exercises but not many at all and she finishes up with lying floor work. This class would be easy to break up into 2 30 min. classes, but it was SUPER fun and I enjoyed it immensely! 472 cal burn (but not Yvette's cal burn)....anyway, I missed my walk yesterday (wayy too windy/cold to take the baby out), and today is much calmer and beautiful, so I decided to go for a (short/s-l-o-w) walk. Um, ya. The first mile WAS slow! but then I got my 2nd wind and sped walked the rest of the way...oh well...I'm sure I burned some major calories but I didn't have that info but I definitely surpassed Yvette's cal burn, haha. Fifty three min. later and I had walked 3.5 miles, LOL. Feeling those endorphins now!! Happy Saturday and Mother's Day weekend!!

10- STS Total Body (TS: No Bonus Burn & No Abs)
11- Yvette 30 Min. Medicine Ball BIRTHDAY BLAST; Five Parks Yoga (Spine Strength & Stretch Yoga Class - 34 min.) Yvette's was a quick little killer cardio workout when I wanted to get in/out while baby slept. My 8# med ball was feeling heavy at the end! This one includes a few too many j. jacks for my liking and I don't love med ball workouts, but I wanted something short and to the point. The yoga was a voice over and a good practice to stretch spine.
12- Mow Max/Yard work, pulling weeds, etc. - 2.5 hours
13- 3.33 mile walk I haven't been feeling quite "right" these last few days, so taking it a little easier. My knee complained on my walk today so I didn't feel the need to push it quite as fast...:0)
14- 2.37 mile walk (before the rain!); Cathe Live Lower Body - Upper Body DB Challenge #220 (Upper Body/Core Only) Thought maybe this one would be easier if I skipped the lower body and only did the upper body - wrong! I obviously fatigued my body enough on my walk to seem hard today and my arms were toast when done! I was going somewhat heavier on a few than Cathe but matching her weights mostly. Giving my lower body a break today, well, except for the walk.
15- 3.0 mile TM intervals - 43 min.; BBL Bum Bum Rapido (10 min.); Michelle's Yin Yoga Well, I was all dressed and ready to go outside for my walk, opened the door and it was raining! So, I shed some clothes, LOL, and hopped on the TM instead and had a great workout. I think I can control the intervals speeds easier on the TM than outside...it seems like I just want to keep going fast outside and don't take recovery breaks (and don't want to actually run, LOL). And on the TM, I can control the inclines....went up to 15 throughout. I really like BBR (on mute!)...butt shots galore, (insert rolley-eyes here) but this one is outstanding for all standing glute and balance work!! By that time, I had my shoes off and it was fine even though they film it with their shoes on. Stretched it out with Yin Yoga which felt wonderful. Knees seem a little better today; tried some new Nike runners...I never bought Nike before but my usual runners were out of stock everywhere online! 489 cal burn.
16- 2.10 Mile TM intervals; LU (Vitality--starting at 26 min. mark after w/u series); LU (HardCORE) Love trying out my runners on the TM just in case they have to be returned...I think they're good! Love Vitality but didn't want to do a whole hour of it....great practice/all sequences even on both sides in 34 min.!

17- Five Parks Yoga (No Frills 20 min. morning class); KCM Cardio Pump (Interval Pump Premix-53 min.); extra stretch Did the yoga before online church then Kelly's w/o after. Love that Premix soooo much!! I used 12's, 15's and 20's and had a great workout. Another rainy day here...I am so ready for sunshine this coming week!! My mood could use some uplifting lately. I shudder to think what it would be like if I couldn't work out....
18- Yvette Bachman Step Cardio w/ Weights Workout (50 min.); stretch This is an easier Yvette class...the step choreo is VERY basic....maybe even a tad too basic for this non-stepper!
19- YT Stretch The Day's Tension Away with this Yin Yoga Sequence/RITUALS (35 min.); Five Parks Yoga (Yoga For Intense Times - 47 min.); 1.5 hours of planting/yard work The Yin class was nice...holding each pose for 4 min. Love her voice! This one would be best done right before bed, zzzzz. Added my fav FPY class that has just the right amt. of balance work, stretch & posture work for this lady! She sometimes miscues in this but it is my go-to class that is sweaty and sails right by leaving me feel so good!
20- Sydney Cummings 60 min. Glutes & Abs Workout; stretch; 2 hours Mow Max/Yard Work This is a low intermediate class at best which is good, we all need easier days, but I was actually trying to make the exercises harder. I don't do enough of her workouts....does she always stretch as a w/u? I did my own Yvette-like w/u. Only a 263 calorie burn in an hour which is way different than her 500 cal burn she gets...I realize there is no cardio in this but I guess I'm used to Yvette's and Cathe's lower body/core workouts that burn tons of calories. The exercises were ok but I need to watch some of her exercises that can tweak my lower back. The good news is my lower body is strong! LOL. Finally dry enough to mow and even then my new mower's wheels were covered in grass when done...I hated to get it so dirty, LOL, but hosed it off when done. I'm beginning to wonder....will the SUN ever shine again????
21- 3.85 mile walk; Winsor B&T; BBL (High & Tight - floor work w/ bands); BBL (Bum Bum Rapido); stretch Lots of clam work today! Realizing I did lower body yesterday...not sure why I worked it again today. When I don't have my rotation planned out, all goes helter skelter, LOL!//I made my hair appt in two weeks, woo hoo! Can.not.wait!!
22- Cathe Live Touch Up Training: Upper Body #296; TM 3.0 Mile Intervals; YT 10 Min. Full Body Stretch Thought I'd subscribe to CL for a month to try out her newer classes. Hmmm, I didn't love this one...actually I found it kind of boring. Not sure if it's just b/c it's a mediocre weight workout or b/c she's alone in the studio? I'll have to try her other "Touch Up" classes to know for sure. Also it froze on me 2x! Ugh, it seems I just have trouble with her classes. :/ Before I could talk myself out of going for a walk and having to get dressed, attach all my technical paraphernalia to my body, LOL, I just decided to go it on the TM and had a great workout! I did speeds up to 6.0 and inclines up to 15. I love using the incline now...before I always thought my knees couldn't handle it but if I go at a slower speed, they seem ok. I followed my usual interval workout but tweaking the speeds & inclines here and there to make it seem more difficult. Finished out with a 677 calorie burn! (I didn't burn many with Cathe's workout, so I wanted to add on a good burn). Side note: I used my "TM runners" on the treadmill and they felt so much better than my Nike runners I tried the other day outside. The balls of my feet were hurting all day yesterday. Sigh.
23- Level Up (Cardio) This one flew by! Really like it to get a little cardio among the stretching today. Feel so accomplished when done!

24- Heart Alchemy Yoga (Spring Power Yoga Workout (56 min.); 2 hours yard work Super nice class for a little flow, a little balance, and lots of stretch!
25- 2.75 Hours Mow Max, trimming bushes, misc. yard work Too tired after that to do a workout....could only have a cookout then sit on the couch and binge watch more of Locked Up on Netflix!
26- 3.13 mile walk; Get Heather Fit (Move Your Asana Pilates Sculpt - 30 min.); Stretch So nice to see the sun the last couple days!! It got rather hot on my walk, though, lots of humidity and I can't tolerate as much as I get older. Heather's class was a good one - I had trouble getting the ball to stay where it needed to, but this one breezed right by. I couldn't get the audio/video to sync, not sure if it was on my end or what, but at least I knew what was coming next! I hadn't done those leaning back moves while high on your knees w/ the ball between your thighs in FOREVER!! My quads are already feeling it! Enjoyed this class even though some of the reps were missed (she goes fast!).
27- Cathe Live Total Body Fit #290 (56 min.); Stretch This class is AWESOME!! I loved the format of giant sets of these 3 Rounds: Legs, Shoulders, Bis; then another round of Legs, Tri's, Core, then another round of Legs, Chest & Back. So, Legs get worked and HOW!!! This is a very thorough total body workout and I love how Triceps get really worked directly AND indirectly (rare!). It uses hand weights, barbell, and a resistance band. I used hand weights and the band and mostly matched Cathe's weights but went a bit heavier on D/L's and back, but it was tough at the end! Loved Cathe by herself in this one, so it must all just depend upon the workout. It'd be a good one when you have a full hour to spend on weighted total body work. I'm definitely purchasing this one!!!
28- Five Parks Yoga (Balance & Flow In the Jungle Yoga Class LIVE - 75 min.); 3.06 mile walk; stretch This yoga class was just SUPERB! Filmed live during Erin's latest retreat in Costa Rica with tropical plants in the background. It has awesome balance challenges throughout in a great flow--HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX2quJZ9WDU I thought sure I would have had to cut this long one in half, but the baby kept on sleeping and then some! The sun came out later after the short rain shower, so I took the baby for a stroll...once again, she was asleep in 5 min. so I continued on for 3 miles, LOL. (I told her dad I hope she sleeps tonite, ha!)
29- Cathe Live Love Me Some Cardio Kickboxing Live #272 (skipping the heavy bag segment)=45 min. "Nate the Great!" - that's all I have to say!!
30- Cathe Live Arms & Abs on the Ball #284 (55 min.); stretch; Mow Max/Yard Work=3 hours; vacuumed out my car This class was great for a no-nonsense sweaty upper body workout using the ball. It is lighter weights/higher reps (lots of 1.5's) and I really liked the pace of this workout with different rep counts. Even though it's titled "arms", back and chest are included also to make this one FULL Upper Body. I am purchasing this one, too, since I also need some workouts that are slower paced while still a fat burner! MY HRM showed I was in the Fat Burning Zone for most of it. Love it! :0) Beautiful day today and I just wanted to be outside for most of the day!! No humidity with a fantastic breeze.

31- Rest day but worked 3 hours in DS' flower beds & I cleaned my house
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 07:39 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

May = hope!

1 Jessica Smith - WS2: Core Connection - 30 minutes; Pilates Nest - Gentle Neck Friendly Pilates - 30 minutes
2 Jessica Smith - WS: Prehab - 35 minutes; Dog Walk - 30 minutes
3 Rest Day
4 Jessica Smith - WS3: Cardio Interval Sculpt - 30 minutes; Dog Walk - 25 minutes; Pilates Nest - Pilates for Spine & Back Health - 15 minutes
5 Dog Walk - 30 minutes
6 Jessica Smith - YouTube: Feel Good Fusion - 30 minutes
7 Jessica Smith - WS: Total Body Training - 30 minutes; Pilates Nest - Pilates for Glutes & Hips - 10 minutes
8 Pilates Nest - 10 Minute Pilates for Legs
9 Jessica Smith - WS3: Pilates & Yoga - about half of this; Pilates Nest - 10 Minute Pilates for Arms & Shoulders
10 Rest Day
11 Jessica Smith - YouTube: Kickboxing Cardio Abs - 30 minutes; Pahla B - Day 1 Weight Loss for Women Over 50 - 25 minutes
12 Dog Walk - 30 minutes; Pilates Nest - Pilates for Lower Back Relief - 10 minutes & Short & Sweet Pilates - 15 minutes
13 Jessica Smith - Walk Strong: Barefoot Fusion Sculpt - 30 minutes; Pilates Nest - Pilates for Tight Hips - 15 minutes
14 Pilates Nest - Sculpt & Sweat Pilates - 15 minutes
15 Jessica Smith - Fit in 15: Jumpstart Cardio - 15 minutes; Pilates Nest - Lower Body Love - 20 minutes
16 Dog Walk - 20 minutes; GHUTV - Upper Body Tone 1 - 10 minutes; Pilates Nest - Pilates for Strength and Calm - 30 minutes
17 Jessica Smith - YouTube: 2 in 1 Toning - 30 minutes
18 Jessica Smith - WS3: Total Body Strength - 30 minutes; Pilates Nest - Pilates Retreat Day 1: Energy & Harmony - 15 minutes
19 Pilates Nest - Pilates Retreat Day 2: Strength & Balance - 15 minutes
20 Jessica Smith - YouTube: Upper Body Strength - 20 minutes; Pilates Nest - Pilates Retreat Day 3: Stretch & Soothe - 20 minutes
21 Jessica Smith - Yoga Fusion Fix - Yoga for Stress Relief and Relaxation - 15 minutes
22 Jessica Smith - Walk Strong 3: Lower Body - 30 minutes; Dog Walk - 30 minutes
23 Jessica Smith - Walk On: Pyramid Power Walk - 30 minutes & Pilates Nest - Pilates Retreat: Day 4 - Embrace & Empower - 15 minutes
24 PahlaB - Weights for Women Over 50 - 25 minutes; Dog Walk - 30 minutes
25 PahlaB - Weight Loss Toning - 20 minutes; Pilates Nest - Strength & Stretch Band Pilates - 20 minutes
26 PahlaB - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 8 - 20 minutes
27 PahlaB - Total Body Toning - 23 minutes & 5 Minute Cool Down Stretch; Pilates Nest - Pilates for Stress Relief - 13 minutes
28 PahlaB - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 13 - 25 minutes
29 PahlaB - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 2 - 25 minutes
30 PahlaB - Weight Loss Workout - 30 minutes & Core Workout for Older Women - 10 minutes
31 PahlaB - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 4- 25 minutes

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 08:04 AM  
Tammie M

May

1 - Barlates Grace & Strength: Outer Thighs
2 - Barlates Grace & Strength: Glutes + The Firm Get Chisel'd
3 - Yoga Foundations with Travis Eliott: Foundation 3
4 - Barlates Ori Active Hula Barre Fusion: Arms and Thighs + Classical Stretch Season 6: 602
5 - Jillian Michaels Killer Buns & Thighs: Level 3 + Autumn Calabrese Country Heat: Down & Dirty
6 - Cathe Cardio Fusion - W/U, Body Max 2 Finished Product Step, LIC Bonus Step, & Stretch + Barlates Mat Interval Series: Outer Thighs + Inner Thighs
7 - Barlates Mat Interval Series: Upper + Abs + Obliques + Classical Stretch Season 6: 610
8 - Cathe Cardio Fusion - W/U, Drills + Barlates Mat Interval Series: Back + Glutes
9 - Sarah Powers Insight Yoga Heaven Balancing Yang Energy
10 - Barlates Ori Active Hula Barre Fusion: Cardio Sculpt Abs + Classical Stretch Season 6: 617
11 - Jillian Michaels Maximize: Back in Action + Autumn Calabrese Country Heat: Giddy Up
12 - Jillian Michaels Maximize: Full Frontal + Autumn Calabrese Country Heat: Country Swing
13 - Cathe Cardio Fusion - W/U, Body Max 2 Power Circuits + Barlates Pilates Mat Series: Pilates Band Mat
14 - Franny Benedetto CIA 2202 All-Out Hi/Low & Step: Hi/Low
15 - Barlates Standing Barre Series: Standing Barre Glutes + Classical Stretch Season 6: 626
16 - Cathe To the Max - W/U, Compound Leg Work & Core with Upper Body Focus + Barlates Standing Barre Series: Standing Barre Abs
17 - Barlates Standing Barre Series: Standing Barre Thighs + Classical Stretch Season 6: 603
18 - Cathe To the Max - Triple Tabata Premix+ Barlates Standing Barre Series: Standing Barre Arms
19 - Barlates Standing Barre Series: Standing Barre Pretzel + Classical Stretch Season 6: 611
20 - JJ Gormley Yoga for Every Body - Intermediate (45+ Minutes): Hips Legs & Feet
21 - Barlates Pilates Mat Series: Arms & Legs
23 - Fit Prime Core First
24 - Barlates Pilates Mat Series: Lower & Abs + Classical Stretch Season 6: 618
25 - Franny Benedetto CIA 2202 All-Out Hi/Low & Step: Step
26 - Barlates Ankle Weight Series: Ankle Weight Front & Back Thighs + Classical Stretch Season 6: 627
27 - Cathe To the Max - W/U, Solid Step & 30/20 HIIT + Barlates Ankle Weight Series: Ankle Weight Abs
29 - Barlates Ankle Weight Series: Ankle Weight Outer Thighs & Glutes + Classical Stretch Season 6: 604
30 - Cathe MIC - W/U, 1st 15 min Hi/Lo, C/D & Stretch + Barlates Ankle Weight Series: Ankle Weight Inner Thighs
31 - JJ Gormley Yoga for Every Body - Intermediate (45+ Minutes): General Practice with Backbends
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 08:06 AM  
tangerine

Hoping to keep my consistent workouts going this month!

May 1
- 30 minute walk by the lake - this is the first time I've been to a park in almost 6 weeks! The one nearest us was super crowded so we went to one further out and there were just a few people. We took a walk by the lake, watched the ducks and my daughter threw pinecones in the lake (the path runs around the lake). It was so nice to be out in the sun!
Later I did Danica Osborn's 20 minute circuit (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebz7b-KRy2U) - a lot of getting up and down on the floor in this one, which I don't like but she did give some time to get up unlike some other instructors. After that I did a 10 minute stretch (the workout had no stretch) and ended with 20 minute "ice ice baby" H20 from Body Project adding hand weights for more intensity. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebz7b-KRy2U&t=418s) I enjoyed it, would do it again.

May 2
- Found two nice low-impact routines on YT
First routine as a warm up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGy8B_F2BHMLow Impact Aerobics with Zoe Carter - she has music troubles, has to restart it 3 or 4 times but besides that I really enjoyed the workout and will be doing it again. 3 combos + warm up and cool down
Second routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUl_fY9WgQQ - HiLo Aerobics with Joyce Ford - loved the intensity! The whole thing is one routine so if you don't like TIFT it may bother you. She gives lots of options for steps though so I just switched it around. Nice warmup and cooldown too. Enjoyed this one too! I'm going to check out her others.
20 minutes of Zumba cooldown and stretch also off YT

May 3 - Turbo Jam Turbo Kick - always a fun time with Chalene! Not as hard as any of the Cardio Parties, but still a nice pace.
Followed by two YT floorwork workouts from Lauren Hefez who has great cuing, don't even need to see the screen while on the mat:
Butt workout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjmy4xLQNLQ
Side Butt and Inner Thigh workout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eVnH2bw1lM

May 4 - I dislike the actual Les Mills workouts but I enjoyed this instructor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC8PgGaPSfs (BODYCOMBAT LIVE with Claire 4/25/2020)
It was more upper body than lower (especially with my weighted gloves) which is good because my knees are still iffy. Good core workout and she gives excellent cues.
Followed up with Leslie Sansone 1 mile Happy Walk as a cooldown

May 5 - Cinco de Mayo! Lots of Zumba and Zumba toning for Cinco De Mayo followed by this ab workout from S.H.E. fitness studio - this channel is a recent find for me, their workouts are great, they give so many good alignment tips and I love the setting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CeXDrCbAhE

May 6 - Rest day

May 7 - National Tourism Day - Took a tour of Latin America haha - Latin Fusion with S.H.E. Fitness Studio, I went in not know what this workout format was, it was drills with low music, not really my thing but my heart rate was in the fat-burning zone the whole time so I kept with it - used weighted gloves like I usually do. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZzKflsWO7c) Followed that up with three ab workouts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfXL_pihuno - Janine Peterson Tone in 20 Quick Strength workout CORE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dnVLNdLDGY - Standing Abs with Lauren Hefez
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcSB6i-CilA - Love handles be gone with Lauren Hefez
I always enjoy Lauren's workouts and I'm trying to work on core strength. (60 mins 452 cals)

May 8 - Started with some other workouts but they were bothering my knees so did another Latin Fusion (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7tEJ5qkIPc) - modified up and added weights, it's quite repetitive but at least easy on the knees. After that tried a Gina. B power walk but didn't finish it - I want to like her but she moves fast and cues when she starts the move rather than before starting, bleh. Ended with 30 minutes of toning with weights, took it easy on the lunges. (1hr25m, 607 cals)

May 9 - Body Project 30 mins + S.H.E. fitness Waist Barre (1hr10m, 478 cals)

May 10 - Mother's Day
Low energy day and still babying the knees so 20 minute slow-n-low impact (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE_FeKpc_lk) + 20 minutes toning (40m, 280 cals)

May 11 - More energy today yay! Turbo Jam Cardio Party 1, it's always fun working out with Chalene! Followed by Latin Fusion from the S.H.E. fitness channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79AoxZv5s28). These Latin Fusion workouts are great finishers for me, for adding on some extra cardio while my heart rate is still high. I used to use Leslie for that but these have more variety of moves (but they are still quite repetitive if you don't modify them). I like the setting and camaraderie these ladies have. I hope they keep posting even after the lockdowns are over! No idea why it's called Latin Fusion though, the moves don't seem particularly 'Latinesque' or Zumba-like, the music is mostly a generic beat, occasioanally a bit of Spanish lyrics if that... (1hr20m, 669 cals)

May 12 - Prevention Walk Your Way Slim with Michelle Dozois - one of my go-to workouts. Followed by Drop it in 30 by Chris Freytag - this thing is a snooze-fest with so much TIFTing and weird moves, I couldn't last more than half the workout! Now I remember why I rarely do this one. (1hr16m, 549cals)

May 13 - Rest day
(unless walking around a supermarket for 45 mins counts)
May 14 - Body Project Cardio Starter 4 + H20 Ice Ice baby (1hr20m, 613cals)

May 15 - Hasfit 20 minute Low Impact HIIT workout + random unsatisfying toning workouts + ending with the "Pink" SHE fitness Latin Fusion workout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZzKflsWO7c) - modified heavily, just use them as a guide - had some fun with it by adding broomstick/combat bar moves into it and also used a light medicine ball for some of the moves. Calling it pink based on the instructors clothing color, no way to keep track of them otherwise! (1hr15m, 509cals)

May 16 - 10 mins Victoria's Secret ARms with Andrea Orbeck (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUPJnzxVEH8) + Beginner Pilates with Kait Coats (did not like, she is a little too 'cutesy' sounding for me) + knee strengthening with Jessica Valant (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5b0gS7wI1k) - not a follow along, will have to keep doing for a few days to see if I can go back to doing some step.

May 17 - Planned Rest day except for knee strenthening exercises

May 18 - Body Project Cardio Starter 4 - I like this one, it's intense but I don't like Alex's resistance training in the middle so I just do other cardio moves to keep my heart rate up. Nice calorie burn on this one because I kept my heart rate in zone and didn't let it get too high. (35m, 297 cals)

May 19 - Barlates Inner and Outer thigh with ankle weights (20 mins) + knee exercises (Clamshells + Quad Sets + Seated Long Arc Quads) - they are helping!! woohoo
I also had some piriformis pain so I did these Piriformis Stretches and they helped a lot too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFtUgS69rPk

May 20 - Body Project Cardio Starter 3 (don't like this one, won't be doing it again) - 45 mins, 357 cals

May 21 - Body Project Cardio Starter 4 (my favorite so far, I add hand weights, always skipping Alex's bit and subbing in kickboxing moves instead) + 25 mins Hasfit HIIT workout (1hr15, 610 cals)
May 22 - Jenny Ford March across America Tetons (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWTDD5Jrm8o) + Body Project Cardio Starter 1 (ehhh on this one, better than 3 but not as good as 4), added a cooldown since theirs was too short - (65 mins, 511 cals)
I like Jenny's step workouts but haven't tried a lot of the 'march' ones, this one felt pretty repetititive/boring.

May 23 - Barlates Standing Abs www.youtube.com/watch?v=_294BkBdi00 (20 mins out of 25, I never finish her workouts - they are so hard!!) + Hasfit HIIT workout (20 mins) + my own ab work and stretches - (45m, 384 cals)

May 24 - Body Project Low Impact High Intensity (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba3qZjzPonI) - not bad but Cardio Starter 4 is still my favorite. This one felt quite repititive and I think some of the sets were uneven at the start. (35 min, 320 cals)

May 25 - Towel Day - shoot I forgot about Towel day! oh well. Effortless Health HIIT #82: Low Impact Standing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKVxsTVcPxc). Good calorie burn, 18 mins in zone. I like that Natalie always includes a warm up and cool down stretch. I did not do deep lunges or squats since I'm still being careful with my knees. Marched/tapped through the 10 second breaks. (22m, 188 cals)

May 26 - Body Project with added hand weights (Real Start+ and another with Alex that I didn't finish) Knees did not like yesterday's workout so back to Body Project today. (45m, 458 cals)

May 27 - Body Project Cardio Motion - did not do all the movements, subbed easier ones, was trying to keep it low-intensity today. (23 mins, 171cals)

May 28 - Body Project Real Start Just Move - I like the chill vibe of this one and Daniel is very laid back, I like these newer eps much better than any of the ones with the green backgrounds which were the early ones. Low-intensity day today, kept my HR towards low end of zone. The breaks were a bit too long so I just started doing the moves once he mentioned what came next. Added weights to some moves and added a 5 min cooldown. (35 mins, 243 cals)

May 29 - Guided Meditation/Relaxation - Ocean Escape (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar_W4jSzOlM) + a few reps of Quad Sets
May 30 - Pahla B seated sweat + 10 minute Andrea Orbeck arm circuit (30 mins, 197 cals)
May 31 - Popsugar No Squat Booty Workout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytwoj2PYO0U) + Barlates Glute with Loop (www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHQ3hTtKv_w) + Barlates Inner Thigh Loop Extreme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_12lFGfKy8w) I did not do all the Barlates moves, Linda is slightly insane with the number of reps but I did most of them. So excited that I finally have my mini-bands delivered!
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 08:17 AM  
Luv2WO

May!

1. TBL Pilates with a Purpose Total Body Tone, Strong Shoulders and Healthy Back, BB Livestream, Yoga with Adrienne Yoga for Transitions
2. PBL Tuscan Tone Lower Body, Awesome Abs and Arm Workout, Slimming Stretch Workout, 15 min walk
3. TBL Pilates with a Purpose Day 1 and 2, Ultimate Flexibility Rotation

4. PBL Strong and Defined Leg Workout, Adore Your Core Complete Core, 30 min walk, Essentrics Pain Relief Stretch with Sahra
5. PBL Yellowstone Upper Body Tone, No Frills Workout, 5 min More Stretch, 30 min walk, BB Mat Stretch
6. PBL May Makeover Booty Burn Workout, Graceful Flow Stretching Routine, 30 min walk, TBL Relax/Breath workout
7. PBL May Makeover Total Body, Strength and Stability Shoulder Routine, 30 min walk, Jackie's Essentrics Class on Zoom
8. PBL Butt Builder Ankle Weight Workout, New You Strong Abs, 30 min walk
9. PBL May Makeover Core Workout, Fast and Firm Lower Body, Jackie's Essentrics Class, 30 min walk, BB Hip Stretch
10. PBL Winter Challenge Stretch Routine, Spring Into Summer Posture Plus workout, BB Bridal Posture Workout, 45 min walk, PM Callanetics
11. PBL May Makeover Booty Burn Workout, Everyday Essential Classic Abs, Jackie's Essentric Floor workout, 30 min walk, PBL 5 Min More Stretch.
12. AM Callanetics, PBL Resistance Plus Posture Plus workout, Just 5 Min More Stretch, 30 min walk.
13. PBL May Makeover Athletic Abs, May Makeover Leg Blast Workout
14. PBL May Makeover Definition Arm Workout, Sexy Six Pack Workout, Jackie's Essentric class,
15. PBL Winter Challenge Abdominal Routine, New Zealand New Legs workout, BB Mat Stretch
16. PBL Badlands Butt workout, Weightless Arms, BB Arabesque Lifts, Inner Thigh Blast, Standing plies, Essentrics Tone Up Your Legs
17. PBL Kickstart Your Day, Central Park Stretch,
18. PBL May Makeover Athletic Abs, 5 Min More Legs, BB Cardio Intro, TBL MBP Pilates for Posture
19. TBL Stress Relief Workout, MBP Pilates Foundations, PBL Winter Challenge Lower Body, 30 min walk
20. Barre3 30 Minutes with Andrew, BB Hip Stretch, BB Inner and Outer Thigh workouts, TBL Mindful Meditation
21. Barre3 10 Min Cardio with Allison, TBL Breath Control and Balance, Jackie's Essentrics Zoom Class
22. Essentrics Total Body Toning, 30 min walk, BB Daily Dance Stretch
23. TBL Less is More Workout, MBP Pilates with Weights, 30 min walk, BB Hip Stretch
24. Barre3 45 Minutes with Marissa
25. Rest Day
26. CS 1217, Leg Toning with Amanda, Essentrics workout with Sasha, 30 min walk, BB Daily Dance Stretch
27. Essentrics Barre Workout, 30 min walk, BB Daily Dance Stretch
28. Barre3 30 min with Meredith, BB Hip Stretch
29. Jackie's Essentrics Class, BB Livestream 5/22 Class, 20 min walk
30. TBL Balance Control and Breath, MBP Stretch and Release
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 08:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

~~~ MAY ~~~

1 - Day 13, Yoga Flow to Detox & Destress and Day 14, Lower Back Pain & Release; Lucy Wyndham-Read 10 Minute Walk & Tone Workout; 4,797 steps.

2 - Short hike at rocky brook trail (too rough/dangerous); short loop around the beach; YwK Day 15, Full Body Morning Yoga; 8,784 steps.

3 - Nothing formal; 5,621 steps.

4 - YwK Day 16, Yoga to Stretch & Soothe for Pain Release; KCM Muscle Up, workout 2; walk around neighborhood; 7,704 steps.

5 - Walk around the neighborhood; Bye Bye Back Pain; 7,923 steps.

6 - Hatha yoga class (live stream); 5,792 steps.

7 - Winsor Back Workout; YwK Day 17, Upper Body Strength; walk around neighborhood; 7,923 steps.

8 - Nothing formal; 5,792 steps.

9 - Live stream yoga workshop - Understanding the Vagus Nerve; 3,997 steps.

10 - Mother's Day walk at wildlife conservation area; 11,345 steps.

11 - Beach walk, back stretches and inversion; 7,517 steps.

12 - Nothing formal but I made an effort to move more; 6,428 steps.

13 - Power walk around neighborhood; PT and inversion; 8,697 steps.

14 - Power walk; 9,451 steps.

15 - All I could muster up was a short walk; 6,016 steps.

16 - A little gardening, walk around neighborhood; 8,252 steps.

17 - PT; got lost in the woods while hiking; 18,227 steps!

18 - Beach walk; Winsor 20 Minute Workout; 6,293 steps.

19 - YwK Day 18, Morning Flexibility Flow; KCM Split Sessions Upper Body Blitz premix; 7,062 steps.

20 - Walk around neighborhood; Jane Adams Gentle Yoga - Evening Relaxation; 7,809 steps.

21 - AMY4YW Standing Poses; power walk around neighborhood; 8,934 steps.

22 - Halfhearted walk, allergies are killing me; 5,621 steps.

23 - 1.23 mile walk around the neighborhood; PT and inversion; 6,796 steps.

24 - Rodney Yee Yoga for Back Care; 1.13 mile hike; 8,605 steps.

25 - Nothing formal, caught up on cleaning and a purge/reorg project; 4,325 steps.

26 - PT; beach walk; 8,659 steps.

27 - Gardening and stretch; 6,741 steps.

28 - Jane Fonda Total Body Sculpting workout 1; Kathy Smith Tummy Trimmers, Pilates Mat; 4,764 steps.

29 - Rest day; 3,817 steps.

30 - Jane Fonda Total Body Sculpting workout 2; Raviana matrix for back care from Beginners Stretch Strengthen & Be Stress Free; one mile hike plus a half mile walk at the university campus; 8,551 steps.

31 - Hiked in the woods and some gardening; 10,368 steps.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 08:46 AM  
allgirlsinaz

Following Cathe's Feb rotation focusing on strength.

1. nothing
2. Slow Heavy Chest/Back
3. Step Jam
4. Slow Heavy Tri's/Bi's
5. nothing
6. Drill Max (drills 1-4)
7. SSoD Power Hour (50 min ride, solid cardio day)
8. Slow Heavy Legs/Shoulders (shoulders only); Kaliegh Cohen Fitness Make it Count (20 min ride YT)
9. nothing
10. Gym Style Chest/Tri's
11. nothing
12. nothing
13. Gym Style Back/Shoulders/Bi's
14. nothing
15. nothing
16. Kaleigh Cohen Fitness Wild Ride (45 min ride YT)
17. Butts and Guts (standing glutes and abs premix)

C25K graduate 10/10

CLX grad 12/09
allgirlsinaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 10:11 AM  
Dontmindthemess

MAY

1. Rest
2. Cathe Live TBGS + 2 mile walk
3. Romney Pulse 4/3
4. Barlates Apartment Fever Fusion + 3 mile walk
5. get Heather Fit Move your Asana 4/8 Really enjoyed this style of workout! Loved the music paired to the movement. Wish there were more cardio intervals in it.
6. Rest
7. Get Heather Fit Move your asana 4/29 + 2 mile walk (nature reserve) Did another one today with my husband. He thought it was really hard! I think there’s some challenging parts but it’s not killer. I’ve just had enough of the Cathe’s and HoyPros for a bit. I enjoy them when I’m doing them but I don’t love how they make me feel.
8. YT Evolve Functional Fitness One Hour Strength workout Level 2 w/ Brent + 2 mile walk No equipment bodyweight workout, mostly strength and mobility with a cardio blast segment after every round. 3 sections and each section is repeated once for a total of six rounds. There’s 3 exerciser, each one doing a different level which was really nice. Professionally produced with nondescript music, it has easy to follow functional exercises. Did this with my husband and we would both do another one. I’ve been having a stressful and busy couple of weeks but I’ve still been getting my workouts in at least.
9. Romney Pulse 5/6
10. Yvette Bachman Cardio Kickboxing Bosu workout + 1.5 mile walk
11. YT Evolve Functional fitness one hour strength level 2 w/Rebecca + 3 mile walk All of their workouts in each category are apparently exactly the same but with a different instructor. I feel a little ripped off, especially because I wasn’t crazy about this instructor.
12. Romney Pulse 5/12 + 2.25 mile walk
13. Heather Robertson Insane Total Body HiiT Nice easier day workout. It’s great when I want to get sweaty but not knock myself out.
14. Rest Today was actually a real life workout. I built two 4’x8’x12” raised beds all by myself today. From getting the wood and paver stones to assembly. I feel like all I’ve been doing is getting soil! I was really feeling my hamstrings!
15. Heather Robertson Full Body HiiT workout This was harder than I thought it would be but not killer.
16. Get Heather fit 40 min shred bodyweight 5/14 + Barlates Target 15 Ankle Weights Truly a worthy workout for 40 minutes! There’s three sections of 4 exercises- a cardio (lots of lunges), a burpee, a plank move, and a core. Each is done for one minute and then the four exercises are repeated once. I was dripping in sweat! I did not preview this and I didn’t realize there were be so many (or any) burpees. I really love these get Heather fit workouts that I have done but she is a bit much.
17-19. Yard work + walking I feel like I did a backyard makeover. Also filled my raised beds.
20. YT Evolve 1 hour golf workout level 2 w/ Brent Meh, nice core and balance work with a mobility circuit at the end but it wasn’t enough of a workout for me.
21. Penny Barnshaw 60 min no repeat workout w/ weights https://youtu.be/4OHDcqNLCt4 This workout is done Heather Robertson style, no talking, and I think it’s even the same music, but this was harder than a Heather workout. There were 6 circuits: 1&4 were strength based 50:10, 2&5 were cardio based 45:15, and 3&6 were core based 40:20. I really liked the format. The cardio 45:15 were really tough, lots of plyo and burpee moves in there. An ad came on after the first 45:15 and my husband just about screamed at me to let it play and not skip it!! He said it was there for a reason. I would absolutely do more of her workouts. Now the weird stuff- I kind of think she sped herself up, there were a few exercises especially in the beginning that she was moving a little too fast, it almost looked unnatural if that makes sense. We also wondered if she was really doing the whole circuit, she has this weird manic looking smile the whole time. It had us wondering if it was a loop. That being said it didn’t affect me too much, after the first 5 minutes you’re working hard and it’s not as noticeable. This could easily be split up into 2 30 minute sessions too! I’m going to take a better look at her channel today.
22. Cathe Live Stong Upper Body and Core + 2 mile walk
23. Penny Barnshaw 50 min Fat Burning Full Body Workout
24. Barlates Quiet Quarantine Pilates Ring + 2 mile walk
25. Rest Supemely lazy day!
26. Penny Barnshaw Total body Cardio w/ weights 50 min w/ ab finisher
27, 28. Rest Pretty much just chaos.
29. Penny Barnshaw Total Body HiiT + MadFit lower Abs
30. Barlates Tone it High to Low + 3 mile walk
31. Penny Barnshaw Dumbbell Strength Workout and Bodyweight HiiT + 2 mile walk Two 30 min workouts. Loved the format of Bodyweight HiiT. 12 exercises each done 45/15 30/10 and 20 seconds.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 10:39 AM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 11:23 AM  
clerkin11

May

1) Cathe Live Cardio Boxing #125
2) cleaned all day so no official workout but my house is clean
3) rest - enjoyed the gorgeous day outside, so no official workout
4) Cathe Live - Upper Body Boot Camp #145 - I really enjoyed this one!!
5) Cathe XTrain Cardio Leg Blast
6) Terri Walsh Stretching & Mobility workout - I always say I want to do more of this, so today I actually did! It was a good stretch - she really gets into your hips and low back. Everything felt better after.
7) LMOD BodyCombat 82 - These are always so fun!
8) rest day
9) Cathe Live #60 High Intensity Aerobic Weight Training with Step - whew!! This was tough but fun. The kind of workout you want to do when you didn't work out the day before and you won't be working out tomorrow. Giving it your all!! plus, Winsor Buns & Thighs and Cathe abs
10) Mother's Day
11) I had a doctor's appointment so I worked through lunch to make up the time.
12) Cathe Live #85 ICE chiseled Upper & Lower Body Blast - this one was so fun - 8 rounds of cardio, lower body and upper body - very energizing
13) War #20 - for some reason, my roku wasn't working. I was planning to do LMOD BC, so I subbed my war dvd - thank goodness I have these. It was actually a fun workout with good music. Plus floor band work from High & Tight . 2 mile walk after work.
14) nothing
15) Cathe Live PHA3
16) Going on a long drive to bring some baby stuff to my daughter. We're not staying long and I can't hug her and I can't touch her belly I'm really missing out on my daughter's pregnancy! But at least I'll be with her. She's due in June and I'm praying I can be with her when the baby's born (not when she's born, but soon after she's born).
17) Hosted 2 zoom baby showers and was just exhausted from all the driving on Saturday.
18) Daily Burn total body - I didn't know what to expect and it was ok. The reason I do so much Cathe is I know what to expect. This one was ok, but I really didn't work up a sweat.
19) Cathe Muscle Endurance workout plus a 15 minute Yoga with Adrienne plus a 45 minute walk after work
20) 45 minute walk
21) Took a note from AnMrsDe and did KCM Cardio Pump (Interval Pump Premix-53 min.) plus a little yoga stretch after.
22)-23) lots of cleaning and yard work getting ready for summer
24) Cathe Live 281 Ramped Up Total Body - love this workout!
25) rest
26) Cathe Live 287 - Cardio Kickboxing plus 3 rounds of booty band exercises plus Yoga with Adriene (15 minute)
27) Cathe Live #111 Smokin Upper Body Blast plus a 20 minute Yoga with Adriene.
28) Sh'Bam - not sure which one, but it was 45 minutes and it was fun.
29) Feeling tired today and wanted to do yoga. I got the ultimate yogi set a while ago from ebay, so today I tried one of the workouts Cross Training - and I liked it. It was a nice mix of flowing, stretching etc.
30) Cathe Live Touch Up Training Total Body - it was supposed to be for an easier day, but it was a butt kicker!! At the beginning Cathe said this was for a day you just wanted to move, but it wasn't hiit etc. and by the end she said it kicked her butt. So I didn't feel bad that it kicked mine too.
31)
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts