Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-09-11, 02:18 PM  
Sissy B

I never loan out books or DVDs that I wouldn't just be willing to give away.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 03:03 PM  
Sidlynn

I loaned out my P90X back in May. We saw each other once a week at our kids' dance class. I forgot to ask if she had started them the next week, so I asked after 2 weeks. She laughed and said how relieved she had been I had forgotten to ask the week before since, no, she hadn't started. I haven't asked since. She could have finished them by now, but I know she hasn't started. Now someone from DH's work wants to borrow them (he borrowed them once before and gave them back saying they were too hard - guess he's been revving himself up!). So now I have to go ask for them back, unless she promises to start ASAP!

"This is good for us!" ~Gilad
Sidlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 03:30 PM  
bearcatfan

NO NOT MY BABIES!!!!

Ahem. I do not loan out my dvds to local folks. Ever. Buy your own

I have loaned out something to a VF friend once, but that was it. I am more open to loaning to VF friends because I know they will be in good hands.
Old 08-09-11, 03:44 PM  
casey

I have an older sister that borrows stuff and either never returns the item or some crazy long time later returns the iem damaged. I am so happy I never lent her my wedding dress because I did lend her my handmade veil and she said "oh, I hope you don't mind, I had it taken apart and redesigned. ?!? I told her to keep it. Books come back damaged a year later. I lent her my Jane Fonda videotapes many years ago and she returned one 6 months later without the cover. I still haven't forgot that and she's the reason I don't lend ANY DVDs to ANYONE. I liked the floor work in her post pregnancy workout. It was actually very effective for legs but now I can't do it because she LOST it. Humph. I am presently slowly replacing my videotaped classic firms and I have 5 shelves filled with workouts in my exercise room. They are very important to me.

I got a little chill when some of you mentioned lending out their Doves or their P90x. If I did consider lending a DVD, it would have to be to a fellow idiot, not one of my real life friends that would leave it on a shelf and never do it. Shudder!
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 03:48 PM  
Sass

I never even thought about loaning any of mine out. My brother asked me if he could borrow a few and I said NO immediately. I told him he can workout with them at my house if he wants, but they do not leave my house ever. I am OK with being selfish with my DVDs and equipment as I have spent a lot of money on them and want them to stay in the best shape as possible.

I'd ask for my DVDs back right away.
Old 08-09-11, 03:58 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

If wanting to keep things that belong to you is "selfish," what is it called when you want to have or keep something that DOESN'T belong to you?

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 04:01 PM  
Indy

I lent out Volume 3 of the classic Firms to a friend - at the time it wasn't a classic - and I had paid the $50 to get it when it first came out. I considered all of my Firms to be gold - sooo important to me. It killed me to lend it out - and I was on pins and needles to get it back. Finally - I just went and asked for it - and decided after that I wouldn't ever do it again.

If you want it - go buy your own. I do lend out videos to my sister and family now and then but they are usually really good about giving them back.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 04:09 PM  
Darisa

I don't lend out my DVDs. Even the cheapie ones. Go buy your own and start your own obsession is my reasoning. I do lend out to VF friends but that's not the same thing right?
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 04:14 PM  
Melrose

Don't do it! A few people have asked to borrow my DVDs, and my reply is ''Oh, no! I use them all the time!''

I don't lend books either - learned the hard way.

I do give away books and DVDs when they no longer interest me.
Melrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 04:15 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
My sister-in-law saw the informecial and found out that I had it and wanted to borrow it. Well I lent it to her over 2 months ago and even bought her S90. She has yet to do a workout. So there sits P90X in her basement unused... Meanwhile I have been getting an itch to do PlyoX, Yoga X and Core synergestics and I can't! She belongs to a gym and goes often, so why is my P90X sitting there and getting dusty, when I could be using some of those workouts!

Can anyone relate to my dvd selfishness?
I don't lend out DVDs or CDs. Why? Because most of the time they are not returned. And for exercise dvds, I definitely do not. Why? Because the person must make an initial investment themselves. Meaning they make a conscious decision to buy the workouts, thus with intention of using the workouts. Borrowing does not have the same dedication. Ask for your dvds back and tell her that you are about to start a rotation and need them ASAP. Then if she asks again, just say no.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lendings dvds, loaning dvds