Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-18-17, 11:21 AM  
SuzieC

Which Callanetics book?

Hi all!
I'm currently doing the Callanetics 30-day countdown DVD and I'm surprised by how much I love it! I'm thinking I will sign up for the streaming when I finish the 30 days. This is my very first time trying Callanetics.

I just finished level 2 (the first 15 days) and would like to get one of the Callanetics book to get some form pointers so I can start to work on perfecting my form.
Any suggestions as to which one I should get?
Thanks!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-17, 11:51 AM  
Lannette

Congratulations!

There is a Callanetics Countdown book. It gives a lot of good modifications. If you believe you're in need of modifications or just want access to them I highly recommend it. (It doesn't follow the DVD program.)

My personal favorite is Complete Callanetics. It reviews the exercises from the original Callanetics WO and also the Super Callanetics WO.

If you decide to join the streaming center be sure to join Sandra's forum. There's great info and support available there.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-17, 04:23 AM  
SuzieC

Thank you Lannette!
Old 06-19-17, 10:58 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Lannette gave a great response.

check your local library too - ours has all of these titles. the original blue 10/10 book is my absolute favorite - it has the butt pictures - men and women's. also has a list of the moves from both the original workout and the Super workout. there's a few moves not in either of the original or Super workout that are included.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-17, 11:21 AM  
BunnyHop

I'm glad you're enjoying it, it's good stuff.

I didn't remember how tough it is until I tried it just after my surgery. Wow. Had to quit mid routine and just wait.
Old 06-19-17, 11:37 AM  
Lannette

Jeannine,

I'm laughing about the butt pictures. Complete Callanetics has the butt pictures too and the extra exercises. Gotta have the butt pictures.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 06-19-17, 12:51 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Jeannine,

I'm laughing about the butt pictures. Complete Callanetics has the butt pictures too and the extra exercises. Gotta have the butt pictures.

it's been awhile since I read Callanetics countdown. I've never read Complete Callanetics, but is it similar to the 10/10 book? it has almost the same cover except it's red.

I've read Callanetics Fit Forever and Callanetics for your back. The fit forever book is more of a lifestyle book and includes an eating plan.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-17, 05:08 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post

it's been awhile since I read Callanetics countdown. I've never read Complete Callanetics, but is it similar to the 10/10 book? it has almost the same cover except it's red.

I've read Callanetics Fit Forever and Callanetics for your back. The fit forever book is more of a lifestyle book and includes an eating plan.
Complete is like 10/10 and super Callanetics under one cover. It seems to me that there were some small updates. I think I mostly like having those two titles in one book.

I'm pretty sure I have all Callan's books. You're right about Fit Forever. Its probably my least favorite of her books. I think that's because some of the info feels dated.

Last edited by Lannette; 06-19-17 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-19-17, 05:11 PM  
SuzieC

LOL! Thanks everyone. I'm so glad I purchased a book with the butt pictures.
I can't wait to receive Complete Callanetics. I picked it up for $3 used (+6$ shipping).
Old 06-19-17, 05:22 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
LOL! Thanks everyone. I'm so glad I purchased a book with the butt pictures.
I can't wait to receive Complete Callanetics. I picked it up for $3 used (+6$ shipping).
Good price! I'm very relieved you got the butt pictures and won't have to forever more wonder what you missed.

Tags
callanetics, callanetics countdown, complete callanetics, lacey kondi