Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-27-20, 04:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kate thanks for the shout-out on my mix. I have been enjoying it.

I'm not sure I told the rest of you Fierce Fitness Goddesses but Kate was one of the VFers who let me pick her brain repeatedly when I was first trying to establish a more challenging strength routine. She's such a great role model

Ok Kittybug, you keep flexing woman. I am worried that your DVD purchases may end up increasing. Lol. Thanks to Kim I went on eBay and had to buy low impact circuit after I saw on fusion how much of it seemed up my alley. Now y'all have me looking on totalfitness at MMA...this is ridiculous

Today I did Pure strength legs and ONLY pure strength. That workout needs no MIS finisher... I'm thinking it is right up there with GS legs but not as brutal in its length.

She says at one point during floorwork "ok get in fetal position." And I was like," woman, I'm in it!!"
I love the use of my neglected bodybars instead of ankle weights.

Manley please compare your other kickbox workouts to Kickmax for me.

ChelePA thanks for your comparison...sounds like I'd like that one.

Bchgrl42 I think you asked this but I wanted to mention that I sort of follow I read somewhere that Cathe said about how she cycles workouts for herself.

Heavy for 3 weeks
Random workouts for 1 week--no further explanation was given
Light for 3 weeks
Random for 1 week
So then within the heavies or lights sometimes I do splits, sometimes I do full body.

Now heavy for me is not Kate heavy
But it is me pushing myself with Cathe, or Jari.

Random for me would be just Ellen or yoga or pilates.

Light I use light weights for workouts I enjoy like Tracie, Firm, or some Jari etc. Random is also metabolic type or other Jari or Kelly workouts.

Anyway, that's how I use that format. Not sure it's correct but it seems to work for me. I don't know what she does or what would work for you.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 05:49 PM  
ChelePA

Linda—Out of all Cathe’s kickboxing workouts, Kick Max is my least favorite. I love all the other ones!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 06:47 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Ohhhhh, Fanofladyvols, your post about the cycling of workouts is so helpful (and you're funny poking fun at me and my increasing DVD collection!)!!! Thank you! And uh-oh, now I'm scared for Pure Strength legs!!

I just finished MMA Kickboxing and really enjoyed that! I think it was Kim who said a lot of the Shock Cardios aren't that intense, and you were right! This one was just what I needed today, a fun way to get the juices flowing without wearing myself out like I've been, hah! But I have to ask...

Was Cathe sick when they were filming this? The poor thing has the most hoarse voice I've ever heard on her and I'd swear she was sick! I just wanted to hand her a bowl of chicken soup through the screen, poor thing. Can you imagine having to film whilst sick? ARG!

Anywho, tomorrow is another light day (Ellen's Yogini) for me because after many weeks of pushing myself pretty hard, I've felt the need to take a couple of recovery days before moving onto another series to let the soreness and some aches abate! And now I don't feel guilty for not keeping up with you fierce ladies for a few days because of fanofladyvols' post!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 06:53 PM  
fanofladyvols

kittybug don't think for one minute y'all haven't driven the urge to purchase within me...Mary will owe you guys a commission before long.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 09:17 PM  
Mickey12

You guys are just the best! All of you!! I'm enjoying reading these posts so much. Thank you for the smiles, giggles, and outright bursts of laughter.

Tonight I did PHA3 from the new Step Boss set because I realized I had it sitting there for too long. Guess what? It was fun and hard, and FUN! I modified some of the lower body stuff to suit me. Generally I like the alternating upper and lower body work and the cardio effect. Just my preference. Cathe seemed to be especially upbeat in this one and even sing-songy at the end. It was a really enjoyable workout and the extended lying stretch was heavenly.

Kittybug, yes, regarding Cathe's voice in the Shock Cardio workouts, I recall when they came out many people thought the same thing - that she must have been sick. I agree, what an awful thing to have to film when you're not feeling your best.

Fanofladyvols, I'm glad you maybe got some use out of that Cardio Fusion DVD - see, it's a good thing I sent it to you. I was enabling and I didn't even know it!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 07:27 AM  
ChelePA

I hope everyone doesn’t mind that I have been joining even though I’m not doing her workouts in chronological order this time. It was fun when I did it last summer. Right now I’m focusing on my newer workouts. Today I did Plyo Hiit One with abs! Crazy intense for a 20 minute workout. Yikes! It’s funny because I find the abs on this set much easier than some of the ab chapters on Lite. Later I will go to cycling with my daughter. Have a great weekend!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 08:19 AM  
Mickey12

ChelePA - of course we don't mind having you!!!! The more the merrier. Glad you're here and joining in the conversation.

I was noticing last night when doing PHA3, what a difference between Cathe's older workouts and her newer ones in terms of how hard she is breathing while doing the workout. When I did the original IMAX I was amazed that she didn't even seem to be breathing hard, not even a little! During PHA3 you could tell she was pushing to her limit and she was breathing hard! I realize it was made many years later than Interval Max and she is older, but it's interesting to notice the difference.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 10:27 AM  
Bchgrl42

FanofLdyVols, I LOVE That rotation! That sounds awesome! Last night i broke down and subscribed to on demand and the lives. I might have to apply that rotation now!
Bchgrl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 10:47 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Fanofladyvols, I'm sure the checks are in the mail from both Mary and Cathe...we can all share them!!

Kim, I LOVE LOVE LOVE PHA3!! I love all of the PHAs but the latest one is just awesome, fun and hard and fun! Glad I'm not crazy on Cathe's voice in MMA...that must have been awful for her! And interesting point on her older/newer workouts...yeah, she wasn't even out of breath at all in Imax 1, like, EVER!

ChelePA, glad you're here! And can I go cycling with you later?

Bchgrl42, congrats on On Demand and Live! You will LOVE it. I wish I had Live right now but alas, maybe sometime again in the future. So many good workouts!

Have an awesome day, fierce ones!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 11:53 AM  
manleym

ChelePA, we're glad you're here! Thanks for joining in! I don't have Plyo HiiT but have Cathe's other HiiTs, like Cardio HiiT from Shock Series, Tabaticize, etc. How is Plyo HiiT different from Cathe's other HiiT dvds, if any? It was never on my radar since I have other Cathe HiiT dvds.
Enjoy your ride with your daughter!

Fanofladyvols, I would agree with ChelePA that KickMax is my least favorite Cathe kickbox workout. I LOVE 4 Day Split Kickbox!! I don't have any of the MMA Shock Cardio boxing or kickboxing, but Kittybug can tell us about those. Sounds like Cathe was a little under the weather when filming this series, which is too bad.

Kim, I also love PHA3!! Great workout!! That is an interesting observation about Cathe breathing hard in PHA3 but not as much in earlier workouts, which are CLEARLY HARD!!! I wonder if the earlier workouts were filmed and edited/spliced together differently? I wonder if they filmed a section, then took a break, filmed another section, etc? And I agree that age may play a factor. Sure does with me!!

I did Rockout Knockout yesterday and it's just a fun workout! I love the music! I like how the workout it set up. It begins with a cardio section, then cardio boxing, and then punching and kicking drills. I used weighted gloves for the cardio boxing and punching and kicking drills to up the intensity but you obviously don't have to use them.

Think I may do Gym Styles BSB today.

Happy Friday my fierce friends! Hugs to all!!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in