Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-07-11, 01:23 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Mary - Well, you maybe be a newbie to VF, but you're definitely not one to video exercising! Feel free to jump in with your knowledge. It sounds like you know about (as well as ) Bodyrock.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 11:55 AM  
Tiny

Thanks Laura!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 09:11 AM  
tanteoma

Hi, everyone!

I'm Lizzy from Germany and I got into exercising indoors using videos a few months ago after joining a gym. Sounds a bit twisted, but it's simple really. I used to be a straight forward jogger and was just looking for a place to hang out occasionally after becoming stay-at-home-mom when I joined the gym. There I discovered the fun of gym classes. The only problem is that we travel a lot so it's tough to follow the class schedule. That's when another expat introduced me to exercise videos. That was 5 months ago, I've been hooked ever since.

It's tough to find the time, an interesting routine and the necessary equipment to workout everyday and I'm very happy to have stumbled across this board with so many enthusiastic people. Hope we can help and encourage each other to stay on the exercise bandwagon! Cheers to you all!
tanteoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 11:15 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Lizzy,

Welcome to VF! We at least a couple of other VFers from Germany.

If it is of interest, you might want to peruse the checks ins section of the forum. It is where smaller groups of people check in with each other on a regular basis about exercise - and in some they check in about a whole broad range of stuff. It is where people get to know each other best at VF and where you can find people to help hold you accountable to whatever your goals are. Anyway, just a thought.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-11-11, 11:52 AM  
tanteoma

Thank you for the tip, Laura! I'm planning on lurking around a little and getting to know this place first. I was super excited to have stumbled across this place a few weeks ago via google. The idea of looking for a forum like this never occurred to me, I usually just look up amazon reviews before buying a video. It's not very interactive there. Here many people seem to have tried out everything and it's so interesting to read through old threads. Then I realised the 46 pages of threads I looked through was just from the last 30 days! This is heaven.

I've been otherwise bugging people around me for a while now with my raving of training with videos at home. I've always been fairly fit but I used to just do jogging so although I've always been slim but only in recent months after I started weight training in gym and with videos, I realised I'm now pretty nicely ripped in a very very good way. It's like magic. Now I'm addicted to wanting to try out new videos.
Old 11-11-11, 01:33 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Yeah, the changes that happen to your body with strength training are pretty cool. Feel free to lurk as long as you want and good luck finding videos that are good for you.

You do know there is a reviews database outside the forum, right? I ask only because there have been peopel who have been on the forum for awhile that never realized it - or vice versa. You can find it here - VF Reviews Database.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-11-11, 06:12 PM  
tanteoma

Thank you! I indeed haven't found that well of goodies yet. :-*
Old 11-11-11, 06:46 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

That's why we have this thread. Have fun with the goodies!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-17-11, 01:34 PM  
Julia

Hi Ladies, Im new to this forum, a former Equinox bunny here in manhattan. My current obsessions are Kettlebells (Skoggs rotation), yoga (vinyasa and kundalini). Past obsessions have run the gamut from Pilates, heavy weight training, Bikram yoga, Powerstrike (live classes with Illara) at the gym. Burnt out, exhausted and chubby from all the time at the gym left me starting again fresh from my home. I used to dread the long gym classes now Im finding excitement, freshness and fun from reading all the wonderful video fitness reviews and changing up rotations according to what my body needs which Im finding is far different from traditional gym protocol. I look forward to reading and posting here with all of you knowledgable ladies & gents.
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 07:18 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Julia - Welcome to VF. You should find plenty of ideas here. You just might want to hide your credit card to save yourself some money though. Feel free to jump in wherever you have a comment or question.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread