Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-20, 08:28 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
one trip to the goodwill - 5 paper grocery bags. Have another bag to go - I've been swapping my summer for winter clothes and did my best to let go of some things.
I've had a thred up bag for nearly a year - filled it up and sent it off. Our local consignment store is not taking anything right now.
2 dvds off thanks to share the wealth and seem to have interest in a few more.
Me as well. One advantage of seasons; it forces you to go through your clothes. I did this last weekend and filled a bag for Goodwill. Also at the library where I work, I cleaned out our IT room and I have a box of un-used stuff.
Old 11-03-20, 08:49 AM  
Vantreesta

I have never rotated my clothes for seasons. Am I the only one whose clothes stay in the same places all year?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 08:56 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I have never rotated my clothes for seasons. Am I the only one whose clothes stay in the same places all year?
Mine stay in the same sections in my closet, too...if our winters were longer I probably would rotate them.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 09:37 AM  
sherry7899

I am lucky to have a lot of dresser and closet space in our room, so I do not need to rotate. It helps that I do not have a lot of clothing.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 10:03 AM  
Izzy

I have limited closet space which is one reason. But even when I had a larger closet I still stored my off season clothes. Going through them twice a year really helps sort out the stuff I don't wear anymore or are getting worn out. It's actually a very cleansing process. It takes a little time but I am glad I do it.
Old 11-03-20, 10:18 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I have limited closet space which is one reason. But even when I had a larger closet I still stored my off season clothes. Going through them twice a year really helps sort out the stuff I don't wear anymore or are getting worn out. It's actually a very cleansing process. It takes a little time but I am glad I do it.
That is smart! We do donations multiple times a year, so I do go through mine. I just donated several bags.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 10:19 AM  
fanofladyvols

Mary, where do your off season clothes go?

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 11-03-20, 11:02 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Mary, where do your off season clothes go?
In plastic bins. I make sure everything is washed and cleaned. This is when I inspect things for stains, too much wear etc. Then I just store the bins in the basement or in this storage closet. In the spring, I do the same. Wash and fold and inspect and store for the summer.
Old 11-03-20, 01:12 PM  
Vantreesta

It does make sense to go through them IF you can let go of things! I may start off thinking okay, I'm gonna purge, I know there's stuff I haven't worn in a very long time....and it all goes right back in my drawers or closet, more organized but still there. I guess if I cared about fashion it might help bc I could let go of things that were no longer in style but I have never cared if smthg is outdated. If I like it I wear it! I do think I might have some tank tops I can part with. Maybe.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 01:33 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
In plastic bins. I make sure everything is washed and cleaned. This is when I inspect things for stains, too much wear etc. Then I just store the bins in the basement or in this storage closet. In the spring, I do the same. Wash and fold and inspect and store for the summer.
Mary, that makes sense. When I put away clothes I hang it furthest away from the door in its section, then as things move closer (and they should be worn ) but I opt out of wearing them then I put them in the current donate bag.

Vantreesta..haha I have favorites that aren't going anywhere despite fashion, too.

In fact, I have Birkenstocks from 1997.
It was only about 6 years ago that my daughter shuddered at me wearing them. She was like "Nooo mom!"
Now she's like, " ohh those are cute!" HA!!

Tags
de-clutter, declutter, decluttering, downsizing, minimalist, minimizing