Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-12-17, 10:15 AM  
TinaT

I'm so confused now. I like the looks of Suzanne's new release. But I also like the idea of her rotation she just put out. Then there's trying the Winsor Pilates workouts I just found at a local thrift store. I feel like I might be trying too much too quickly.

So now I'm second guessing myself. I cancelled my order for the Callanetics workouts for now. I need to give this all more thought.

Suzanne + Winsor?
Callanetics + Suzanne?
Winsor + Callanetics?
Just 1 at a time?

TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 12:10 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
hotncmom ~ I worry about getting bored as well with the 30 Day program. I've decided to do a blend of Callanetics and Pilates. I know my muscles could use a ton of confusion and my joints could use a break. So, I'm excited to try this.

What programs are you using by Suzanne? I've had so many sit on my shelf, but never make it off. I ended up trading/selling them. Now of course, I might be regretting it. How have your results been?
I have almost all of Suzanne's workouts, including 3 Ruahs, Tighten Tone and Torch, Slim and Toned prenatal barre workout, Gorgeous Core, Pilates Perfect Body, the Weight Watchers DVD, and the new Flat Belly Barre. The only BarreAmped ones I don't have are Sleek and Toned Prenatal and Fire Extreme Sculpt.

I've been doing about 30 minutes on most days. I usually do upper body one day and lower body the next, combining segments as needed. I'm trying to just go through all of them. I'm saving TTT and BarreAmped Boot Camp until I've been doing this a while because they are what I consider the harder workouts. Of course, Flat Belly Barre has the 3 30-minute workouts, so I will just do one of those in the weekly schedule. So far on that I've done Classic Barre and Barre Blast.

I've also been throwing in some floorwork a few times a week because I feel like there isn't enough in Suzanne's stuff. So I have done Strong Stride, Thighmatics, Trudie Styler's Pure Sculpt for that. And now, of course, Callanetics will fill that slot.

It's only been about 3 weeks since I started, so no results to report yet other than I have been consistent with this and I'm not bored yet. For me, that's something, because I don't last long with rotations because I miss other stuff. Right now I'm missing yoga and I may try to fit it in on the weekends. And I'm always tempted to return to Ballet Body but I keep telling myself that's next after this. I consider Suzanne's workouts to be easier than just about any Ballet Body workout, so when Suzanne's get really easy, that's when I'll switch. The next rotation in my head is Ballet Body + yoga.

The thing that seems to be working for me is that these are not so incredibly hard or long that I dread doing them. And if I'm having more of a low-energy day, I can use a Ruah or prenatal workout. I don't feel like these are that much easier, but the energy of them feels different to me - more relaxed.

What I liked about the first Callanetics workout was that it didn't get me wound up before bed. I did it at 8:45 last night and went to bed right after. So I feel like it's one of those workouts I can do even if I don't feel like doing anything.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 12:12 PM  
IceQueen07

You could just rotate your weeks. For a while I was doing SB three days a week and KCM weights three days for a 2 week rotation, then for the next two weeks I did Pilates by Lisa and weights. This way you can still fit them all in and you area also switching it up. This time I am doing SB and Callanetics for 30 days, but have extended it because I like the results.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 02:11 PM  
TinaT

I really like the idea of Callanetics and Suzanne Bowen combo. I think I might start with this. So I had a nice size GC at Amazon waiting to be spent. I bit the bullet and got Suzanne's Box Set and Callanetics Express. I also ordered Suzanne's newest from Prevention. I've had so much traders remorse over Suzanne with her Amped WO's, that I decided to get them once and for all. Like I shared in an earlier post, I just acquired 4 Winsor Pilates workouts, all new, from a thrift store. I'll eventually add those in too. Most are with resistance band work, so that would be a great change as well.

I'm going to finish out the next 12 days doing what I already have in place and start my new rotation after my 32 week weigh & measure day.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-17, 11:29 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
during my research of the Evolution series, I was surprised to find out how Callan's company made legal maneuvers to become the sole producer of Callanetics DVDs. perhaps someone can fill in what happened there.
Back when Judy was still alive, she said that Callan's family was challenging her decision to hand her company (CMC) over to Pat Klein (a decision she had made in the 90s...over 10 years before the family decided the wanted ownership of the brand.) It looks like as Callan's health deteriorated, they started causing problems for CMC, but waited until after she died to challenge CMC in court. For a while it looked like that would be the end of Callanetics, but I guess Sandra was able to strike a deal with the family to continue offering new workouts.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-17, 03:31 PM  
Exercise Diva

I wonder how a Barre 3 and Callanetics rotation would work?
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
callan pinckney, callanetics, callanetics evolution, pure sculpt