Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-08-20, 08:19 AM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Has this happened to you?

I sent an SASE to someone for a Share the Wealth the first week of July. I never heard back. Her inbox is full. I sent an an email and it went unanswered. I am only out postage but just feel disappointed.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 08:58 AM  
sherry7899

If her inbox is full, you could start a new thread asking about it, or post asking about it in the share the wealth thread. I hope it works out.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 10:06 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Patrice, I am sorry to hear this happened to you. I tend to agree with Sherry, maybe post and ask about it, if you are sending messages and not getting a response.

It's hard to say what happened, maybe this person forgot or something came up to prevent them from sending the DVD out.

Good luck and I hope this is resolved.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 11:36 AM  
sherry7899

It is possible the package was mailed and has not been delivered yet. A book I ordered was mailed July 16th from Maryland. I live in NJ. The book just arrived yesterday! Mail is really slow lately.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 11:49 AM  
fanofladyvols

I do know as crazy as life is right now it could be something else going on?

But for me I sent out an SASE recently that stayed hung up in each of the two different distribution centers for DAYS. I think it took two full weeks for USPS to deliver it.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 12:50 PM  
Taiga

Sorry that you are left wondering. I will say that mail has been slower than snails.

I ordered the Phil Ross Kettlebell Library from Collage Video on 7/2. They didn't actually ship until 7/8/20. I chose free shipping, which turned out to be media mail with a projected delivery date of 7/24/20. It's 2 weeks past that date now and the USPS tracking says only "in transit, arriving late". I could have driven across country, picked it up and been back in less than half that time. Standard mail has been slow as well.
Old 08-08-20, 12:54 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
If her inbox is full, you could start a new thread asking about it, or post asking about it in the share the wealth thread. I hope it works out.
Yes, agree that’s a good idea!

I know our mail up here in Canada has been slow due to Covid distancing measures and employees in high risk groups off work.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 01:45 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Sorry that you are left wondering. I will say that mail has been slower than snails.

I ordered the Phil Ross Kettlebell Library from Collage Video on 7/2. They didn't actually ship until 7/8/20. I chose free shipping, which turned out to be media mail with a projected delivery date of 7/24/20. It's 2 weeks past that date now and the USPS tracking says only "in transit, arriving late". I could have driven across country, picked it up and been back in less than half that time. Standard mail has been slow as well.
I’ve had several lengthy delays and have discovered if I request the post office to do a lost mail search I receive the dvd within a couple of days or so. Here’s the link if you’re interested: https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm
Old 08-08-20, 03:16 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice View Post
I sent an SASE to someone for a Share the Wealth the first week of July. I never heard back. Her inbox is full. I sent an an email and it went unanswered. I am only out postage but just feel disappointed.

Patrice
i sent a PM to Wendy with a link to this thread.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 03:55 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I’ve had several lengthy delays and have discovered if I request the post office to do a lost mail search I receive the dvd within a couple of days or so. Here’s the link if you’re interested: https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm
Wow, Taiga

I think I'd follow Karla's advice.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
usps