Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-14-19, 04:55 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

I just received my 7' x 5' Gorilla Mat, and it definitely weighs more than the 13 lbs that was listed on Amazon, and which I used in my above post. The weight indicated on the outside of the box is 23 lbs. It wasn't too heavy to lift, but the length makes it awkward to carry into the house, etc. Great quality mat.
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 05:12 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatella View Post
I just received my 7' x 5' Gorilla Mat, and it definitely weighs more than the 13 lbs that was listed on Amazon, and which I used in my above post. The weight indicated on the outside of the box is 23 lbs. It wasn't too heavy to lift, but the length makes it awkward to carry into the house, etc. Great quality mat.
Thanks for your post. I am going to have fun getting that down our basement steps! We have a turn in the staircase. I am glad that it is great quality.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 05:48 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

The box is 5' 3" long and 8" on the sides. I know I would not be able to manage it on stairs - definitely have someone help you carry it. I don't have stairs, but need to get it down an "L" shaped hallway so am going to wait for my husband to get home. Will probably just take it out of the box before moving it down the hall.
Old 10-15-19, 04:52 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

my mat arrived yesterday.

I don't know the measurements or the weight.

I know that it arrived the same day as my chewy dot com order and after hauling in 4 boxes of 35 lbs. of cat litter, it felt fairly light!

I like that it comes in it's own little carry bag (think yoga mat!). I can pick it up, roll it up and put it back in it's carry bag. (Not sure that's the right word for it, but I've barely had 1/2 a cup of coffee!) Hope to test it out this morning. And if not this morning then tomorrow for sure.

Thanks again for posting this.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 09:16 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Cleda! I am glad to read that the mat can be rolled up and stored easily.

Old 10-15-19, 06:56 PM  
sherry7899

I am glad to say I managed to get it into the basement myself and rolled it out. I am eager to try it tomorrow. I took it out of the box first, which made it much easier to get down the stairs.

Old 10-16-19, 09:04 PM  
soulflower

I went (today, 10/16) to the link upthread and still got the code. Additionally, I took advantage of the $10 coupon offered on Amazon. My mat is supposed to arrive at the end of the week.

Thanks for the head's up about the discount!
soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-19, 09:24 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulflower View Post
I went (today, 10/16) to the link upthread and still got the code. Additionally, I took advantage of the $10 coupon offered on Amazon. My mat is supposed to arrive at the end of the week.

Thanks for the head's up about the discount!
I am glad it still worked!

Old 10-17-19, 05:49 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

So I finally got around to rolling out the new Gorilla mat and . . . there were two rolled up together. I only ordered one, was only charged for one. No wonder the box felt so heavy.
Old 10-17-19, 05:55 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatella View Post
So I finally got around to rolling out the new Gorilla mat and . . . there were two rolled up together. I only ordered one, was only charged for one. No wonder the box felt so heavy.
Wow! I wonder if one was a return ?

Tags
gorilla mat