Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-19, 07:16 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of October 13

Good morning everyone. I didn't have a formal workout yesterday as we went to a folk festival and did a lot of walking. The festival is the largest in Virginia (over 200,000 people attend each year). We heard lots of good music and had a great time. It was a very nice sunny day. It was still 80 degrees when we left at 7 p.m.

Gibbee - Wow, I didn't know the B complex had so many side effects. Very interesting. So far so good for me, knock on wood.

Hi to everyone else. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 08:59 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was ICE To the Mat & core + 25 minutes on the elliptical.

Waves to everyone.
Old 10-14-19, 12:22 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi everyone. I ran 8 miles yesterday am and will try 2 today. The 8 miles was 3 minutes run followed by 1 minute of walking. Felt great. Finally getting cooler weather here, at least at night.

Jbliff that folk festival sounds awesome. Glad you had a great time!

Happy Monday all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 09:36 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning I ran 7.18 mi at 3:1 intervals. I cut 3 minutes off my time from last week for this route and even jogged all the way up the hill, no extra walking. I was pretty excited! Temp was 40 degrees when I started. Finished with my usual Yoga for Runners post-run practice.

Yesterday I spent the day with a couple friends making Halloween goodies. We had a lot of fun. Hubby and I just had a nice lazy day on Saturday while it snowed. It stuck a little here and there but melted quickly.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 06:16 AM  
Cher

No workouts all weekend except about a 40 minute walk with my mom Saturday. I had a great time up north without DH & DS around. Lol. Workout yesterday was LITE PHA2 one time each exercise, then Puddle jumpers & Firewalkers from LITE Body Weight & Bands, then Mile 1 of Leslie’s Walk 15.

Joseph started his job yesterday. He said it went okay.

Vannie - Bummer you couldn’t do Terror Night. It was really cold here too. Snow!?!? Oh, please don’t send it this way! Great job on your run!

JBliff - Glad your mammogram and ultrasound came out well. What a relief. I wish I could have gotten my appointments sooner to get them over with. The festival sounds fun! Hmmm, 80 degrees??? What’s that? Lol!

Gibbee - As you know, I’m frustrated with my weight and all lately too.

Karen - Glad it is starting to cool down for you down there.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 08:40 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi everyone. Went to Orange Theory tonight. Ran 2 miles on my treadmill yesterday as it was raining. I am trying slowly to increase my overall mileage and it is going pretty well.

Guess what!? We are finally getting rain AND it is going to get cooler for several
Nights. Yippee! Tomorrow night and Thursday night it will be in the 50s and I cannot wait.

Vannie great job on your run and running up the hill! So you use 3:1 intervals too? My friend Judi wants to try 90:30 intervals. 90 seconds of running and 30 seconds walking. She said she read that 3 minutes of running encourages you to walk too slowly. Cutting your time by 3 minutes is outstanding!

Cher glad you had a good time over the weekend at the cabin. You got right back into working out too.

Waves to Gibbee and Jbliff, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 09:18 PM  
JBliff

Drive by checkin: 55 minutes on the elliptical.

Waves!
Old 10-15-19, 10:03 PM  
Vantreesta

I thought I posted my workouts earlier but looks like I only thought it. I did a newbie, 22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 1, which I really liked even though it was tough. Then I did an oldie, Rodney Yee's Yoga Burn, the one without the gloves, which he called Slow Burn Yoga in the intro.

Karjoy, yep, I've been using 3:1 since I switched to doing intervals this summer. When I did some 3 milers I was totally able to run stronger and walk faster with those intervals. On these longer runs I'm slower all the way around bc I haven't gotten as efficient at the longer distances. I don't think I would like 90:30 bc I don't really like the transitions! I had wanted to try 9:1 or 8:2 just bc the math is easier. I will never be a fast runner thanks to the injuries from the splits fiasco. My chiropractor told me I shouldn't sprint bc of the risk of re-tearing my hamstring tendon. I'm happy to have an excuse to avoid sprinting.

Cheryl, glad you had a great time at the cabin. Sometimes it's nice to get away and only be responsible for yourself!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-16-19, 05:59 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Drive by: Just the warm up from Rock’em Sock’em. Another night of no sleep. Yesterday was Leslie Happy Walk. Day before was Flipping 50 STronger week 2 workout 2

Short on time. Will be back to chat later.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-19, 12:49 PM  
Vantreesta

Decided to run tmrw instead of today. Supposed to be less windy tmrw. This morning I did an old Denise Austin, Blast Away 10 Lbs second workout, and the Blissology Wed quickie.

Gibbee, sorry you're not sleeping well. I've been having problems with that this year after always sleeping great in the past. I've been having some luck with chamomile tea, melatonin and Valerian root after our last walk and then turning off the overhead lights after hubby goes to bed. I haven't done all of those the last few nights (especially the tea) and I can tell a difference. I hope it gets better for you soon. Sleepless or restless nights make for some tough days!