Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-09-20, 09:15 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was

Ellen Barrett - Total Body Tune Up - 45 minutes

I enjoyed this workout from Ellen - it was cardio-ish, but I did not sweat a lot or get even remotely winded. I was actually dreading this one on the rotation because it was 45 minutes, but the time went pretty quickly. Nice music and good production values - turns out this one is on that DVD she released with the CDs of meditations and affirmations. It seems to me that all of Ellen's streaming workouts have the same good production values that her DVDs had.

Donna - Yes, a rotation of some sort of FitPrime/Kickbutt workouts sounds fun, but I think I would probably have to stick with the shorter compilation dvds. I too remember thinking they were easy when they came out - at least the FitPrimes - but I bet they would whip my butt these days. Maybe that can be a goal for me. I am enjoying Ellen's streaming right now. With all the big ranges of motion that she does, it reminds me a little bit of Classical Stretch, except that Ellen has a plan and can cue. She is a little too woowoo at times for me, and I'm sure we would never agree on a single thing politically, but I'm enjoying her workouts. Glad the DMV wasn't too awful.

Linda - 2Lazy4 Gym is one tough cookie; her dedication to fitness despite her injuries and cancer is really inspiring.

Dana - it's still about $75 to renew our tags here in Texas. It's been that price for as long as I can remember. And no emission tests either. It's nice living in a state that isn't regulartory happy - we do have to have insurance and get a safety inspection, but that's it. As for bouncing med balls, apparently there are some that do. I was reading a review of one a while back on Amazon and they were talking about the bounce.

Christine - Back to pilates, I see. Hope your back is feeling better.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-20, 11:12 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I am SO SORE today after yesterday's Medicine Ball workout that I have trouble going up and down the stairs today and I have 4 floors in my home. I don't remember the last time I was so sore! I haven't done any workout yet but for sure I'll have to do some pilates or yoga.
Old 02-09-20, 06:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts were:

Ellen Barrett - Express Belly Blast: Warmup, Cardio Intervals, Metabolism Boost - 34 minutes;
Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga: Core Strength & Flexibility - 34 minutes

I know it was supposed to be a rest day with just yoga, but I really wanted to squeeze in some cardio, so I did Ellen's Express Belly Blast workout. I generally kept things at Level 2, with no high impact moves. I did work up a sweat.

Jane's Core Strength practice was nice. I had never done it before because I figured it would be torture, but it wasn't. Some nice stretches were included, and she worked the core all the way around.

Dana - Sorry you are so sore! Do you have any Epsom Salts? They help muscle soreness, supposedly.

Carol
Old 02-09-20, 09:42 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana that's no fun at all. I remember when I did all the calf raises on some Cathe workout once it hurt to walk for days. I hate that for you. Carol gave you some good advice to use epsom salts. I also love Arnica gel to rub on muscles. It's not smelly at all and it helps.

Donna I have never considered the Fitprimes easy. I saw that thread saying one version was easier than the he other but I get a great workout with them. I'm committing myself to another strength rotation for 2 weeks. But I can also see myself changing my mind and visiting those because I miss them! I remember thinking Lean moved very quickly and was a tough abs workout, too. Congrats!

Carol I think stretch and cardio go well together.

Christine I rhink you paired your workouts nicely as well!

Yesterday was a full rest day. Today was CS #8006 "Lose a pant size"; Cathe Low Max Intervals 5-7 premix. I do Low Max with just the step platform to learn the steps. Honestly though I get such a good workout that way I may never add a riser. The blasts are my favorite. I may just get tired of trying to omit and modify turns and just do the blasts because those are fun to me.

Good night to all :-)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 09:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm not as sore from Lean as I thought I would be! I definitely feel it, but I was expecting major DOMs in my triceps, but not too bad.

This morning was:

Essentrics - Total Core and Legs w/ Meg - I only have two more workouts to complete the challenge. I may do a 7 day posture challenge on Essentrics TV next - it is a mix of seasons and other workouts.

My subscription ends on 2/20 and I'm not going to renew - I own so much content on DVD that I can "manage" with that for awhile!

Carol - I see a lot of similarities between Ellen and CS/Essentrics, too! I think that is why I didn't do as much Ellen this month while working through the CS/Essentrics challenge. Yea, Miranda's cuing is not the best that is for sure - Sahra does a better job and there are some new instructors now as well who are good! I also like that Prevention workout w/ Ellen. If you You Tube Ellen's Weight Watchers walking workouts are on there!

Dana - I hope you feel better soon - that type of soreness is no fun at all. I don't mind a little bit - but over the top soreness, nah....

Christine - I finally got around to checking out some of Theresa's workouts. They look good!

Linda, Brenda and Cheri - waves.

It is going to be raining here for the foreseeable future, so no walks unless I catch a break in the rain.

Happy (not) Monday.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 11:18 AM  
furmomof6

Shaped by Faith: 30 Minute Mat

Donna, I'm glad you liked them on preview! I do like them a lot, I just need a little variety. I have liked adding in Faithful Workouts. It will be pouring rain here too the next few days, bummer for no walks.

Linda, yes, I have been liking the combination! What did you mean by omitting the "turns". Do you mean when the choreography has you turn in a circle? I would get very dizzy and fall over, so I would have to omit that too!

Dana, stretching it out helps me on days like that. Although it has been years since I felt that way. I second Epsom salts too!

Carol, glad Jane's workout was a pleasant surprise!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 04:45 PM  
cherimac

Hi, all. Christine checked on me. I have spent two weeks off my mat with a sinus infection and a stomach bug. Somehow, I only missed two days of work. I have also closed the store alone as a manager twice during that time...and we had inventory. It’s been crazy.

But I got in PN Lower Body Love today so things are a bit better.
Old 02-10-20, 09:03 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

I'm still sore today and didn't do anything other than some light stretching. However, last week Emma (ePilates) sent out New Starter Guide to Meditation video that I've been wanting to try and being a complete novice to meditation I thought I might find interesting and helpful. Video was 38min long and contained practical tips on how to sit, position of the body and breathing techniques. Video ended with short meditation. I've actually enjoyed it and will definitely further dip my toes into meditation.

Tomorrow I'll be back to my regular workout routine but I don't plan to kill myself like I did last week.

Wave to all and welcome back to Cheri!
Old 02-11-20, 07:15 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday ended up being a rest day for me. Got home late, started watching the Westminster Dog Show and just didn't want to do anything. Hopefully I'll get home earlier today - it's snowing.

Christine - Are these Theresa's workout shows: https://www.shapedbyfaith.com/produc...the-word-dvd/?

Dana - That was kind of my experience with Get Healthy U TV. I was doing great, and then I made the mistake of doing a workout that was too much for me, and I've hardly been back since. It's a shame, because I was enjoying what I was doing up to that point.

Cheri - Glad to see you are feeling better and back at it. Smriti's Lower Body Love is on my list for today. You will like her new 30 minute workout when you do it, I think.

Donna - Maybe all that stretching in Lean helped with the soreness? I do have those Ellen WW walks on DVD - bought them used on Amazon a while back, but being the vidiot that I am, I want everything.

Linda - These day I often will do a step workout entirely without a step - definitely much safer for me. I don't generally do the turns anymore either.

Carol
Old 02-11-20, 09:10 AM  
furmomof6

I'll be back to check-in. I have a Bible study on Tuesday mornings, so I'll workout later.

Carol, yes, that's it! I'm sorry, I had no idea she added it to her website. It's a 3 DVD pack.

Cheri, glad you're back and feeling better! You're doing so well at B&N!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote