Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-04-20, 03:44 PM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

We were surrounded by coughers and sneezers all the way home! I've been dosing up, so that those nasty little bugs don't take hold! I think (fingers crossed) that I've passed the danger zone now. Anyway, I'm taking it easy this week, as my body adjusts to a new time zone.

Yesterday was:
LH - Jan 29 class
Boho Beautiful - Best Yin Yoga Release
Meditation Day 1 - Travis Elliot - Presence. I've decided to start a daily practice.

Today:
Mimi K-D - Mental & Emotional Well-being: 5 Forms for Organs & Emotions.
Meditation: Abdominal Breathing (Janice Tucker)

Pam - Thank you for starting us off. Glad you enjoyed the workshop. I feel the same way about Pilates. I've noticed that I'm choosing more Pilates-inspired workouts, rather than the Classical mat work. I still hate the unsupported head work in the traditional classes. I'm thinking of cancelling PA this month and trying something else. Daffodils are so cheerful and the first reminder that Spring is on the way. My neighbour bought me a bunch to welcome us home.

Pat - Yeah for making your final payment. You have reminded me to check out some more Ravi/Ana classes.

Tomorrow I'm having my feet done, followed by a reflexology treatment, so am really looking forward to that.

Waves to all! Hope everyone has a great day.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 01:40 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics class
~WOL: Bad Girls - Lol, this one was all Donna Summer music I wasn’t going to renew, but decided on another month as it’s pretty rainy here. I see there are also some barre and other workouts besides walking I might check out.
~Headstand
~My own yin...forward bends, hip openers, twists, legs up the wall

Margot - Ugh, I hate being stuck in close quarters with germ-y people! I hope you can fend off any illness and get readjusted to the time change. I’m not a fan of pilates unsupported head work either. I usually put a squishy ball under my head & neck.

I get needled again in the morning, wish me luck!
Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 07:08 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

Hopefully I will have a workout to post later.

Monday I had sinus headache all day, and Monday night sleep was awful (sigh).

I pieced together a sort of workout yesterday-not great, but at least I moved.

-Yoga Upload morning yoga in bed stretching practice
-Debra Bono African Dance from "3 flavors" dvd-new one I'd never tried. I stopped after ten minutes
-10 minutes of Soul Sweat with Tori
-10 minutes of a Body Groove workout

Margot-Ugh! I hope you don't get sick! We went to London on our honeymoon, and I caught bronchitis from someone hacking on the plane.

Pat, congratulations on paying off your car! That is a great feeling!

Pam-great workouts!!

Cyana-re: curly hair. It cracks me up how on you tube they have all these "how to easily get second day hair" videos. They involve more steps, time and product than me wetting down my hair and redoing it entirely! Some days if I am pressed for time, I dampen it a little and put in conditioner and styling products and diffuse it a little. That revives the curls. It looks better when I start from scratch, but is way less time consuming. My hair takes forever to dry, so especially in the summer I'll do the quick version

Hi, Jackie!

I'll be back later-hopefully with some kind of workout. Sleep is still pretty lousy and I'm dragging.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 08:48 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies. Yesterday I was very tired and eye strained, took a nap after work. Then I made myself get up and try Ellen's Crunch Fat Burning Pilates. Whew it slew me. I've lost stamina! Before bed I treated myself to a 20 minute yoga nidra by Rod Stryker.

Uh oh Margot, I hope other people's bugs don't catch hold of you. Good luck with your meditation practice and enjoy that reflexology, yum.

Pam, do you remember NaturalLove who used to post with us? She always said there is no need to be straining the neck by flexing the head forward in Pilates, and as an instructor I trust her judgment.

Sherry that sounds like a good workout cocktail to me. I hope you are feeling better.

Greetings to anyone who visits today!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 02:22 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Pat!

I remember natural love! There are so many old members that I miss.

This morning I did the Janis Saffel/Scott Cole Yin Yang workout, which is almost an hour. I have not done this one in.ages and I really liked it. The standing leg work at the end is going to make me sore tomorrow!

Margot, I hope you are feeling okay.

I am going to try a yoga for sleep practice tonight to.see if that helps with my lousy sleep.

Has anyone tried these essential oil blends? They look interesting! I have used the brand before and liked them.

https://www.auracacia.com/essential-oils/roll-ons/

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 01:58 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today was a rest day for me after getting needled again this morning. The process is less painful each time & my PT assures me that is progress! I sure hope so, lol. He also cautioned me against too much intense core work while my lumbar spine issue heals so I guess I’ll hold off on Pilates for a while.

Pat - Yes I remember NaturalLove & thanks for the reminder about not needing to lift my head. It really bugs my neck and one reason why I’m not a huge Pilates fan.

Sherry - I have used Auracacia oils before and I liked them. I haven’t used any of the blends though. I just bought two new diffusers that came as a set. They have an intermittent setting....30 seconds on, 30 seconds off which I like.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 02-06-20, 05:35 AM  
Twigs

Good morning all!

I had a nice relaxing treatment, except for the big toes, which were painful but not surprising, as I understand they represent the pineal gland and hypothalamus. I'm also very happy I didn't succumb to the germs on the plane.

Yesterday was:
- PA Thoracic Spine Movement (Tutorial)
- Mimi - Regulating Energy, Self Massage
- Dr Melissa West - Yin Yoga for Focus and Contemplation. I gave up after 20 minutes, as I wasn't enjoying the poses she chose or holding each one for 5 minutes. I'm ok with 2-3 minute holds but any longer and I start getting bored!

Pam - I'm glad the needling is becoming less painful as you progress through the treatments. I can handle the pain in the body; however working on the toes has been excruciating for me in the past.

Sherry - Sorry to hear you're having such lousy sleep. ((Hugs)) Hope the yoga before bedtime helped.

Pat - Your yoga nidra sounds like a lovely self-pampering treat.

Waves to Cyana and Jackie.

I'm hoping to get in a walk this afternoon. My first one since we got back.

Have a great day everyone.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 08:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Gooooood morning! Sparse day but at least I did something:

~ Felicia Tomaska Seated Pigeon in Your Chair;
~ Unplugged 1916

Sherry, that Janis Saffel workout is a blast from the past! Good job on finishing the whole workout. I'm not into essential oils for the most part, but AuraCacia is a trusted health food store brand.

Pam, interesting how your doctor prescribed no core workouts. Usually for back pain it's the opposite Let's hope the needling helps many times over.

Margot it's good to hear your reflexology went well. I hope you had an enjoyable walk back home.

I hope Jackie is okay, and waves to Cyana.
Old 02-06-20, 10:07 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s workouts:
~taught Essentrics
~WOL: Girl Groove
~yin....forward bends, chest openers, side bends, hip openers, legs up the wall

Pat - It’s my PT not my MD who has told me to go gentle on core work and impact exercise while I’m getting IMS. So I’m still doing Essentrics but that’s the extent of my core work until this resolves. I have one more treatment next week before we leave on vacation. I don’t actually have back pain. I have a nerve impingement of sorts in my low back that’s causing weakness in my left leg & muscle tightness along that whole muscle chain, especially my left calf & foot. It’s the root cause of the PF in my left foot. My PT has never led me astray, so I’m following orders, lol.

Margot - I had reflexology a few weeks ago in combination with a hot stone massage, it was heavenly! My big toe was a bit sensitive too, around my pineal gland & my thyroid. I’m happy to hear you are feeling well! We are traveling to Hawaii next week. I’m excited but a bit nervous about being in airports with all this Corona virus stuff. I’ll be armed with my Saje anti microbial hand cream and my Norwex hand cleaner & travel cloths. I don’t like alcohol based hand sanitizers but I might break down & throw them in too, lol.

Jackie is taking a VF break but hopefully she will be back with us soon!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 02-07-20, 08:48 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and TGIF!!

I forced myself go the gym last night. It seems like the ticket is to fall asleep sitting upright after work, instead of collapsing in bed. Had a pretty decent workout despite the crowd and not being able to do my full PT routine on the cable stack. The newbies are hanging in there.

I had such a frustrating experience with YogaGlo. The search function refused to let me select a yin practice, which I was craving. It was stuck on the "recommended for you" and wouldn't budge. Finally threw my hands up and went to Sarah Beth Yoga for "15 Minute Relaxing Yoga Stretches to Unwind After Work."

Pam, cutting back on core work makes sense now that you explained the IMS treatment. Nice yin practice for you. Hawaii!!!! Are you planning to wear a mask for all things airplane?

Everyone have a wonderful Friday.