Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-01-20, 05:21 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I love the unorthodox movements and stretches in the Torso practice of Yoga in the Garden of Serenity. It feels so good and I get a great stretch from that practice.
I like the metaphor of yin yoga being like braces for the teeth!

Anny, do you like the indoor pool and gym at your apartment block?

Garrie, it's good to hear from you. As a mom, I'm glad you are staying home tomorrow. The pharmacy where my youngest son works was robbed and vandalized during a riot in Los Angeles. Thank goodness he wasn't working at the time it happened! I still worry about him working there.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 08:49 PM  
Garrie A.

Today I started my Body Beast rotation with:
-Build Chest & Tris.

This workout reminded me of STS Meso 2 meets Pyramid Upper Body meets Joyce Vedral, but with a high testosterone factor (all men, no women on set). Similar to most of these workouts, you work one muscle completely before moving onto the next. Sagi also increases/pyramids up the weights for each set, but unlike Joyce and Cathe the rest periods are longer (except for a few drop sets where you have to quickly reduce the weight). Since this was my first time doing the workout, I felt as if I chose the right weights, except for the first exercise (bench presses) in which I will go heavier for the second and third sets. Surprisingly, the workout flew by since he also included one superset (incline fly/incline press) and one giant set (close grip press/partial fly/decline push-up). My only hiccup is that for a few of the heavier sets Sagi tended to rush through the reps, but I was able to catch up.

Sandra: Thanks for starting us off this week! That is sweet that your granddaughter wants to go on walks with you.

Cyana: Sorry to hear about your lack of sleep. Hope you're not sore from Gardenasana. I'd love to see your flowers!

Paine: on the robbery! I'm glad I'm staying home, too. While grocery shopping yesterday I thought of you as I was getting some brown rice. I picked up a couple extra bags.

Beth: I also like that analogy from your training.

Linda: I saw you pop in last week! Please take some time to heal those wrists.

Waves to all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 04:07 AM  
Anny

Paine I never use the gym at our apartment complex but I used to always use the pool for swims on a hot evening after work in summer.

Today was walking and more JV weights.
Old 06-02-20, 10:23 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yoga in the Garden of Serenity (Gate Series practice)

I didn't like the Gate Series practice as much today. The Neck & Shoulder practice as well as the Torso practice remain my favorites from Yoga in the Garden of Serenity.

Garrie, how long do you think your modified Body Beast rotation will last?
My son-in-law recently found some organic brown basmati rice at the market and he bought some for me. I have not seen organic brown rice in the market since we moved here in early March.

EDIT: Oops! I forgot to add above that this morning I did:
TBM Change Your Body (Thigh & Seat segments)
Old 06-02-20, 07:22 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

No workout yesterday.

Today's Workout: Upper Focus from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong Boost Metabolism + Muscle.

Garrie: Good to hear from you! I can imagine it feels odd to be working in a bookstore without customers -- I feel the same way in my library branch with no patrons. I'm glad you were given the option to stay home in light of the planned protest (which I hope was peaceful). One of the glass doors at the main downtown library was broken Sunday night, but I don't think there was any other damage to our libraries.

Paine: That is scary re your son. Many years ago my niece was held up at gunpoint when she worked at a cannabis dispensary. I didn't learn about it until several months later -- she didn't want to worry us!

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 03:10 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi everyone--happy hump day! Milestones like this have felt weird to me since the pandemic started (and weirder still now that I am off, which feels much weirder than any prior year!).

I was privileged to be able to get my hair cut today. No blow dry as per the rules, but I'll live. The library branches in my area are starting to re-open as well. I'm also hoping to go to Goodwill tomorrow to look at books/DVDs.

I finished "Day 1" of my yin course yesterday--well, I finished the lessons yesterday and did the yin practice today. I also took another quiz, only 95% this time. (It was tough! A lot of "check all that apply" questions. ) DH asked me how many days there are and I'm not even sure, but it's 50 hours and I think each day is 5 hours, so I guess 10? I think it will take me at least a month at the rate I am going now.

Hope everyone is continuing to hang in there!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 03:16 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I found us a funny for today--I think most of us (and hopefully Garrie too) are old enough to laugh at this!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-03-20, 04:39 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a planned rest day.

Sandra, oh how horrifying for your niece to be held up at gunpoint! I'm so glad she didn't get hurt.

Beth, that's a cute funny! I hope you enjoy your Yin courses over the next several weeks.
How do you like your hair cut? Since I haven't been able to go to the salon for many months, I've been thinking about letting my hair go gray. I've never liked the idea of going gray because I think gray hair on women is very aging. Plus my hair is dark brunette so the gray will be more noticeable. Now, if I had pretty white hair like Sandra, or even silver hair, I would be happy with that because I think white hair and silver hair are pretty! I have rarely seen a gray haired woman that looks nice with gray hair so that's my dilemma.
Old 06-04-20, 10:08 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Getting Better (all)

At first I was only going to do the Upper Body work plus abs from Margaret's Getting Better but then after completing the upper body I felt in the mood to do lower body so I did that as well.

I'm waving to everyone!
Old 06-04-20, 01:09 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

My haircut sans blowdry turned out well; it was definitely easier to take care of today! And my silvery grays are continuing to multiply, LOL.

Day 2 of my yin training started with a yoga practice, so I did that today. During the practices, I've been trying to learn from how the instructor, José, adjusts people. She really emphasizes feeling the pose in the target area; it doesn't matter at all what the pose looks like.

Follow me @YogiBethC