Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-13-11, 08:20 PM  
Hilary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldy_solana View Post
i still find it unfair that the buyer didn't send the product back. if she/he didn't like it, then why keep it?
I'm sorry ... I don't understand this comment at all. According to the email from Amazon, the buyer DID want to return the DVDs. The seller refused to take them back. Frankly, I think if you are selling items at a third-party website, you need to abide by the rules that they've set out for selling. If you don't like their rules, don't sell there. They can't have every individual seller making their own individual rules. I both buy and sell on Amazon, and I expect both as a buyer and a seller to follow the procedures that they've set up. If I don't like those procedures, I just won't patronize their site.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 08:24 PM  
Just_Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
I'm sorry ... I don't understand this comment at all. According to the email from Amazon, the buyer DID want to return the DVDs. The seller refused to take them back. Frankly, I think if you are selling items at a third-party website, you need to abide by the rules that they've set out for selling. If you don't like their rules, don't sell there. They can't have every individual seller making their own individual rules. I both buy and sell on Amazon, and I expect both as a buyer and a seller to follow the procedures that they've set up. If I don't like those procedures, I just won't patronize their site.
In the link Amazon provided it states:
Amazon Marketplace sellers are required to accept returns even if the merchandise was exactly as described.

So, you were just really lucky that they did the claim wrong. We really have to be careful to read the fine print and follow the rules. I'm glad that it was resolved for your sake and my condolences on the loss of your sister.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 09:42 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
The same website allows you to set up your own returns policy on your store page. Why give sellers the option if they are going to be overruled anyway? And why not state this fact up front instead of burying it in the fine print? Most retailers won't give a refund on an open DVD, why make a marketplace seller do what others don't do as a practice?

Whatever anyone's personal opinion, bottom line is that anyone who sells on Amazon needs to know there is a possibility you'll have to take the
Product back even if it is past 30 days or a case
of buyer's remorse. This may not be the best option for someone trying to declutter.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 10:54 PM  
lilmonkey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
The same website allows you to set up your own returns policy on your store page. Why give sellers the option if they are going to be overruled anyway? And why not state this fact up front instead of burying it in the fine print? Most retailers won't give a refund on an open DVD, why make a marketplace seller do what others don't do as a practice?

Whatever anyone's personal opinion, bottom line is that anyone who sells on Amazon needs to know there is a possibility you'll have to take the
Product back even if it is past 30 days or a case
of buyer's remorse. This may not be the best option for someone trying to declutter.
When you click on "store settings" and then "edit info and policies", there is a link right there under the box where you an put in your "store" policies that says, plain as day, "View Amazon's Marketplace Return Policy". I don't see how that is 'hiding it in the fine print'. It's your responsibility as a seller to be aware of Amazon's rules regarding how seller accounts operate. Their return policy is reasonable, IMO.

You're acting like Amazon is in the wrong enforcing their own policy, which I don't understand.
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 12:43 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Whenever you undertake a transaction online, you have to read the site's policy. If you are entering into a business transaction such as selling items, then it's even more important to read everything, including all the fine print. In Amazon's case, I think the rules are quite visible and easy to find.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 02:33 AM  
daisysunshine

But, even though Raina said she couldn't accept return and all this hubablooo - it never once occurred to Amazon or the Buyer to send it back one the money got reversed back to her?

I understand the whole, "read the fine print thing" etc - and if Raina's tragedy hadn't happened she'd probably be on the ball [sorry for talking about you in third person LOL] but at the end of the day - Raina said, no, sorry no refunds. (I always check that out when I do eBay or Amazon used - it never really occurs to me when I buy from a third party to ever return it - unless it's grossly not what its supposed to be - and then I let paypal/credit card/host company deal with it; though I've never really HAD that. I just had stuff not come to me).

That's against Amazon. fine. but what happened between May 18th and June 2nd? That's 15 days without communication. Where did the ball go on that?

And Buyer filed a claim saying she wanted her money back - and that's fine. But why didn't the dvds get returned? So quite frankly, whatever oversight Raina made, it doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day, the buyer gets the dvds and the money. (and if Raina were to have accepted the refund, chances are the buyer still wouldn't have returned the dvds, and then what).

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 03:15 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

((((Hugs))) I'm very sorry for your loss of your sister!!!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 06:09 AM  
windyh
VF Supporter

(((F1MOM))) I am so very, very sorry about your sister. I lost my much younger brother in a horrible accident last September and know what you and your family are going through. PM me if you need to 'talk'.
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 06:44 AM  
ldy_solana

Quote:
okay i get your point (sheesh i am 33 not 12 thank you i can read the fine print), but the buyer STILL hasn't returned them and raina gave them a reason why she did not reply to initial email. i understood that you have to take back returns being a seller as well, but from the original thread i read that raina was unable to reply to the email hence the issue. if buyer wanted to return them so badly why hadn't they still is my question?? she got her refund now return the product. you would have to do it if you were dealing with amazon so you should do the same if you are a seller on amazon.

i had a buyer complain the dvd wasn't working (even though i bought it brand new and used it one time);i told her return it and i will refund her but she never answered me back. ball is in her court and if they pull something like this i will be darned if they get to keep a $35 dvd and get the money back. sorry but that is not right either.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 07:01 AM  
F1mom

I set up my Amazon.com account in 2004 and there was no easy link pointing out that you had to take returns. I guess like Facebook they make changes and the seller is on his own to stay updated, even of it's for the occasional seller.

I do think it's unreasonable for a buyer to use a marketplace seller as a lending library for more expensive workouts. If I wanted to lend DVDs I'd list them here.

Whatever the case, amazon finally rectified it's error after three weeks, numerous emails and telephone calls. If amazon hadn't closed the claim and then reopened it chances are I would have capitulated once I got the DVDs back. But amazon didn't give me a choice, refunding the original claim before my three business days were up and removing any I have decided to leave this toxic group of morons to themselves I had to get my stuff back. And I've always been willing to take back a damaged item which wasn't the problem in this case.

back.

My solution to avoid any future issues included the purchase of a smartphone so I can always check my email.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, amazon marketplace, amazon.com, amazon.com marketplace, buyer beware, seller beware, selling, selling dvds