Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-21-18, 12:11 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I did Feel Good Fusion with the ballerinas this morning. They both smiled for a second the two times Ellen referred to them as ballerinas. Another issue I have with this is that she is almost always off beat - or keeps going on and off. I look away, come back and she’s in a different position than I am - and I’ve been doing the same thing she’s doing. I yanked it at 21 minutes instead of going the full 30. I think there must br something I like about this DVD because it’s still on my shelf. Maybe it’s the Zen Stretch.

Jackie, I actually edited my post after first typing “teenage ballerinas.”
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-18, 12:18 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I did Feel Good Fusion with the ballerinas this morning. They both smiled for a second the two times Ellen referred to them as ballerinas. Another issue I have with this is that she is almost always off beat - or keeps going on and off. I look away, come back and she’s in a different position than I am - and I’ve been doing the same thing she’s doing. I yanked it at 21 minutes instead of going the full 30. I think there must br something I like about this DVD because it’s still on my shelf. Maybe it’s the Zen Stretch.

Jackie, I actually edited my post after first typing “teenage ballerinas.”
LOL.

I don't think it is just the ballerinas...I think the workouts are just sort of meh. I will admit I occasionally do the short "Zen Sculpt" or whatever the short weights workout is.

I love Ellen's workouts though and I'm glad she's coming up with new material. Her background exercisers are smiley and fit, too. Michelle is featured in a few of the new workouts.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-18, 12:34 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I don't like the seven day dvd either ,but some reason I still have it in my collection. The background exercisers looked like they were having root canal done
A good description Sherry!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-19, 04:26 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
Sleek Side Body (15minutes)
Stretch 360 (15 minutes)
Dancing Barefoot (30minutes)
Quick Tone (15minutes)
Lifted & Lean (30 min)

Here are the titles she's added since the 7 day challenge. The only one I didn't care for was Dancing Barefoot, and since I only did it once I don't remember why.
finally caved for the free trial and already had most of her dvd and vhs.
added to the above new streaming routines:
Walk Refresh (20min)
Moving for Beauty (30min)

So far I just did Walk Refresh which was pretty good and Stretch 360 which felt really good and will probably try whatever interests me within the week of the free trial.
However, I do not think enough new content is added to keep the subscription for myself since I do most routines just once.
Maybe in a few months I'll try a month for new content.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 03:09 PM  
Lori_Michigan

OLD THREAD ALERT!

I couldn't find any recent threads about Ellen's streaming workouts, so I thought I'd revisit this one.

I have been doing Ellen's streaming workouts now for about six weeks now, and I usually LOVE her workouts. I try to follow her posted rotation for the week when I can. I have really been able to work on regaining my range of motion and stamina.

So today I tried the new Dynamic Cardio that was just posted. Wow, I was so disappointed in this one! Very boring, bad music, extremely repetitive, no trademark Ellen moves, and don't get me started on the background exerciser on the right (the blonde, Kim?). Did Ellen just ask someone off the street to do this one? I mean, come on, she couldn't get the basic choreography and was rarely on the right foot. What a dud of a workout for March unfortunately...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 06:17 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Lori, you are a mind reader!

I could have written your review of Dynamic Cardio word for word. I suffered through 20 minutes of it this morning.

ETA: Looks like the same background exercisers in the April workout, Cardio Core. I’ll have to learn to look away.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 10:54 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Lori, you are a mind reader!

I could have written your review of Dynamic Cardio word for word. I suffered through 20 minutes of it this morning.

ETA: Looks like the same background exercisers in the April workout, Cardio Core. I’ll have to learn to look away.
Quite a compliment from the queen of "Joni O'ing" herself!

I nearly shut it off, but I thought heck I'm paying for this I should finish it. I really don't know what Ellen was thinking with this one, and even she seemed like she had to force herself to get through it. Her hair really looked good though!

There's another background exerciser in some others (Frankie maybe?) who is also way off with bad form. I sure do love the ones with Michelle, who is always a great modifier.
Old 05-01-20, 11:11 AM  
Lori_Michigan

The new 30-minute "Powerful Presence" with Natalie is up in the 30 minute tab. This is what I wanted "Dynamic Cardio" to be! WOW, this one is challenging but very good and thought out well. Tougher than anything else I've done on Ellen's streaming. Very sweaty after! (It does have the one background gal who is perpetually off cue though, the blonde on the right side of the screen.)
Old 05-01-20, 07:25 PM  
VainJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
The new 30-minute "Powerful Presence" with Natalie is up in the 30 minute tab. This is what I wanted "Dynamic Cardio" to be! WOW, this one is challenging but very good and thought out well. Tougher than anything else I've done on Ellen's streaming. Very sweaty after! (It does have the one background gal who is perpetually off cue though, the blonde on the right side of the screen.)
That sounds great, I'll try it tonight! I mostly use Ellen's streaming for the 45-minute Studio workouts (Fat Burning Fusion, Power Fusion, and Barefoot Cardio are my favorites), but sometimes do her newer 30-minute ones if I'm feeling tired and/or want a shorter workout (I like Barre Conditioning, Moving For Beauty, and Lifted & Lean). I've been doing a lot Magic Circle pilates this week that I'm still a little sore from, so I'm not really up for one of the Studio workouts tonight. Was going to do Barre Conditioning but not super excited about it, so it's great that there's a new workout to try.
VainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 04:15 PM  
Lori_Michigan

The new "Kick Butt" is up -- but you have to go to the 20 min tab to find it. It was really glute focused (duh!) and I can already feel it. I had done a Tracie Long workout before that one, so I was already warmed up, but it kind of lacks a warm up fyi.

Also, who edits these?! Why do they always focus on a backgrounder who is off cue? The blonde on the right (Kim, I think?) is in this one too, but she's actually more on cue in this one than the other workouts that she's in.

Also, bravo to Ellen for wearing a sports bra top with her midriff showing! I'm so jealous!

Tags
7 day workout challenge, ellen barrett, ellen barrett streaming