Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-18-10, 08:22 PM  
kali1

Mark de Grasse MB45 Essentials Kettlebell DVD!!

Mark de Grasse of MBody Strength has a new Kettlebell DVD. Not only is this guy fun to look at but the workout looks killer! Here's the link.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 08:34 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

it looks like it has lots of potential... thanks for sharing!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 08:56 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

glamgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 09:39 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
He is definitely easy on the eyes However, he speaks a little too fast. I wish I knew more about this workout. I see him instructing a guy and then working out with the same guy...yet, he promises that men will get ripped and ladies will gain sleek muscles (not bulk). I wonder how he can promise different results based on the same workout? I guess what I am saying is that if he is going to promise two different physiques, I wish he had a female workout partner in the video doing modifiers or less weight / reps or whatever else it is that women would need to do differently to get the bulk-free results.
Women don't need to do anything differently, except maybe use a lighter kettlebell than the one men start with. Before Kettlenetics and other "lite" workouts were marketed, men and women did the same kettlebell exercises and both got great results.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 10:26 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

The link mentions a 6 week program. Does this mean there is more than one workout on this DVD? Is it a set of DVDs?

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 10:28 PM  
turbojunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
The link mentions a 6 week program. Does this mean there is more than one workout on this DVD? Is it a set of DVDs?

Leslie

It says there are six workouts - "The MB45 Essentials workout program includes essential kettlebell exercise instructionals, six killer follow-along workouts, a progressive workout schedule, and detailed workout program guidance."

http://www.mbodystrength.com/mbkewodvd.html <--- This link had a little more info.
turbojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 10:35 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Thanks for the other link Turbojunkie. This looks like a good deal assuming the workouts are decent. I may cave on this instead of the Bob Harper set.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 11:55 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojunkie View Post
It says there are six workouts - "The MB45 Essentials workout program includes essential kettlebell exercise instructionals, six killer follow-along workouts, a progressive workout schedule, and detailed workout program guidance."

http://www.mbodystrength.com/mbkewodvd.html <--- This link had a little more info.
But does the dvd have all the workouts or just the instructional?

They called the dvd instructional. I'm thinking the dvd just shows you how to do the moves and the workouts may be on paper, especially since he said there was also some sort of nutritional guide. Six thirty minute workouts plus instruction would be a lot to put on one dvd, especiallly for only thirty or forty dollars.

It would be nice, though.
Old 06-19-10, 12:19 AM  
turbojunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
But does the dvd have all the workouts or just the instructional?

They called the dvd instructional. I'm thinking the dvd just shows you how to do the moves and the workouts may be on paper, especially since he said there was also some sort of nutritional guide. Six thirty minute workouts plus instruction would be a lot to put on one dvd, especiallly for only thirty or forty dollars.

It would be nice, though.
I kind of wondered that myself, actually. Although KB Goddess was about the same price and has several workouts. I'm going to send an email and see what kind of response I get. I'll post it if they reply.
turbojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 12:30 AM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojunkie View Post
I kind of wondered that myself, actually. Although KB Goddess was about the same price and has several workouts. I'm going to send an email and see what kind of response I get. I'll post it if they reply.
Thanks for doing that
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd-r, kettlebell, kettlebell tutorial, marcus martinez, mark de grasse, mb45, mb45 essentials, mbody strength