Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-04-19, 09:57 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Jessica Valant: Pilates for Legs
Jessica Valant: Short Arm Workout w/Weights

My cats seem better, thanks!

Donna, I hope your dog feels better! I skipped Jessica's traditional leg workout today and did the Pilates one instead.

Cheri, I thought it was interesting that you felt Lisa mixed yoga in with her workouts because I have always felt she's the only Pilates instructor I have ever tried that didn't do any type of yoga moves. I'm not familiar with all the moves in yoga though since I don't do it, so maybe I'm wrong.

Carol, I am noticing more that I can't do much on my wrists like I used to. Even today's leg workout was a bit too wrist intensive.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 10:00 AM  
cherimac

PN Pilates for Self Love. I adore all the twists and side body and hip work. Wonderful Friday start!

Carol~oh, yeah, Tracy never cued, haha. And I loved that workout of Smriti's but it is a lot of time on the wrists. That's why I stopped doing Lisa and TA~all the all 4s work on the hands and knees.

Cheryl~glad you liked it! I'm also named Cheryl but go by a nickname, Cheri(pronounced Sherry. Weird 60s thing, haha).

Christine~yay for kitties getting better!

Waves to Donna and Brenda.
Old 10-04-19, 01:24 PM  
cherimac

Christine-probably yoga isn’t the best description. More TA SBF Jane Fonda. I know Pilates moves that look like yoga moves but they have a different name, breathing pattern, and flow.
Old 10-04-19, 03:34 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Christine-probably yoga isn’t the best description. More TA SBF Jane Fonda. I know Pilates moves that look like yoga moves but they have a different name, breathing pattern, and flow.
I see, yes definitely TA/Jane Fonda!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 10-05-19, 06:46 AM  
donnamp

Everyone,

Today was cardio:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America - Mt Rushmore (this is only 16 min)
Jessica Smith - Quick Low Impact Cardio Blast (12 min)
Jessica - Fusion Fix - 15 min pratice

I really enjoyed re-visiting Jessica and Jenny today.

My mom is doing better and it is a relief. She has surprised me by joining in on things! My dad, unfortunately, had a setback. He has pneumonia - he has very bad lungs from years of smoking. But, it sounds like it is not too serious as they are keeping him at rehab instead of sending him to the hospital. His wife has her hands full though. I feel bad for her.....

Waves,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 09:40 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were more about just moving around - no pilates in the evening because I wasn't feeling well and just decided to skip the workout and go to bed.

AM and PM Dog Walks - totaling 40 minutes;
Stationary Bike - 30 minutes

Donna - so glad your mom is exceeding your expectations! And sorry your dad has had a bit of a setback!

Christine - glad your cats are doing better!

Cheri - I'm amazed at how many instructors just don't consider that being on the hands and knees for extended periods of time might not be feasible for some of us (Tracy, I'm thinking of you).

Happy Saturday ~

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 10:17 AM  
Elle K

Hey all.. Did a new lower body one with the stability ball with Pilates by Lisa yesterday. A lot done and felt in 17 minutes..

This morning a girlfriend and I walked 5k for Preventions Virtual 5k day.. fun and easy but chilly.

Getting ready for my youngest son's friends birthday party with a nap.. parties catching up on me.

So interested in Smriti..thanks
Elle K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 12:18 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, 👋

I had a good day today. I say it was good because I did new exercises for me. These woman must have rocks for abs I tell you.

I did 2 Abs sections on different DVDs. Both 10 minute solution, and both were different.

I shoud make this my goal, to be able to finish and do all the exercises in the ab sections.

I don't know why when I do abs with pilates, I don't wake up sore.. I think it's because they don't beat you with too many rediculous reps.

You can do more when you change up the exercise. I'm just happy to also have completed a week of Pilates with 2 days offand a day of movements for an hour.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 12:43 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Pilates Nest: Short & Sweet Pilates

Cheryl, good for you!

Carol, thanks! I hope you feel better.

Donna, yay for your mom!! I'm sorry about your dad's set back, but glad it's under control. How is your dog?

Elle, it was very cold here this morning, in the 30's.

Waves!

Old 10-05-19, 10:04 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts:

Dog Walk - 40 minutes;
Cathe - Fit Tower - Slim & Trim (Beginner Workout) - 35 minutes;
Dog Walk - 35 minutes

I really like the three workouts that came with Cathe's Fit Tower - I wish she would make more shorter workouts like these that aren't puke in a bucket workouts.

Elle Walking the Prevention 5k sounds like fun and that new Lisa workout with the stability ball looks really hard.

Christine - thanks! I'm over the flu shot soreness/headache/etc.

Cheryl - good job on completing your week.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
feeling pretty remarkable