Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-29-20, 07:28 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
She just made an announcement on youtube - Epic 2 starts in January!

Erica
Good, I’m glad. I suspected she was going to do another rotation but hadn’t checked yet. I already planned to take a recovery week anyway. I wonder if she do strength based again or go more metabolic.

Her hiit last Sunday absolutely slayed me. It’s the only one I didn’t finish. I just couldn’t keep up with that EMOM.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 10:44 PM  
bex

I've totally fallen in love with Caroline Girvan, who I only discovered thanks to VF. I've done the beginner EPIC series 2x this month, and I'm in the midst of the 3rd one. When I've completed the third cycle I'm going to try EPIC.

This is the most motivated I've ever been to stick to a rotation! I love the feeling of getting stronger each time.

When I do EPIC I'll use less weight than she does because I'm just not that strong. But I'll try to match her reps, so I'll be lifting heavy for me.

That being said, I'm mixing in other workouts as well. It might be that her 10 week rotation takes me all of 2021. That prospect makes me happy.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 07:34 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

We should have a checkin for Epic 2!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 04:30 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I am on day 2 of the beginner Epic so hopefully I can get through the workouts and then join in when I'm done with Epic I.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 07:56 AM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I'll be ambling my way through EPIC 1 but happy to join you amazons.

By the way, on Caroline's video about EPIC debrief, Heather Robertson left this comment:
Caroline!! It’s so amazing to see your channel and community grow! I know just how much work goes into everything you’re doing. Congrats lady and keep it up! 🔥

Now that's class!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 03:44 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
I'll be ambling my way through EPIC 1 but happy to join you amazons.

By the way, on Caroline's video about EPIC debrief, Heather Robertson left this comment:
Caroline!! It’s so amazing to see your channel and community grow! I know just how much work goes into everything you’re doing. Congrats lady and keep it up! 🔥

Now that's class!
TRULY. I like Heather and now I like her more :-)
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 09:34 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
I did the first day of beginner Epic (lower body) and could barely walk for two days after! Someday when I'm a little more fit I will attempt her workouts again because I really like her.
I did the first day of Beginner Epic and found it challenging but doable. Today I did the second day - upper body no equipment - and Joni O’d it halfway through - way too many push-ups and planks over and over ad nauseum. These are definitely not beginner workouts and I am so annoyed that she called them beginner workouts that I may not try another of her workouts for a long time. I am a high intermediate so I could probably have struggled through but I felt duped. I do admire her fitness and how professionally done the workouts are. OTOH I really liked the Heather Robertson workouts I have done so I think that will be my focus for awhile.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 07:18 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Yes. She's hardcore. One of the HiiT workout she has is 30 mins of burpees. I skipped that! Not for me.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 08:32 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I did the first day of Beginner Epic and found it challenging but doable. Today I did the second day - upper body no equipment - and Joni O’d it halfway through - way too many push-ups and planks over and over ad nauseum. These are definitely not beginner workouts and I am so annoyed that she called them beginner workouts that I may not try another of her workouts for a long time. I am a high intermediate so I could probably have struggled through but I felt duped. I do admire her fitness and how professionally done the workouts are. OTOH I really liked the Heather Robertson workouts I have done so I think that will be my focus for awhile.
As much as I like Caroline, I get it. Some of her workouts are really hard and I just stay away from them and do the ones I like. I do think her beginner EPIC 30 minute total body workout is very doable though and one of my very favorites. I have done it multiple times.

But I can't do constant pushups either, not my thing at all.

I need to visit Heather's channel and try her out soon.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 11:35 AM  
tamib

I'm another one who cannot handle all the burpees and pushups, if I could do all that I wouldn't be looking at beginner workouts! I do use some of her total body dumbbell workouts and the lower body band workouts, it's that bodyweight stuff that frustrates me, my elbows can't handle it. Heather Robertson has some total body dumbbell workouts I like also and amazingly a barre HIIT wo that I can do.

Tammy
tamib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carolyn girvan, heather robertson