Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-12-19, 01:57 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I saw that Katherine Morgan has been picked up by the Miami ballet. I'm so happy for her! If you haven't been following her story, she was a soloist with the NYCB company and had to retire as I understand it because she developed weight gain and hair loss, later diagnosed as Hashimoto's disease. I remember reading her blog as she was searching for answers and felt so badly for the way she was treated. Sherri, I thought you would find that story very interesting! Apparently, she has the condition under control now and is getting back to her passion performing as a soloist.

Oh Chrys, I'm sorry you are having ENT problems. I bet with your job there is so much stress and it wears on you. I know that I don't feel as well as I used to now that I'm working such long hours and sitting all day. It's really done a number on my metabolism.

Thinking on my workouts today, I really don't like to work an hour with just one instructor anymore. I used to, but maybe now I get bored quickly? I'm thinking about pulling in Margaret Richard 25 minute weight workouts with barre3 for awhile, and then mixing in Cathe Live along with walking. I need to work through some of the Cathe Lives because some of them are really hard and too much cardio mixed in for me.

Sherry, I love your workout!

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-19, 06:01 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Hi all, today was:
FitPrime G-Force 2

Chrys- Sorry about your nose bleeding I can't believe you have already had a blizzard It is hard when our parents are aging

Beth- That is a wonderful story about Katherine Morgan. It is good that she was finally diagnosed and treated. I don't always like to do an hour long workout either. Most of the time, I string together shorter workouts. I have actually lost a bit of weight since I got my new dog. I have to walk her more, she is much younger than Bruiser was, and likes to take longer walks, so I am getting in a lot of steps these days

Have a great day everyone!
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-19, 09:57 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday everyone!

Sherry, I think it's so sad that Katherine had to see so many doctors to get a diagnosis, 7, I think. It goes to show that women with endocrine and hormone disorders still have to work very hard to be taken seriously. One doctor said he didn't see a problem with her rapid weight gain? I miss those days when family doctors knew the entire family medical history, up to a few generations.

I think today I'm going to take a long walk, then pull out Margaret unplugged followed by a short barre3.

~Beth
Old 10-14-19, 06:10 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Hi all, today I did:
WOW Pumpkin Spicy World
TBL~ Back to the Mat Day 6: Perfect Posture
10 MS Tone Trouble Zones:
Arm & Shoulder Sculpt
10 Minute Stretch

Beth- I agree, it seems that Women are either misdiagnosed, or symptoms are overlooked for different issues. I have read articles about women going into the ER with a heart attack and being misdiagnosed Very worrisome
I have Margaret Richards Unplugged 1900 series, and I have been thinking of pulling that out soon...

Sherry
Old 10-14-19, 10:13 AM  
sbh

Hello ladies! I am posting last weeks workouts:

S-dog walk
M-dog walk & JS Barefoot Fusion Sculpt (YT)
T-dog walk & Lazy Dancer Classic Mini Ballet Barre & Center Work Follow Along
W-dog walk & Anges Intermediate Swiss Ball
T-dog walk & Pahla B Weights
F-nada

Hopefully I can do 5 workouts this week. It is so hit and miss right now....

Beth - I have been following Katherine for the last 4 years. I really miss her adult ballet classes on Powhow. I still don't know why Powhow up and disappeared so quickly. Luckily, I downloaded and burned to dvd all those classes except the last few she posted. I am so happy she is healthy and back to doing what she loves.

Sherry - That RV sounds great. We have seriously been considering leaving CA. At our age that would be quite a move. It is so hard to consider somewhere else. The weather here is great and our family and friends are here. Ugh!
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 10:20 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Very nice workouts!

Today I tried something I had read about from a few years ago on VF. I combined MR Beauty to the Bone 1A with barre3 30 minute cardio. I stopped each one every 10 minutes and went back and forth between the two of them until they were completed. My heart rate stayed in the fat-burning zone but I didn't feel wiped out.

Tomorrow I plan to do 1B and pull in another 30 minute cardio. I really like Lazy Dancer on YouTube so that might be a good choice.

I'm not too happy with barre3's new look they rolled out. It's difficult to filter and find what you are looking for.

~Beth
Old 10-15-19, 06:52 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Good morning, today I did:
15-Min Bellicon Workout (youtube)
TBL~ Strength & Mobility
10MS Tone Trouble Zones~ Butt & Thigh Blaster

Sherri- DH and I want to move to Mississippi. We had a 2nd house there for about 10 years, but we recently sold it. Two houses was just too much. We are now considering selling this one and moving back there. We have family here though, like you said, it is hard...
Very nice week of workouts!

Beth- That was a creative workout! I hate it when the streaming workout platforms change. The Balanced Life has recently announced that there are changes coming to the website. I hope it doesn't complicate finding the workouts...

Sherry
Old 10-16-19, 06:57 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Hi all, today I did:
Leslie Sansone Walk Off Fat Fast~ 40 Minute Walk
TBL~ Back to the Mat Day 7: Full Body Flow

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Sherry
Old 10-16-19, 07:51 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I've spent since last Thursday feeling like I was punched in the face. The Dr. scoped my sinuses yesterday, and couldn't find anything so I have to rinse them with an antibiotic solution. I'm slowly having less pain. Today was the psat test, so I got 10,000 steps at work. I will be back to workouts - maybe not tomorrow, because it's DH's retirement reception and my parents will be here.
Sherry, great workouts! We also want to move in a few years - closer to the grandgirlies!
Beth, I like your idea of mixing up instructors rather than doing an hour of one.
Sherri, it would be hard to leave CA, especially if you have a house there. Our daughter left there because she knew she would never be able to afford a house.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-19, 10:12 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Yesterday I did Beauty to the Bone 1B and pulled in some cardio from Lazy Dancer YouTube. I will probably cancel barre3; their new website is very annoying and they removed all my old favorites.

Oh Chrys, that sounds painful. I hope you feel better soon.

~Beth