Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-10, 01:53 PM  
Breezy Trousers

I asked Mark whether these are cut-and-paste (short, segmented) workouts ala Kettlebell Konnection, or if these were real-time 30-minute long workouts. Looks like the news is good. Here's his reply:

Unlike a lot of DVDs (we watched dozens of kettlebell dvds before making our own), we made ours extremely simple to follow, yet comprehensive enough to get you fantastic results.

For this reason, each of the six workouts are full-length, and include an instructor doing the workout with you while also coaching/encouraging you (along with another trainer in the background constantly demonstrating the exercises), no pausing/skipping/fast-forwarding necessary!

It even contains helpful kettlebell training and fitness tips during the 20-30 second breaks in between sets (along with a timer that counts down how much rest you have left).

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Mark de Grasse
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 12:25 PM  
jessicavi

I so don't want to get this but Mark is making it hard for me. I asked about whether the DVD has other/more advanced moves besides those listed above and he said:

They'll be variations of those exercises, but yes, nothing more advanced than that. Our next DVD, slated for the end of August 2010, will involve advanced kettlebell training and instruction. We wanted to get people started with the fundamentals before we released that one. Even so, I promise you that the MB45 Essentials DVD is still VERY difficult in terms of conditioning and intensity, and it will challenge even the most advanced kettlebell user.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 12:58 PM  
pharma_gal

Eagerly awaiting for reviews on this one!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 01:00 PM  
Breezy Trousers

He wrote that they spent a lot of time studying other kettlebell dvds to see what worked & what didn't. It was important to them to offer a reasonably-priced DVD, too, in view of the DVD prices currently being offered on the kettlebell market.

How cool is that? Can't wait to get mine!
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 04:48 PM  
gigi

This guy sounds too good to be true! I need short workouts right now and I've been neglecting my KB's. Maybe instead of saving up for Turbo Fire, I'll buy this DVD as it will suit my current schedule and budget. It's about time someone offered a reasonably priced KB DVD and this just sounds fanTABulous!!!
Old 06-22-10, 05:37 PM  
suegy3

This dvd sounds great! I'm looking forward to reviews.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 05:54 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
This guy sounds too good to be true! I need short workouts right now and I've been neglecting my KB's. Maybe instead of saving up for Turbo Fire, I'll buy this DVD as it will suit my current schedule and budget. It's about time someone offered a reasonably priced KB DVD and this just sounds fanTABulous!!!
that is what put me over the edge...i haven't used my kbs in a long time..
i thought these might fit the bill and get me back in the swing (hee hee)

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 06:39 PM  
fluffydogfan

I am smitten with this man. He is cute, does market research and uses good grammar and spelling. My heart flutters.

Katie
fluffydogfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 07:08 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydogfan View Post
I am smitten with this man. He is cute, does market research and uses good grammar and spelling. My heart flutters.

Katie
LOL! But I feel the same way!

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 05:12 AM  
kpieczy

Yiked, Like I need another kettlebell video.

Tags
dvd-r, kettlebell, kettlebell tutorial, marcus martinez, mark de grasse, mb45, mb45 essentials, mbody strength