Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-15, 03:53 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Suzanne's workouts are very challenging, but do-able. For me, the ART workouts never became do-able. I just didn't like them enough to persevere through them until I made progress - even the beginner workouts.

Here's a link to Suzanne's advanced calendar for the challenge starting tomorrow: http://3194bp2usbqa1hcuzp1y5zid1dpg...._Challenge.jpg

Carol
Hi Carol, can you also post the link to beginner's challenge? I got the email from SBF with both calendars, but since my subscription expired and I didn't renew, I deleted the email. Now, I'm thinking I'm interested to renew again and try to stick to beginner's challenge but want to look it over again. Thanks!
Old 05-10-15, 04:31 PM  
Nina O

I've not done much SBF at all but I know many people who can't recommend it enough and get great results.

I am a fan of ART Method and for me it really is excellent. Terri Walsh is one of the best instructors in my opinion, and you learn proper form and technique, modifications etc. There are a few different tech studies now so you could vary a little.....there is also a free series of workouts on Terri's You Tube channel - full length workouts - which is a perfect way to give it a try at no cost. https://www.youtube.com/user/exerciseworld/videos
Nina O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-15, 04:34 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Hi Carol, can you also post the link to beginner's challenge? I got the email from SBF with both calendars, but since my subscription expired and I didn't renew, I deleted the email. Now, I'm thinking I'm interested to renew again and try to stick to beginner's challenge but want to look it over again. Thanks!
All of the calendars are linked from Suzanne's blog post:

http://suzannebowenfitness.com/fitne...eek-challenge/

HTH,

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-15, 04:36 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I like that her rotation doesn't call for hour long workouts! Does anyone know if we sign up for that Mother's Day schedule, can we delay the start a month?
Don't know the answer to that question, but my guess is probably not - I don't remember anywhere on the website where you could specify a start date for your subscription.

Carol
Old 05-10-15, 05:17 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
All of the calendars are linked from Suzanne's blog post:

http://suzannebowenfitness.com/fitne...eek-challenge/

HTH,

Carol
Thanks. I never knew that.
Old 05-10-15, 06:38 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Thanks. I never knew that.
I'm not sure they are always posted on her blog, but this upcoming challenge is, as was the 2 week challenge that we are finishing up today.

Carol
Old 05-10-15, 08:01 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Don't know the answer to that question, but my guess is probably not - I don't remember anywhere on the website where you could specify a start date for your subscription.

Carol
Yep, I figured probably not. Even though it's a great deal, I'm going to pass for now. I'm loving the Kettlebell Kickboxing Challenge that I'm in the middle of. I will try SBF at some point.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-15, 08:18 PM  
daisysunshine

I like both.

to put it simply, Suzanne is Suzanne, and Terri is Terri. i am doing ayear of art (LOL at the snails pace i am going it will be two years of art ) but i think it is just how/what you want to do.

I always find it very interesting how people keep saying "the tech study is boring, so it puts them off it." i don't find the tech study any different from anything else you have to do before a workout to get started. It's sun saluations, it's lots of knee lifts, and prep for barre/ballet, it's all that prep work in Karate. It puts you in the frame of mind to handle all the complicated choreography later, especially because you have to learn/know how to keep everything engaged at the same time.

i mean ultimately, you don't HAVE to do it at all. but i just take it as part of the workout and to keep me focused and it prepares for any/all art work

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-15, 08:25 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine View Post
I like both.

I always find it very interesting how people keep saying "the tech study is boring, so it puts them off it." i don't find the tech study any different from anything else you have to do before a workout to get started. It's sun saluations, it's lots of knee lifts, and prep for barre/ballet, it's all that prep work in Karate. It puts you in the frame of mind to handle all the complicated choreography later, especially because you have to learn/know how to keep everything engaged at the same time.

i mean ultimately, you don't HAVE to do it at all. but i just take it as part of the workout and to keep me focused and it prepares for any/all art work
For me, the tech study seems to go on forever - I don't even know exactly how long it is, but it's just too long for me and the same thing over and over. Other warmups that I do are not as long, and have some variety. I understand the theory of being able to see progress because you are doing the same thing over and over - but I just can't get into it.

I'm so glad we have lots of variety to chose from. There's something for everyone!

Carol
Old 05-11-15, 08:35 AM  
Carb8985

Kariev, if I recall correctly, you've done a lot of Ballet Body with Leah Sarago, right? If so, I think you would find Suzanne Bowen to not be challenging enough. At least I found that was the case for me, after having done Ballet Body for years. Suzanne does far fewer reps and has much more set-up time between the exercises. It's been several months since I've done her stuff, so it could be that her newer releases are more challenging.

I've never done ART Method, so I can't comment on that, but from what I've read, it sounds like it would be more challenging than Suzanne Bowen. It's also different from barre, so if you've been doing Ballet Body for a while and want to switch it up, ART Method might be the way to go.
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art method, suzanne bowen, terri walsh