Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-20, 07:44 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

60% off all Stott Pilates dvds

https://www.merrithew.com/shop/sale/...eTVGJJNjIBXFbw

I wanted to share in case anyone likes Stott. If you click on the video, it does have a small clip of the workout.

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 09:20 AM  
killoffsonny

Excellent. Thank you so much. I plan on binge shopping. Pilates is my go to style of exercise.
Old 01-19-20, 09:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Wow, that's a great discount. Any Stott fans have any favorites they can recommend?
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 10:34 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Great, thank you! The two I wanted forever - are out of stock but I'm pretty sure I still can find some other DVD I like.
Old 01-19-20, 12:18 PM  
ardnas

Was going to order 5 DVDs until I went to checkout and S&H is $20!
Old 01-19-20, 01:39 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
ugh are the coming from Canada? I know I've ordered from there before and it wasn't that high....or maybe that was Classical Stretch?
Old 01-19-20, 02:01 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
That's a deal breaker for me.
Old 01-19-20, 02:46 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I got a bunch of heavily discounted Stott DVDs on Amazon before Christmas since it looked like she was getting out of the DVD business. I used to do studio Pilates private lessons but don't have that available where I am now. I bought everything in a couple of her matwork series in the beginner/remedial category for when I need remediation. I have Prime and was able to get everything I was interested in for free shipping. One was used in like new condition to complete a set.

I do check the clips on the Stott site even if I buy off of Amazon. In the past Stott/Merrithew occasionally had free shipping on DVDs offers but I haven't seen that for a long time. Shipping is slow and was from Canada the last time I ordered years ago. They also have a tab in their listings for a description of the workout which lists all of the moves on the DVD in case you have favorites or ones you avoid. There are many that Stott is out of and those and their information are no longer on their site, unfortunately.

I have a ton of her matwork DVDs so I don't do any one often enough to list it as a favorite. I do really like the 4 Stott walking aerobics DVDs lead by PJ. They're very simple - mindless to do, really - and range from illness recovery to a little bit of a challenge for me. I have a lot of allergies that have affected my respiratory capacity and I'm 65. For a lot of VFers they would be boring and too easy but they've long been some of my most-used cardio DVDs. Nice bright neutral set and a small group of exercisers.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 03:58 PM  
killoffsonny

I caved. Shipping was 18 for four dvds. Never thought of looking on amazon. Oh well lesson learned. My gym has changed a couple of mat pilates classes to a time that I can't make. So these will come in handy.
Old 01-20-20, 12:48 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i have been hesitant to buy stott pilates workouts due to the lack of good ratings on amazon, and any positive reviews are hit or miss. here on VF, there haven't been glowing reviews about the workouts. the quality of the filming, setting, and audio is top notch.

i have 2 Zenga DVDs which i like, however, they're not one of the ones included in the sale on the stott site. i got the Zenga ones from Amazon based on VF reviews here on the forum. i think i own one of the mini ball ones that i found at a thrift store, but i haven't done the entire workout.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stott, stott pilates