Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-20, 08:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - May 2020

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Happy and healthy May to all !!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 02:14 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Hi, not sure how long it's been since I posted, but, I'm still doing mostly the same things I was then

I read an ebook while I walk on the treadmill. I usually get on the treadmill a few times a day, for various amounts of time -- depends on how good the book is. Minimum I allow myself is 30 minutes a day. Very rarely do I skip a day, since it's such easy movement.

Today, I mowed the grass in the back yard, watered and pulled a few weeds from my garden, and then did 32 minutes of treadmill reading, followed by a few leg stretches. Probably will do more later.

I hope to get myself to resume other exercise by joining this group!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 04:37 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hey, welcome back Terri!

PP- I had to laugh at your "chest proud" comment. That always just p***ses me off too. I kind of like the workout that is taught by her two friends (can't recall the name offhand), but other than that...I can live without Jari for the most part.

Nothing momentous to report in my workouts. Yesterday, I was a bit low energy so I did a short (maybe 30 min.) walk. Today about 50 minutes. I was going to do some weight work. I put on workout clothes, made it to my workout room, turned on the TV, then decided against the whole idea!
Old 05-02-20, 10:00 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I was low energy and blah but when it finally stopped raining I did a 42 minute walk. We have some beautiful weather for the next couple of days so I'm planning on some nice walks and hopefully some pilates or weight work too. I've had this tickle in my throat and nagging cough for a couple of days now. DH had it last month and it lasted a few weeks for him. It's worse at night and the cough keeps me awake. I've tried all the remedies, hot tea with honey and lemon, salt water gargling etc. I guess it just needs to run it's course.

TERRI, great to see you! That's so good that the treadmill helps you stay so consistent. Yard work is always good for getting some exercise too.

NORA, nice walks. I hear you on the low energy. My motivation is lacking too but hopefully this sunny weather will perk me up.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well!!
Old 05-02-20, 01:01 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB - Can you get covid tested? I sure don't mean to be alarmist but those can be the symptoms. Also if you and DH had/have minor symptoms, it could be a relief to know.

I forgot to answer your Qs from last week thread: I can for now at least, travel back and forth to my cottage but need to avoid their stores and groceries. Any drop-by visitors will all be staying 6 feet away from me! But that's my plan until there's a vaccine anyhow. I'm not sure how I will handle visiting DS or DD, who would be overnighters. Right now, I'm thinking it has to be off the table. I could soften up though!

Today, was a one hour walk.
Old 05-03-20, 07:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did Sandra's sunrise workout from callaneticstv, a 53 minute walk in the afternoon and 100 kettlebell swings after dinner. I really enjoyed the callanetics workout, Sandra's form pointers really help you get into the position to work the muscle. It was a lovely day yesterday and I saw a lot of congregating going on when I was walking. I get that people are tired of staying home and it was a beautiful day but getting together in groups now is just going to undo all the weeks we spent inside distancing. I do plan another walk today and hopefully more, some weights maybe?

NORA, nice walk. I was thinking covid of course but I'm not sure what the testing situation is like now. I know when my friend's DH was sick in March they wouldn't test him and he had fever and chest congestion. The testing would be a relief but I really don't want to go to the doctor's office at this point. Thankfully the coughing is the only sympton right now and is most likely a cold or allergies. I hope it all works out with visitors at the cottage. Tough times.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well.
Old 05-03-20, 01:50 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Yesterday Hubby Cindy and I went for a walk in the local state park {Meeman Shelby}. We didn't feel like we took a long walk but we both felt tired and beat up even before we started. Cindy of course was willing to go on but we conked out early. Still not a lot of people out there.

I got a box of knitted baby things packed and ready to be shipped out. Working on that has kept me busy for a while now. I got some elastic in the mail just in time to make about 30 more masks for our 'mask drive' that ended May 1. I thought they might continue it but I haven't heard anything, we only make 2,400 of our 5000 goal.

Some of the bushes around the house are blooming so we both have headaches and stuffy noses. Grrr.

Funny that we all seemed to be low energy at the beginning of the month.

Terri, good to see you back. Checking in is always great motivation for me.

Nora, sometimes that happens! I've been known to take a nap instead of working out! I'm trying to get Hubby interested in working out {again}. I'm concerned that his back will continue to be a problem for him and I want him to maintain the fitness and mobility that he has.

SB, glad to hear that you are enjoying the Callenetics workouts. I'm glad your weather is co operating for your walks.

Our computer is dying. We are trying to get another one. We don't need anything fancy, just internet and Word, but the cheap ones are all 'refurbished' and we aren't comfortable with that.

Stay well

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 03:20 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I did two Walk at Home workouts today. Walk with Weights with Nick and 1M classic walk with Rocky.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 09:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 56 minute walk, first half with DD and second half with DH.
It was almost like a summer day, 81 degrees! Today is still sunny but cooler and I am planning a walk and hopefully more.

PENGUIN, good job getting some walks in. I'm glad Cindy was able to join you for the walk in the park. Wonderful job with your knitting and masks. I hope you find an affordable computer that meets your needs. Do you use a desktop or laptop?

Waves to all. Stay safe and well everyone!
Old 05-04-20, 01:00 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today, I did a one hour walk before rain set in, and started STS meso 3 - chest and back. Of course I only did 3 sets to Cathe's 4. Really, my plan was 2 sets, but it's rainy and miserable out - so what else did I have to do?

Meso 3 legs is not for me since it's a lot of plyo, so I'll happily sub something else on the leg days.

SB - We had lovely weather yesterday too. God forbid we get 2 nice days in a row! I hope your cough is better.

PP- It sounds like you're getting your walkies in too.