Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-19, 08:16 PM  
primrosecat

Fitness Hall of Fame

Going back many years to when I was first inspired by someone to work out.

Joanie Greggins: Just because she is the first I remember, and she was fun.
Jane Fonda: Loved her workouts.
The first Firm: My cousin loaned me her vhs. I almost died when she said she paid $50. But I was hooked! Then I found their forums and swooned when I found out Susan, etc, actually answered your questions. Oh my goodness, those were the days.
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 08:58 PM  
Mickey12

Charlene Prickett. She was on my TV 5 days a week. I loved her workouts (and still do). She had a lot of variety, she taught me things, and she had so much fun working out with her friends. I felt like I was part of the group and I was one of their friends too.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 10:20 PM  
fanofladyvols

Fun post!!

Tamilee Webb!! She helped me learn how to use dumbbells and work my abs. I still have the first VHS I bought at Kmart.

Lynne Bricke and Kendell Hogan for teaching me to love step aerobics! I bought the home size step...and realized quickly I needed the club size and it was a HUGE purchase when I bought that. For years my DC used that small step to play and jump on.

Janis Saffell for teaching me kickboxing!

Billy Blanks for showing me how to enjoy sweating.

Cardiocoach Sean O'Malley for motivating me to really push myself.

Mari Winsor for tempting me to buy my first and only set of infomercial DVDs.

Brooke Siler who wrote the first exercise book I ever bought!

The Firm (Anna Benson) for sheer variety and rotations to inspire acquiring and collection of workout videos.

I may edit as I think of more to add

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 02:12 AM  
Taiga

Thanks to Cher & Keli and Elle & Karen for being FUN Bring those back on DVD already!!

Also, kudos to Gin Miller for many years of great programs
I felt so cool doing reebok step
Old 12-30-19, 11:25 AM  
donnadc

My first workout VHS was Denise Austin. I think it was called the Fat Burning workout. I still do a dvd of hers from time to time but her counting and cuing are aggravating-haha.

Also------Gilad!! He's definately in my fitness hall of fame!
donnadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 12:13 PM  
alisoncooks

My first infomercial purchase was either: Firm BSS1 or Slim in 6. Can't remember which came first. I also bought a Tony Little Gazelle because I've always been a sucker for gadgets and machines! Those were my initial foray into home fitness.

One thing I really remember fondly: I had a Prevention magazine special edition book. It highlighted different exercises and had recipes and success stories. I must've read that thing 100 times!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 01:40 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Kari Anderson, Marcus Irwin, and Christy Taylor all led me down the path of complex choreography, workouts I could lose myself in and have fun with while exercising. I still remember declaring myself a STEPPIN' QUEEN the first time I got all the way through Stage 2 of Step Heaven. And, I proved to DH that I DID need that much exercise space in the basement when I spun around the room doing Marcus Irwin floor workouts.

Kelly Coffey-Meyer for producing so many workouts that were the core part of my workout routine in later years. She made strength work and especially circuit workouts accessible to me.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 03:31 PM  
primrosecat

Yep, those are some I remember too. It made me think of one of the first step workouts Cathe did in a basement? maybe painted with a seashore scene. She was so young. Sedie (sp) was in it too.
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitness hall of fame, fitness instructors, vf hall of fame