Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-27-18, 01:52 PM  
daisymae

What's so great about Season 8

Classical Stretch? It seems to be a favorite and I am wondering what other reasons there are other than that Miranda is more polished in her delivery and that the production is better. Enable me!
daisymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-18, 02:08 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I think Miranda makes the most of her time onscreen...the workouts tend to go right up to the music playing in the background. I find a lot of the Season 8 episodes more challenging also. It's a quicker pace than the more recent Season 11 and 12.

I think it's the last season that Miranda is joined by Sahra and Brendan.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-18, 03:29 PM  
BunnyHop

All I know is that I broke the first disc in my season 8 set and simply had to replace it. Could not do without it.

I guess I just like the tempo and tone? Somehow there's less dread factor, but I couldn't say why.

(Sometimes when Miranda's all cheery about doing way too much thigh work I just can't stand it.)
Old 12-27-18, 05:25 PM  
DCW

I think it is an all over good representation of Classical Stretch.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-18, 09:37 AM  
daisymae

Thanks ladies! I did order season 8 along with Class of 2012 and BSS2. I have had my eye on those for awhile now and had some Christmas money to spend so hopefully I will like them!
daisymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-18, 03:34 PM  
Tugger31

Tell me a bit more about Classical Stretch. Are all the seasons just stretching if so, how do things stay fresh and not the same thing from season to season? I'm considering a CS dvd for a family member. I don't know much about it at all other than general talk on VF. Thanks.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-18, 08:39 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Tell me a bit more about Classical Stretch. Are all the seasons just stretching if so, how do things stay fresh and not the same thing from season to season? I'm considering a CS dvd for a family member. I don't know much about it at all other than general talk on VF. Thanks.
Simultaneous stretching and strengthening. Total body workout. Gentle movement in all directions. Roots in Tai Chi, physical therapy, and Miranda's ballet influence (arms elevating away from core). Very feel good....decompressing for bones, fascia and muscles.

Amazingly, the seasons vary and continue to evolve with Miranda's theories and research. Essentrics is bringing in new instructors that have their own "take" on the method and their own unique cuuing/delivery.

The streaming membership (ETV) is wonderful and Essentrics is making it a priority to add new, fresh workouts on a regular basis.

essentrics.com
jackiebadger.com

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 12-29-18, 09:27 PM  
DCW

Jackie has given an excellent description.

I only do CS/Essentrics dvds. I do it about 6 to 7 days a week. So, it is the backbone of my home exercise routine. I keep doing it because it is the small things that I notice. My balance is better, my flexibility is improved. I can reach and move better. I recover faster and better from my boot camp classes.

If you are buying it as a gift, the streaming services would allow the person to pick and choose a wide variety of workouts. The Essentrics site has streaming services for 3 months for $44. Tonight is the last day for the Essentrics sale.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-18, 06:51 AM  
Tugger31

This would be for my mother in law and streaming would be a nightmare for her lol! Thanks for the info.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-18, 09:11 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
This would be for my mother in law and streaming would be a nightmare for her lol! Thanks for the info.
How is her fitness level? Season 12, Forever Painless, or the Connective Tissue workouts are good, gentle places for beginners to start.

Tags
classical stretch, miranda esmonde-white, season 8