Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-26-20, 11:37 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Pam: I've been interested in an inversion bench. I've seen them advertised and I see yours in your avatar picture. I would much rather have one of those. Although I can do Shoulderstand with no props or issues. I LOVE that pose.

Pat: YogaGlo sounds amazing! I second the suggestion of the Les Mills beginners series. I think it would be a great way to get into kickboxing. Plus Body Combat is SOOO good and fun!

Sherry: Hope your birthday was good!

For you dear ladies who are struggling with menopause. Me too. But I have to tell you, since I started taking Amberen, it has been a huge improvement in my symptons!!!!!!
I don't usually like to plug specific products, but you might want to read up on this stuff. https://amberen.com/
My hot flashes have all but stopped. I still get some but 90% reduced. No more brain fog. No more crazy appetite or moods. Etc, etc, etc!!
Just sayin'!

Fun with Michelle Dozois this morning and Peak 10 More Cardio Strength. Sweaty!!
I haven't had lunch yet but think I'll try another Rudy practice on Power Yoga. I haven't decided yet. ;-)

HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 11:53 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

I am taking a planned rest day today. I did hour long cardio plus yoga four days in a row, and my body needs rest today. Plus, I slept like crap last night (sigh...) At 3 am, I used some essential oils for sleep and pulled out my weighted blanket. I was able to fall back after being up for over two hours. Ugh.

I had a nice low key day yesterday. I made a cake that I'm going to have to freeze over half of it (two layers of brownies with an eggless chocolate chip cookie dough in between (plus I heat treated the raw flour) with chocolate ganache and mini chocolate chips on top). It's too bad our chocoholic local friend moved to Virginia. The last time I made this cake, I gave him over half of it and he was thrilled!

We bought dinner from an excellent local Italian market. It is better than going to a restaurant. There is enough left for tonight, so I don't have to cook tonight. I couldn't think of anywhere I wanted to go, to be honest. There aren't any concerts we want to see or any movies out we want to see either. I'll pick something when something actually comes up that I want to do.

I am a little upset that several old friends forgot my birthday. I should focus on the ones who did remember (thank you!) but it still hurts. One friend is a total Beatles geek and knows I share my birthday with George Harrison, so I thought that would prompt her to remember. One has four kids, including a five year old, so I don't blame her for forgetting! The others are all on Facebook constantly where you actually get a reminder, so I don't understand that. Oh, well....I will move on. They're just all people I've known thirty or more years, so it hurts.

I"m sorry to whine. Thanks for letting me vent.

Pat, I'm sorry about the transcript. I thought of training to be a medical transcriptionist at one point, and was able to listen to what the recordings sounded like. I'm a really fast and accurate typist, but I thought I could never keep up with that work! I respect you for being able to do that with legal recordings.

Kate, thanks for the tip. I wish I could use it, but since I take thyroid medication I am nervous about combining anything with it that isn't prescribed. I am glad it is working so well for you.

Pam, your yoga class sounds amazing!

Yesterday's workout:

-Soul Sweat World Heat with Sara Jane-hour long class. I haven't done Soul Sweat in a few weeks because I am trying to use dvds I have not touched for ages. I've missed my Soul Sweat!

-Yoga Upload 15 minute morning practice

I may (gasp!) try a Turbo Jam workout tomorrow to see if I can take Chalene as an instructor anymore. After doing Body Combat, I need slow and controlled kickboxing with great form....Turbo Jam doesn't really fit that. I want to decide whether to keep or get rid of those workouts.

Of course I could change my mind and do a dance workout.....

Have a great day!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 05:35 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Sherry: wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor if the ingredients in Amberen would clash with your meds.
I'm SO sorry some people missed your birthday. How COOL that you share a birthday with George!!
GREAT workouts for you! You've done so well this week.
STOP posting about desserts. LOL (jk)

Just back to add that I did Cathe's LIS Yoga Relax today. I have never done that one and it's really not too bad. Not the kind of Yoga I like, but quite relaxing, good stretches and decent instruction. I liked the mellow music too.

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 02-27-20, 03:00 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s workouts:
~ETV: Posture & Spine
~YT Booty Workout
~MFML: Healthy Back 5, Spinal Torsion - nice & twisty
~Waikiki walkabout

Kate - I got hooked on the headstand bench last summer in the UK. I went to a few Iyengar classes there where we used the Feet Up Trainer. I lucked out and found a similar but more basic one used for $20, deal of the day! I love it! I might splurge one day & get the Feet Up. It is more ergonomic and is also great for supported back bends.

Sherry - Sorry your friends missed your birthday, that is a let down.(((Hugs)))

Pat - Ugh, I can’t imagine trying to transcribe a bad recording.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 01:32 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Pam!

My back was not up for kickboxing, so I did the longest workout on Ilyse Baker's Weight Watchers dance dvd. It was kind of fun, but repetitive and Ilyse did not stop talking! I think the shorter workouts have better music so I may use them as add ons.

I hope to do yoga later. I have a slamming sinus headache, so I do not know if I will feel up to doing anything else today.

Old 02-27-20, 08:34 PM  
cyana

Happy Almost Friday - I am SO ready for the week-end, as it's been another busy week.

Sherry - I had miserable insomnia last night, so I feel your pain. And my eyeballs didn't want to focus when I sat down at the computer this morning. That was interesting and not in a good way! Hope you are headache free tomorrow.

Pam - I am so behind with MFML. I was tickled pink to see that Clive had a new practice - now I need to make time to DO it. Hope your toe is continuing to heal nicely.

Pat - Many years ago, I used to help out a medical transcriptionist every blue moon, because I was a good typist. Between the joker who would say crazy things to try to make you laugh - while you're making sure you didn't type that stuff in the reports and the mumblers, I don't know how she did it.

Kate - I saw your bra thread on GD. I'm liking the Bali Comfort Revolution bras these days. I don't need fancy bras since I work from home, and I need to try the one with narrower straps to wear with tank tops in the summer. I usually get them on sale at Macy's or order them through OneHanesPlace.com. I also wear them for working out and for yoga - nice and stretchy - and stay in place. I would describe myself as a Barely B these days, so the molded cups don't work well most of the time.

Hope to catch up with everyone this week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 12:33 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello ladies and happy Friday!!! The weeks just fly by!
Checking in with Cathe's High Step Training yesterday and a lovely new practice on Power Yoga by Steve Jones. A Little Bit of Backbending. Really excellent with mellow backbends thrown in plus sweet hip openers. LOVE when they get new streaming practices!

Today I did a Group Rx workout and will hop on Power Yoga again and try another new one. Maybe Monica Shao? She has some great practices!!

cyana: thank you for the bra tip! I just can't find anything that fits anymore.

Sherry: Go away headache! Go away! Let Sherry come out and play! Hope you feel better today!

Pam: great deal on your bench. Maybe someday I'll get one.

Have a great weekend all!

Old 02-28-20, 07:39 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello all!

Yesterday was a long walk & Alexa’s new cardio workout on Essentrics tv. Today was a nice long walk, no formal workout. Getting packed and enjoying the last day here as we leave for home late tonight. In spite of my injury and not being able to enjoy the beach, it’s been great. I’ve soaked up the warm sunshine and enjoyed a lot of amazing food, but I’m ready to go home.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 02-29-20, 08:35 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning!

Yesterday I woke up at 3:50 am and never got back to sleep. Ugh!! I still wanted to move, so I did Yoga Booty Ballet Light and Easy. I am very glad I reacquired this workout. It was just right for a day like yesterday.

This morning I did:

-Yoga Upload Yoga for the Spine 20 minutes
-Turbo Jam Punch, Kick and Jam, which I think has made me decide to get rid of my Chalene workouts. I am just not into her anymore. I did not really enjoy it. Her cuing was off and her "look at me" vibe gets on my nerves. I need the Body Combat instructors or Cathe for kickboxing.

Cyana-I am so sorry you are having trouble with sleep. I hope you slept better last night.

Pam, have a safe trip home. I am glad you could enjoy yourself in spite of your injury.

Kate-my headache did go away-thanks!!

Hi to anyone I missed. I'll check back later.

Sherry

Old 02-29-20, 08:17 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Greetings yoginis!

No formal workouts today, finally home after an all night flight complete with delays & missed connections. First world problems to say the least! So feeling a little tired but grateful two lovely weeks in the warm Hawaiian sun & very happy to be home!

Pat - Sending you (((hugs))) as I see on FB that your family has suffered another loss.

Waves to all as we welcome a new month tomorrow, spring is around the corner!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn