Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-19, 10:43 AM  
Vantreesta

This morning was a 10 minute rowing workout, 2 mile run intervals on the tm and Blissology Tuesday quickie. It's been pouring off and on since overnight and we haven't walked yet. Cyric has a private training session today to see if she can help with his reactivity, particularly to glares/reflections off glass and metal. The second he sees one he goes over threshold so I have no idea how to work on desensitization to it. I think he needs meds for OCD but hubby doesn't.

Happy birthday, buff!

Sandy, the pie is a little disappointing to me. It's still good but I think these apples would be better for apple crisp than pie.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 12:03 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Sandy, the pie is a little disappointing to me. It's still good but I think these apples would be better for apple crisp than pie.
I wondered about that. I didn't think Honeycrisps were baking apples. I'm a fan of tart apples for baking.

I decided on Jillian for my weights next. Somehow I like her workouts enough to get over the fact she's in them.

buff, the list of PT exercises is pretty long, so you're doing more than any one day of Cassey. Enjoy the good rolling out you get. I don't remember getting rolled, but he used an ultrasound machine on my shoulder to help recovery.

Sandy O
Old 10-02-19, 11:25 AM  
buffmama

I canceled PT this AM since I really only want to go once a week and am doing the exercises at home. I went high impact for Fem Fusion cardio this AM and felt OK for the 15 min and afterwards. Sydney's Glider workout was a lot of fun yesterday. Most of the workouts I've been doing just happen to have the right moves and lots of single leg moves which are important. Still it might be time to get with a program for mental reasons as well as physical - 21 day fix extreme? LITE? Not sure. I found a bunch of glider workouts and just think those are fun. Thinking about a short run this weekend. Thought about a marathon in May but long runs in the cold weather prior aren't particularly motivating to me. Thinking more about next fall and doing the races I would need to sign up for NY. It's all just 'talk' at this point.

I skipped making an apple pie and went right to pumpkin pecan! I did make apple fritters in my air fryer but those were a fraction of the work.
Old 10-02-19, 12:19 PM  
Vantreesta

I googled best apples for pie and honeycrisp was on a few lists so I figured I'd go for it. The pie really is good, I just prefer a softer consistency, I guess, less firm after baked.

Sadly Chianna's rally didn't last. We lost her yesterday. I am heartbroken and lost without my sweet baby girl.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-03-19, 07:59 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I googled best apples for pie and honeycrisp was on a few lists so I figured I'd go for it. The pie really is good, I just prefer a softer consistency, I guess, less firm after baked.

I always associate Honeycrisp with eating because of the sweet crisp, expensive apple. I think of cheap, softer, tart apples for baking.

Sadly Chianna's rally didn't last. We lost her yesterday. I am heartbroken and lost without my sweet baby girl.

I'm sorry for your loss, but now you have even more time to devote to Cyric.
Sandy O
Old 10-03-19, 09:18 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Sandy. I'm glad she's not hurting anymore but I sure am.

Old 10-04-19, 10:08 AM  
buffmama

Vannie - I'm so sorry for your loss. Our fur babies bring so much love and joy into our lives, reminding us of all that's right in the world.

Sandy - I love your apple explanation. That's very much how I approach it.
Old 10-04-19, 10:57 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, buff. She definitely made my world a better place. I need to be a little careful bc I'm now smothering Cyric with all my attention. He's already a needy boy so I don't want to create separation anxiety for him. I just can't help myself wanting to hug him all the time now.

Old 10-05-19, 01:04 PM  
Vantreesta

I laid out a schedule through the race day and chose the workouts for each day. Hopefully that will help keep me on track. It's not looking promising to get in any trail runs before then with all the rain.

Old 10-06-19, 03:12 PM  
buffmama

Lost the running momentum. Thinking about doing some of Bret Contreras's workouts and Strong Curves next. I requested it from the library and found PDFs online. I modified my PT based on his stuff and will keep working with it. I'm thinking weak glutes probably caused/contributed to my pelvic floor and knees issues. I feel glute bridges in my hammies. Worked on hip thrusts today - those I felt in my glutes. Also trying to modify the bridges to feel my glutes - elevated feet didn't do much, toes up - no difference. Tomorrow I can try feet on a wall with knees bent at 90 degrees. Popping a DVD in and pushing go is sooo much easier.