Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-11-19, 11:53 AM  
Jules

Hit and Run Post!

I got in 2 BodyPumps and 1 BodyCombat this week. I hope to get back on track next week when I have more free time. I am joining a wellness group at work, so that should help keep me more accountable.

TGIF Everyone!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 04:45 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey Jules! Good workouts! You just can't go wrong with Les Mills!

Yesterday I did Peak 10 Challenge Cardio Strength 1. Yes that one is harder than 2 I think. I upped my weights a little and got a heck of a workouts.

Today I did Power Music Group Rx Boot #20. I have several of these and LOVE them! For the most part they are all bodyweight. Sometimes they uses weights. This one all bodyweight with good strength, cardio, balance, stretch. Not killer hard but definitely challenging and I was dripping sweat in a chilly basement. Love these!

It's snowing here.
Not supposed to stick but I'm not too happy. Too early for my taste.
Jules - you guys probably got a bunch??

Happy weekend!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 04:22 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Dang! Monday already?! The weekend went way too fast.

Still working on Peak 10 Challenge. Today I did Pure Strength 2 for the second time. I have discovered with Michelle's workouts that I just can't go very heavy. With these Pure Strength workouts, I can go a little heavier but there are still lots of reps and I am humbled when I have to stay lighter.
Do like this set! So far no dread. Now I'm working through everything a 2nd time then I'll move on.

Have a great week!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 10-15-19, 08:00 PM  
Jules

Kate - enjoy your new workouts!

I got called in to sub for 4th grade yesterday and there are some very challenging kids in that class. I was feeling stressed out when I got home, and watched the Packers vs Lions to relax... what a horrible game! The refs were awful!

I got called in to sub again this morning for 3rd grade. This class was much easier to handle, but I am mentally drained. I plan to relax with a puzzle game on my iPad tonight.

Also, I need to bring my car to the mechanic tomorrow after school. I really hope the horrific squealing noise coming from my front tire is just a rock stuck in the brake, as I live on gravel roads. My car is pretty old tho, so it could be something expensive.

I will most likely do a BodyPump in the morning. (Fingers crossed no early phone call!)
Old 10-17-19, 11:30 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules. Deep breath...relax! They're just kids! But I would recommend NOT watching the Packers for relaxation. ;-) Just sayin'. LOL
And sure hope there isn't anything bad with your car. My hubby had a tire blow out this week and we ended up having to get 4 new tires. $$$$$$$

So here's the rest of this week so far. Still having so much fun with these workouts. All of them, not just Michelle. The variety keeps me challenged and inspired. I really do look forward to working out every morning!

Tuesday was Peak 10 Challenge Pure Cardio. Basic but intense and I love this one. Some impact but not killer. Lots of sweat.

Yesterday I pulled out an oldie but I loved it back when I was into Kettlebells really big. I did the Michael Skogg at Home Phase 1 Power 1+2. So this set has two each Strength, Power and Conditioning workouts. About 30-45 minutes each.
Power was all very heavy bell work. Like only 3 reps on some exercises, which sounds pretty easy, but not with a HEAVY bell. There is some down time as Michael explains moves etc, but easy enough to FFd.
I'll work through the others over the next weeks. I also have his At Home Phase 2 also. I forgot how much I love Kbells.

Today I did Les Mills on Demand Body Combat 79. Whenever they put a new Combat up, I'll drop everything and add it to my rotation. Fantastic release! Great pumping tunes, lots of energy and amazing new moves. I had so much fun and it looked like everyone else was too. Can't get enough of these! Wish they'd release more often.

Happy Thursday!

Old 10-17-19, 04:48 PM  
Jules

Hey Kate - sorry about the tires. I hate buying those! My car is at the shop today; the screeching noise was from a wheel bearing gone kaput along with the CV joint sleeve needing replacement. I am also getting the oil changed and studded snow tires put on. It will cost some bucks, but I don't want to go shopping for a new car just yet. My daughter will be driving next year, and we are hoping she can use my car.

There's a new BodyCombat? Woo-Hoo!!! Off to check it out....
Old 10-18-19, 05:33 PM  
Jules

Just did BC 79. Fun workout! I thought it was pretty cardio-intensive. I loved the jump kicks and faux jump-roping. The music wasn't my favorite, but it went with the moves. Is this the first time they have filmed in Shanghai?
Old 10-21-19, 05:39 PM  
Jules

Just got my flu shot - I hope it works this year!

My daughter's volleyball season is over and my son played his last soccer game of the fall on Saturday. We are down to just boys basketball 4 days per week for the next 5 weeks - Yeah!

This morning, I did the 45 minute version of BodyPump 106. Good stuff! I see that the 45 minute 109 is now online - I might give it a go this week. I do plan to get back to a 3 day weight split schedule again - I will probably start by the end of the week.

Hope everyone is feeling well and working hard!
Old 10-22-19, 09:47 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey Jules! Sorry I've been a bit MIA. I get so busy I forget to check in.
Studded snow tires! I don't think we can have those here in MN but it would be great for plowing through our snow.
I loved Combat 79 too! The music was different but perfect for the moves. Yes I think this is the first one I've seen from Shanghai. It was packed!
I wish they would have more full length workouts. I see all the shorter BP109s are up so hopefully they'll also put up the full length workout too.

What do you think of Diana Archer Mills? I can't decide if I like her or not. One of the few instructors I haven't jived with on LM.

So catching up.
Friday was Peak 10 Challenge Anywhere, Anytime, No Excuse Workout + Core Dynamics. I did these two together before and it's perfect. The Anywhere workout is totally all bodyweight which so far I am doing on Fridays.
The core workout has some weighted stuff, some standing, some laying. Really good core workout.

Yesterday I did Cathe Live Upper Body Core Crush that I bought on her downloads sale. Excellent!! Pairs two body parts together and runs through each set twice. So chest/triceps, shoulders, back/biceps, core. I went heavy but there are lots of reps and fairly fast rep speed.
Core work was excellent using weight (10lb) and sliders.

Today I did Cathe Live Road Trip Legs + STS Ab Circuits No Equipment. Also purchased downloads. As usual for Cathe, a most excellent lower body workout! All different moves hitting legs and butt from all different angles. Five sets each repeated twice. Mixes dumbell work with sliders and loops. Lots of burn. I stayed pretty heavy and my legs feel like jello even now.
The core workout was excellent! I think I had these Ab Circuit workouts before but not sure. I love STS and this ab workout was fantastic. No stuff, just bodyweight hitting all parts of the abs. Cathe can be brutal with her core workouts. ;-)

So two excellent Cathe Live workouts. I don't know if I'll go back to subscribing later or just buy more downloads. I'm busy with what I have now, that's for sure.

Feeling great! Hope you all are too!

Old 10-22-19, 05:00 PM  
Jules

Howdy! I did Party Rockin' Step 2 this morning. I lowered my step from 8" to 6" and will probably keep it there for a while since I have not been stepping as much lately. My heart rate still got way up there.

Kate- those Cathe Lives sound awesome! I am sure I will subscribe again some time for a month or two - maybe in the spring. It has been a while since I subscribed. I have been busy with Les Mills and Studio Sweat.

I agree those Ab Circuits workouts are brutal! They are extra long and effective. I like No Equipment and Weights & Plates best.

I have no problem with Diana Archer Mills. She is now the Creative Director of BodyPump, so I am pretty sure she chooses all the music. I have noticed that when Glen says "Thanks Diana" at the end of the workouts, the response from the participants is rather weak. I wonder if she isn't well-liked or respected at the studio? It could be that folks don't feel she is qualified to lead, and only got to be on stage because of nepotism. I think she does a fine job, though.

Gotta run and watch my son's b-ball game!