Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-03-14, 09:05 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eannem View Post
i ordered yesterday and had a shipping notice within the hour. not sure how long they will take to arrive though.
Did you order from Mary?
Old 01-03-14, 09:11 AM  
eannem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Did you order from Mary?
no, from suzanne.
eannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 09:14 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eannem View Post
i do think she is very genuine. my only gripe is that she does talk (on some of the streaming workouts) a lot so sometimes there is downtime. but she just seems so lovely and has a great positive message.
I agree on all counts! I think she seems really lovely and instructs very well, but I did find it a bit frustrating that we didn't always just get on with it in the online workouts!

However, I've developed a lot of compassion for barre instructors on this. Barre is soooo form-specific that I think it can be a struggle to cue people whom you can't actually see and correct hands-on.

She does have a very body-positive message, and her workouts are wonderfully accessible! Only $10 a month for unlimited streaming. And she includes very user-friendly rotations and a food guide. I don't really like streaming workouts, but I really appreciate how available she makes her material. I might try one of her rotations someday.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 09:23 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I started watching her little videos on Youtube. She's lovely and no doubt her videos are effective but does anyone else find it ..interesting.. that she's been bringing *her* little white dog (Paris instead of Peanut) to the shoots?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 09:36 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I started watching her little videos on Youtube. She's lovely and no doubt her videos are effective but does anyone else find it ..interesting.. that she's been bringing *her* little white dog (Paris instead of Peanut) to the shoots?
She moved recently and I think she's filming from a room in her new house/apartment. I do think there is a connection between her and Jessica Smith (I mean they know each other). Done on purpose? IDK, my dog would wander in too when I worked out and if I was down on the mat she got very friendly. Some dogs don't like to be shut out of the room either (mine sure didn't). I did a Jessica workout recently where Peanut was bothering her (stealing her washcloth sliders) and she put him out and in the background for the rest of the workout you heard barking and whining.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 09:54 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I have to say, the presence of a dog would be a major turnoff to me in a workout. I like dogs, but I get enough distractions in my own home, I don't want any in the instructor's!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 10:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Does anyone think these DVDs (which I assume are similar to her streaming workouts) are on the less intense side compared to other barre, such as P57 or Booty Barre? I had the TTT dvd and couldn't get into it and traded it away even though I am a big fan of her 10 MS pilates perfect body. Just trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on these or not. Any thoughts appreciated.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 11:16 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Does anyone think these DVDs (which I assume are similar to her streaming workouts) are on the less intense side compared to other barre, such as P57 or Booty Barre? I had the TTT dvd and couldn't get into it and traded it away even though I am a big fan of her 10 MS pilates perfect body. Just trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on these or not. Any thoughts appreciated.
Having only viewed this I can't say for sure - but the tempo is much slower than P57 for sure.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 11:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Thanks, Sue. I thought TTT was kind of slow and not very intense but I didn't really give it much of a chance. I'm still keeping my eye on these though.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 12:12 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Thanks, Sue. I thought TTT was kind of slow and not very intense but I didn't really give it much of a chance. I'm still keeping my eye on these though.
TTT is just the right level for me for the most part. I think there are two lower body segments, one is more cardio-ish and one is more barre-ish. The barre-ish one is on the easy side by the cardio-ish one is pretty good. The upper body is the perfect level for me, while leaving me some room to grow with heavier weights.

Pilates Perfect Body is just too easy overall. I would use it on a light day but the lower body segment just doesn't have enough reps for me to feel the burn. I like to use Trudie Styler's Pure Sculpt for this because there are 10 minute segments.

I also have her Slim & Toned prenatal barre workout, it's pretty easy to me.

Judging from her streaming workouts, most everything lower body that Suzanne does is going to be intermediate for me. I prefer Leah Sarago for lower body barre in that respect.

I think I'll wait to see Mary's clips before pulling the trigger on the Barre Amped DVD's. I will probably get them, but only if they're significantly different from TTT and the S&T Prenatal Barre. I would like to see the exercises where you sit on the floor with your back against the wall and lift the legs, which you can see in her promo video for Barre Amped.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suzanne bowen