Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-19, 04:19 PM  
Lannette

Interestingly enough I did the new DVD again today and it was a different experience. For me, it’s quite different than previous DVDs and not just because of the lack of real chaptering and the Matrix. That doesn’t make it bad, just different.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 12:48 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hello and happy Saturday! I needed some stress relieving gentle cardio the other day and programmed a matrix from Cardio Stretch & Strengthen of just dance and relaxation.

Lannette that sounds like a great deal for Maya's set. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of them. How annoying that R&A customer service messed up your address, leading to the delay. It would be nice if it had been chaptered properly.

April, I do that exact matrix from Fat Free! That and an AM matrix from AM/PM are what I usually do if Kundalini calls to me in the early morning.

Oh, about Ravi and the "sex organs," it seems like my DH walks by every time. I wish Ravi would just say "apply mula bandha."

Hello to Carolyn, Gale and anyone who visits!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 07:53 PM  
YogaGal

Glad to hear that many of you have received the new RaviAna dvd. I'll be ordering it from amazon when it is available.

Last Wednesday morning a sciatica problem popped up. I have no idea what caused it, but I am doing mainly yoga to help it heal. I did So Long Sciatica a few times last week. I'm skipping any lower body workouts and modifying anything that doesn't feel right, but doing a little easy walking cardio and seated upper body workouts.

Today I did a Jessica Smith Walk and Talk youtube workout about Releasing Stress & Tension followed by Nerve Strength & Core Power Yoga from RaviAna's Yoga for Beginnners & Beyond. This dvd was recommended on RaviAna's Sciatica page. (I tried to link to it, but it isn't loading now.)

I welcome anyone's recommendations on yoga for sciatica; I saw a couple on youtube that I might try.

Work is still busy, but hopefully I can pop in again soon! Waves to all!
Old 10-15-19, 11:34 AM  
panda12267

Hello, I hate to interrupt, but may I join this check-in?

I have been lurking for a while, and I think found out about Kundalini originally from VF! I love Ravi and Ana, Nirvair, and Maya (which I don't use as much as I probably should). Just found out I am lucky enough to have live classes less than 15 minutes from my home, so I have gone for the last three weeks, and enjoyed them immensely (although boy, was I sore!)

My three desert island DVDs are: Beginners and Beyond, Fat Free, and Dance the Chakras. I also just received the new one (first time purchasing one of their DVDs from them and not from Amazon!) and look forward to trying it this weekend.

I look forward to talking all things Kundalini!

Amanda
panda12267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 02:42 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Welcome Amanda, please join us! Let us know how you like the new one.

Carolyn, I'm sorry to hear of your sciatica. I have had a lot of luck with Sarah Beth Yoga. Here is a sampling, I hope you find something that helps:

Sarah Beth Yoga Sciatica

I vow to do some Kundalini after work. I really need a boost!

Hello to April and Lannette and anyone who visits.
Old 10-15-19, 07:30 PM  
YogaGal

Welcome to our check-in Amanda! We are happy for you to be on board. My three desert island DVDs are: RaviAna’s Quick Fixes, House Call, and Beginners and Beyond (Blond Ana). I’m also a fan of Beauty Body and Fat Free in their entirety, and I love the long warmup on Happy Hormones and the meditation on Green Energy.

Pat: Thank you so much for the link to the Sarah Beth videos; yesterday I found the one from Adriene that pops up in that list, but all of the ones from Sarah Beth look great too! Also, looks like Raviana.com is working again today, so here is the link I tried to post yesterday.

Today I did Hips and Hamstrings and Hips and Lower Back from Yoga for Beginners and Beyond.

Waves to everyone!
Old 10-16-19, 07:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Carolyn I forgot all about Ravi and Ana's Health Archives link. I wish they would add more content to it. Good luck with the sciatica.

As promised I hit the mat for KY last night. I chose Maya Fiennes for a change, Yoga for Real Beauty. It wasn't a good fit only because I was time constrained and had sore arms from Pilates on the reformer. It's a truly beautiful routine with perfect music to get you in the zone. You need to set aside a full hour and gear your mind to not think of what needs to get done right afterward. It has a lot of arm pumping and circles to generate the lymph, I suspect, and a nice technique of massaging the cheekbones with your thumbs that I can incorporate at the office.

to your day everyone!
Old 10-17-19, 03:46 PM  
amg

I finally have some Kundalini Yoga to report after being sick for the past week. Today was Yoga Beauty Body - modified some and just took breaks when needed. Hopefully, I will get back to my normal energy level soon but it was nice to get some KY in today.

Welcome Amanda!!! I would love to hear about your live classes.

Carolyn - I hope your sciatica has calmed down. I used yin yoga poses to help with mine a couple of years ago.

Pat - I gave away Maya's Yoga for Real Beauty when I thought I was done with KY. Of course, your post made me want to reacquire it. LOL. I am going to check amazon and thrift books for it now.

Lannette - While I wasn't feeling well, I looked through your blog. I enjoyed it. Thanks for listing all the exercises and times on each Ravi and Ana dvd! I cut out the descriptions and put them in the front of the dvd cases.
Old 10-17-19, 07:36 PM  
YogaGal

I’ve been doing youtube yoga practices the past couple of days. I did Sarah Beth’s 30-minute Yoga for Sciatica on Wednesday morning and her 10-minute Legs up the Wall (for Sciatica) before bed. This morning I did Brett Larkin’s 15-minute Yoga for Sciatica. It’s nice to have some good options for yoga as I am healing.

Pat: Thanks again for the yoga for sciatica links! Glad you got in some KY even if it wasn’t the best fit for your time frame. I love Maya’s voice.

April: Sorry to hear that you were sick, but I’m glad you are feeling better now. Yoga is a good way to ease back into physical activity. Thanks for the tips on yin yoga poses. The Sarah Beth practices do hold poses long enough for you to relax into them (or scream to get out of, !)
Old 10-21-19, 07:26 AM  
Lannette

Hello to everyone! We just returned home after being away for 5 days. We took our Yoga mats and I had some downloads on my phone so we were able to “keep up” with our KY. We also walked and walked, which was nice.

I tried the first of Maya’s Mantra Practices “Be Happy” before we left. It was a nice gentle 30 minute practice followed by 25 minutes of chanting, no deep relaxation or final prayer just a background long Sat, brief Nam. I really liked the practice enough that I’ll do it again and probably shorten the chanting to 11 minutes, use what remains for deep relaxation and do my own final prayer.

I haven’t been able to do any of the other practices yet. I’m curious as to whether or not they’ll follow the same pattern.

April: I’m glad that you found my blog helpful. I hope you’re feeling back to normal.

Carolyn, I’m hoping your back is better.

Pat, I really like that Maya Fiennes practice but like you need to plan for the time so I can enjoy right until the last minute.

Amanda: Which Nirvair DVDs do you most enjoy? I recently finally tried his weight loss DVD, which can also be used for releasing. I’m quite hooked on it and his gentle persona.

This check in is growing! Hope I didn’t miss anyone.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote