Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-01-20, 12:05 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Today I did part of Mindy Mylrea’s Gliding: Total Body Double G workout. It uses the G ball used in the Melt it Off with Mitch series. I only had time for the warmup and standing cardio and strength combos sectionals . I really like it and am looking forward to doing the other 2 sections. It was a good leg and glute workout and had some creative moves.
I must have received this in a trade because there was a little pc. of bubble wrap in there. I honestly don’t remember ever doing this before. So again, glad for this check-in.
I have this workout and did it once when I got it but haven't done it since. I don't really remember much about it so I'm going to have to do this workout again.
Old 02-02-20, 01:19 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I did the rest of the Mindy Mylrea workout today. I didn’t care for the other sections. The standing to floor combos were burpees, mtn climbers and some plank crunches. I had to modify most of it. It was less than 4 minutes. The floor strength was about 13 minutes and had side lying leg work, arm slides for the lats and some ab work. In hindsight it wasn’t bad but it was bothering my back. I did some qigong before this which put some stress on my back so that is probably why.
In any case, I liked the cardio and strength combo section so I will keep this for now.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 07:18 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I’m still ploughing through my untrieds with the inspiration of this thread.

This week I tried the 4th disc of Kettlenetics. I do own a Gaiam version with 3 discs so I was interested what the 4th disc had and will now pass on my 3 disc version to thrift store.
Five 10 min body parts sections which can be programmed into any order. Thumbs up for that. I was able to up the weight slightly, still keep safe and felt the workout the next day. I don’t think of this as a Kettlebell workout but enjoyed it as a single lighter weight something different day. I liked MIchelle.

Last week I worked through 4 segments of Jane Adams Gentle Yoga. Loved them all and felt soothed. Doesn’t matter what the other three sections are like, I’m sure I will love them, it’s a keeper. This is one disc I wish I hadn’t let sit for ages...

I also tried the Strong portion of KCM Strong and Lean. It was solid but not thrilling. Like all KCM I will keep this anyway.

Another tried was 15-Minute workout for Dummies with Gay Gasper. This was a thrift store find. I thought it might be too easy but with Gay leading worth taking a chance. Abs, Arms, Buns and thighs. I did my own thing with weight selections and it ended up being challenging and really good. Gay is professional and very warm. Love her smile.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 09:49 AM  
fanofladyvols

Tore off the shrink wrap to Tracie Long Grand Total 2. So happy I did. I felt mostly in my glutes and core during the workout but the next day was feeling it in my upper back too.

I am just trying to add in newbies one or two a week if they fit my plan. And if I can't add in a newbie then a dustbunny. Working out well.

ETA: Just tried Shape 5 day Jumpstart. Yumi wasn't enough to have me decide to keep this DVD. I did her kickbox chapter and really like her so I will look for her. The other chapter I tried was the Interval 101 led by Elise. She chatters too much for my taste and I muted her so I could finish the workout. It was still easy to follow. previewed the other chapters and none appealed to me. Every now and then I hit on one that doesn't work for me.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 10:19 AM  
sherry7899

I did the longest workout from Ilyse Baker's Weight Watcher's Dance dvd. I think I bought the kit about a year and a half ago. I had previewed the two shorter workouts, but not the longest one.

I liked the workout, but I'm not sure if I liked it enough to do it again. There was a lot of repeating of steps, and Ilyse DID NOT STOP TALKING. I think I will like the two shorter workouts more from previewing them. They had better music. I'll try them as add-ons and then decide whether to keep it or not.

I did not use the fitness sticks since I thought they might bug my shoulders.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 11:37 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I was looking at my Margaret Richard DVDs and saw one still in shrink-wrap!

My Body of Work - Unplugged from the 1900 and 200 series that aired on PBS. I did the first of the four half-hour routines. Not bad, but strange without music.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 12:45 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I was looking at my Margaret Richard DVDs and saw one still in shrink-wrap!

My Body of Work - Unplugged from the 1900 and 200 series that aired on PBS. I did the first of the four half-hour routines. Not bad, but strange without music.
Yeah, I have a really hard time doing these with no music. It's just strange. I thought I could listen to the birds singing, the water gurgling in the background. That helps a little, but not much.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 07:54 PM  
wendug

I received my used copy of Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Combat Surge (CIA 2904) today and immediately jumped in and did the entire workout (all 88 minutes of it!) I really like Kimberly as an instructor and I enjoyed this workout with the intervals of med ball, kickboxing, and weighted bar. I was happy to be able to dust off my Firm Sculpting stick and use it for this workout. The twigs broke off the ends so I don't even use it for BSS2 workouts anymore. So I used the middle section of the sculpting stick along with weighted gloves for the bar moves. It was fun! And the added 15 minute stretch section was very nice...I really don't stretch as much as I should and this was a welcome break to lots of workouts that have inadequate stretches at the end. I will do this workout again, but most likely only a couple of sections as I don't often work out 90 minutes at a time! Oh, and I liked the music in this workout...kinda 90s rave music in some parts and familiar covers in others.
Old 02-27-20, 08:04 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I received my used copy of Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Combat Surge (CIA 2904) today and immediately jumped in and did the entire workout (all 88 minutes of it!) I really like Kimberly as an instructor and I enjoyed this workout with the intervals of med ball, kickboxing, and weighted bar. I was happy to be able to dust off my Firm Sculpting stick and use it for this workout. The twigs broke off the ends so I don't even use it for BSS2 workouts anymore. So I used the middle section of the sculpting stick along with weighted gloves for the bar moves. It was fun! And the added 15 minute stretch section was very nice...I really don't stretch as much as I should and this was a welcome break to lots of workouts that have inadequate stretches at the end. I will do this workout again, but most likely only a couple of sections as I don't often work out 90 minutes at a time! Oh, and I liked the music in this workout...kinda 90s rave music in some parts and familiar covers in others.

Wendy, I have not done that one in ages! Thanks for the reminder.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 04:37 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
This one just gets more fun as it goes along. Even with the length and feeling somewhat tired it still propels me along with the fun factor.
Glad you enjoyed it and I think like you, next time I might break it down in length too.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins