Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-08-19, 10:16 AM  
Rhonda

Kettlebell Training

I am thinking about doing a kettlebell training routine along with my walking/jogging and kickboxing.

I want to do something different and haven't done kettlebells in a while.

Just seeing if anyone else out there still does kettlebells. I just need to decide what DVDs I want to do.

I have Laurens, RKS, and some other ones. What I am thinking is doing my cardio in the morning and then do a 20 minute or so KB workout in the evening 3-4 times a week.

I am looking to tone up.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 11:03 AM  
upperwside

Private gym in YouTube has an amazing free kettlebell series right now. It's amazing! If you sign up for his channel, you will get sent the workouts each week.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KZLrklIGqtw
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 02:48 PM  
aliskina

I still like Skogg. My favorite Level 4 Flow is around 25 min. Lauren is great too, but tends to mix KB with cardio, while Skogg is pure KB
aliskina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 05:43 AM  
Rhonda

Thanks. I looked at the youtube clip and sorry but I can't stand to see male instructors in spandex. I don't know why it just drives me nuts. So unfortunately i won't be doing this no matter how good it can be.

I pulled out my RKS and probably will do this. I thought skogg was on the dull side when I did it years ago and I don't have it anymore. I may have to look at it again and see if it is something to try.

I tried Lauren's sexy strength last night and I don't know how I feel about it. I seemed to move really slow but you can lift heavy that way, but the exercises didn't feel very KBish to me. The get ups were and the swings. But the rest of the exercises I can do with regular dumbbells.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 08:35 AM  
wendug

Have you tried Paul Katami's Kettlebell workouts? I think he is a fantastic instructor. Here's one of his kettlebell workouts on YouTube-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0GCFYIweY4
Old 04-09-19, 09:12 AM  
aliskina

Rhonda - too funny about Skogg and spandex! I've been doing his videos for years and didn't pay attention till now! I don't think he is wearing spandex in his streaming videos, maybe he does on DVD to better teach hips movements and hinges.
aliskina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 11:38 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Big fan of Lauren Brooks here. My favorites are Vol 1, Vol 2 and Kettlebell Incinerator. There are options on all of those for 15-25 minute segments so lots of choices there to get some strength and endurance training into the mix with regular cardio on the side Shut Up & Train has easier 15 min (I think) segments and Kettlebell Lightning has upper/lower/core splits. I have Luscious & Lean and Sexy Strength too but tend to do those in entirety so have to dedicate 45-50 mins for each of 'em.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 11:31 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I'm a huge Skogg fan too but I also really like Art of Strength. I'm working through them right now in fact. Lots of good form pointers.

Lauren is just plain fun and she's so cute.

If you want HARD, try Keith Weber's Extreme Kettlebell dvds. https://weberphysiotherapy.ca/kettlebells
Tough but he is GOOD LOOKING!!! His "form" is amazing! Seriously, very hard but good kettlebell workouts.

I also have a few Steve Cotter kbell workouts. Very basic again but great form and will challenge you!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 11:50 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I actually just started using mine again a few weeks ago. I prefer more hardstyle training; I don't like super-fast KB work with light bells.

My favorite KB video is a little-known one called Kettlebells for the Busy Professional. It has 3 segments that can be mixed and matched. I also have Anthony's KB Way Vol 1, Kettlebell Goddess, Amy Bento's K2, and KCM's Strength & Stamina.

I have to gear myself up for KBs b/c they are TOUGH! Even if I don't do a workout, I'm trying to do just a minute or so of swings a couple of times a week.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 11:51 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
Private gym in YouTube has an amazing free kettlebell series right now. It's amazing! If you sign up for his channel, you will get sent the workouts each week.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KZLrklIGqtw
I checked this out...I could get past the Spandex (although it is tough!) but didn't like the way that the instructor is basically yelling out commands.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, kettlebell workouts, kettlebells