Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-20, 08:11 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
I ordered two masks from Tessuti Zoo on your recommendation and liked them so much that I've ordered two more.
Thanks for telling me --I've never met the owner, but she shops in the grocery store where my DD works. DD says she is very nice, & has been pleased to see DD wearing a Tessuti mask.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 02:57 AM  
suzannaerin

Thanks for the suggestions. My husband loves the Thompson tees masks and I just ordered four for myself from the zoo.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 07:01 AM  
bubbles76

Suzanne my whole family likes the Thompson Tee masks. I'm going to order some more for my mother.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 07:01 AM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post

This is such a great place and I appreciate the recommendations!
Yes! I'm so glad I thought to post this question on this forum. Asking on Facebook would gone one of two ways: no responses (or very few--I don't have tons and tons of friends, just family and some peeps from high school I don't even know very well!) or it could have gotten way off-topic and possibly of a nature I'd rather not deal with.

VF's forum is safe and filled with knowledgeable, caring people! I've gotten some great suggestions and I really appreciate it.

Donna
Old 05-22-20, 11:35 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
Yes! I'm so glad I thought to post this question on this forum. Asking on Facebook would gone one of two ways: no responses (or very few--I don't have tons and tons of friends, just family and some peeps from high school I don't even know very well!) or it could have gotten way off-topic and possibly of a nature I'd rather not deal with.

VF's forum is safe and filled with knowledgeable, caring people! I've gotten some great suggestions and I really appreciate it.

Donna
Ditto x 1,0000,0000,000 times!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 04:39 PM  
adrien_73

Quote:
YES, YES, YES!!!!

Based on Exercise Diva's recommendation here, I purchased the Thompson Tees masks. I have tried many different kinds and these are my faves! I have a neighbor who works as a cashier at Walmart, and has to wear a mask for hours daily. I gave her one of them, and she absolutely loved it and said it was the most comfortable one she has tried too. So, I just ordered her a bunch more!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 08:21 AM  
laurajhawk

Hey! I was just shopping online for masks and got frustrated by all the options, and came in here to my happy place ... voila, mask recommendations! Thank you all!
I have one homemade mask and a neck gaiter - I don't go out much, but we're in this for the long haul so I need at least one more, probably a handful. I'm shopping the Los Angeles page now!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 01:17 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauracat View Post
These are comfortable, have nose wires, and the elastics go all around your head:

https://losangelesapparel.net/produc...ck-cotton-mask
Thanks for the recommendation! I was able to order kid and adult sizes and they are perfect.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 04:48 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I apologize for the Off-Topic Post. It is health-related, though, I suppose, so there is that!

Anyway, I see a lot of ads on Facebook for some really cute masks, but I am so paranoid about purchasing from new-to-me websites, especially if I've never heard of the company before now. So...Does anyone have a reliable source for cute masks (to wear for daily health purposes)? I thought I would try to make do with a package of 10 disposable masks, but I guess we are now in this for the long haul (especially in Illinois), so I'd better get a couple of reusable ones now.

Thanks in advance,
Donna
i was just in Safeway last night, and i was amazed at the abundance of both reusable and disposable masks, and a huge variety of styles and brands. they're near the checkout stations. so although you had asked for an online source, consider going to the local supermarkets.

i bought a really nice one - it's polyester spandex. some people prefer cotton, some people prefer the type where you can insert a coffee filter to provide additional protection, some with ear loops, some that tie behind the head, and so on.

the one i bought is similar to this style:
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-...ld--P018979161

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 05:51 PM  
loulou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I heard an ad for these on the radio and ordered a few recently. I haven’t received them yet. I used the code Howie20 to get 20% off (don’t know if it still works).

https://boomernaturals.com/collectio...31682128838774

Here’s a description from their website.

We are receiving face masks in every day so if a style you like is currently out of stock please check back in a few days to order that specific face mask.

Boomer Naturals’ 30-Day face masks are ultra-soft with 92.2% anti-bacterial protection. Boomer face masks are carefully sewn to fully cover your nose and mouth with high quality materials that we guarantee to be comfortable, hypoallergenic, non-toxic, and suitable for all-day wear. Our soft, safe material is a 65% cotton/35% polyester blend that are made to prevent droplets from spreading with three different layers which include an inner hydrophilic layer, a middle filler layer, and an outer hydrophobic layer. Each mask may be worn and washed up to 30 times. We highly recommend washing these masks by hand with soap and water and letting air-dry.

Boomer masks are made in Vietnam and are tested and approved by the Vietnam Textile Research Institute and Textile Testing Center.

Did anyone who ordered from Boomer Naturals receive their order yet? When I saw this post I ordered a mask and hand sanitizer from them. Mostly I needed the hand sanitizer and theirs showed that it was made with isopropyl alcohol. Everything did show available since I ordered but haven't received anything from them but a confirmation back on May 7th.

Wondered if anyone had better luck? They don't respond to emails. I did get someone on the phone who said "it takes 10 business days" but that has come and gone.

The masks I have been using I found on Etsy. Haven't found anything I love though. I am thinking the Los Angeles Apparel with the straps that go around the head and the nose clip might be a really good option.
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, facial covering, mask, masks