Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-20, 08:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 59 minute walk and 60 kettlebell swings after dinner. Today is a foggy drizzly day so far so not sure if I'll be able to walk or not, we'll see how it goes. I will do some kind of dvd workout if no walking.

TERRI, yes I'm sure you're right about the water but this will just make it worse I think. Nice job with the treadmill and weights. Easing back slowly is always a good idea. Hope the back is better today.

NORA, wow, sounds like a great day all around! Weather, workouts and "cocktail party." Good for you.

My friend keeps bugging me about sitting outside and having some wine together but to be honest, I'm a little resentful.
I know I've mentioned her before but it really bugs me. She's going about her business visiting people, going to stores, dr.'s appointments, really not respecting the lockdown at all while I haven't gone anywhere. So I'll be damned if you're going to come here now and spread your germs to me because you're bored or whatever. It's kind of petty but that's how I feel. LOL.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well everyone!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 08:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a washout, it rained pretty much all day so no walk. I did several segments from Andrea Speir's Perfect Pilates Body. That's all I could motivate myself to do. The gray rainy weather really saps my energy.
Today is still cool but at least it's dry so I'm planning a walk and possibly more.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well!
Old 05-24-20, 03:17 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB- for once, our weather is a lot better than yours! Another great day today and yesterday. No, I don't think you're being petty at all. It's frustrating.

Yesterday: one hour walk
Today: A highly modified STS Plyo legs, and a one hour walk

I'm finding social distancing to be going pretty well up at my cottage. I can go for a walk, get together/distancing with friends who are on the same page as me and life seems relatively normal. We stay out of each other's homes and all that. Our little general store is uncrowded and they allow only 2 people in at a time. So far, so good.
Old 05-24-20, 09:03 PM  
patchworkpenguin

We finally had to get a new computer. Its a different operating system so leaning it and getting everything the way I want it has been a pain.{font and accessibility wise} Since we didn't need anything but internet access we didn't need a fancy one. So that was good but it doesn't have a lot of options. Hubby figures out a way to change the contrast which makes things easier to see but is pretty weird.

I did some yardwork today but that's been about it for workouts. Our mask drive ended today so I've spent the past few days trying to get as many made as I could. I finally ran out of elastic.

SB, one of the hosts of one of the podcasts I listen too had decided to go gray. Her co-host is suggesting that she post weekly pictures in the FB group to show her progress. I don't think that's going to happen. A lot of the parks around here opened for hikers but didn't open the bathrooms either. Not much help there! I keep getting calls about making Dr appointments. Um, that's okay, I can put my mammogram off a few more months, thank you. And I think its totally responsible to protect yourself.

Terri, good job on the weights. I'm still trying to work my way up to 45min workouts. Anything longer just seems, … longer.

Nora, thanks for the C/F translation. 80 is a nice temp, anything higher is just hot but then I'm a bit of a hot house flower.

Stay well!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 08:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did the Fast Track premix from KCM's Body Shop (love this one!), a 61 minute walk in the afternoon and a short burst after dinner. This morning's a little crappy but it is supposed to clear up so I'm planning a walk today and hopefully more.

NORA, great walks and workout. I'm so glad everything is going so well for you at the cottage! Sounds like a much-needed change after the long lockdown.
I can't believe your weather! I think maybe we hit 80 degrees once so far in May. They keep saying we'll hit the 80s by the end of the week so we'll see .

PENGUIN, yardwork is a workout in my book. Congrats on the new computer!
I think you said it's a desktop, right? Which one did you get? I am hoping one day to go back to a desktop, I just like the bigger screen option. It's funny I was toying with the idea of going gray for awhile but I'm still not completely sold so this is a nice trial run.

Waves to all. Enjoy the rest of the Memorial Day holiday!
Old 05-25-20, 05:41 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hello ladies.

Can you believe we are heading into a heat wave here in the Great White North? Works for me! Yup, the next three days are hot hot hot. On the downside, we have had horrible problems in Quebec with the old people residences during covid, accounting for most of the deaths, so this is not great news for that situation. As my DH said...not a great time to be an senior citizen.

It's called ROOT RESCUE you guys! No, I have no intention to go grey. I ordered enough to keep me going for a good long while!

PP- I hope it goes well with your new computer. I'm sure it will once your learning curve is done! I agree with SB that yardwork is def a great workout.

SB - KCM always annoyed me in the past, but the last few times I tried her, I find myself enjoying her a bit more. I think I'm warming up to her workouts a bit.

Today: 50 minute walk
Old 05-26-20, 08:35 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 35 minute callanetics tv workout with Adelaide, a burst and a 57 minute afternoon walk. I did one final callanetics workout before the subscription was done. I am planning a walk today and probably some weight work hopefully.

NORA, I can't believe you're having a heat wave! We're still struggling with cooler cloudy weather here. It did clear up nicely yesterday and it's supposed to clear up again later today but overall it's just not nice for this time of year. We're having horrible problems with the nursing homes here too. I think they account for half the covid deaths in the state or something similar to that. Just terrible. I know all about the root rescue but since I was thinking of going gray anyway I thought this would be a good time to experiment. I'll probably dye it at some point but I'm seeing how it goes for now. lol

Waves to all. Stay safe and well everyone!!
Old 05-26-20, 03:30 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I stopped coloring my hair several years ago, because I was getting too much gray, and the root grow out drove me nuts! My natural color is very dark brown, so the white really stood out. My mother passed away a couple of years ago, at 90, and had NO gray hair. Her natural blonde just got darker.

I wish 80 was warm for here, but it's feeling cool when it's only 80!
We had a stormy Sunday night - Monday morning, and a huge branch broke off one of the trees in my front yard. It fell across the sidewalk, and I couldn't budge it; called the guys that cut the grass and they came and cut it up and moved it. A couple of neighbors came by, and pointed out a bush they thought I should have trimmed... so, I did.

This morning I've done 72 minutes on the treadmill, and cut some bushes in the backyard, tied up tomato plants, weeded, and then sat in the shade to enjoy the breeze and birds and lizards. I do love this time of year!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 10:07 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, the one we bought is just a tower, its a HP Slimline for $370 at Office Depot. I can tell you it has windows 10 and a bunch of storage. Here ends my knowlage. Hubby got it up and running and I'm slowly figuring it out. A online friend with similar vision issues as me, sent me a message about where/how the 'accessibility' features are.

Nora, thanks for the root tip. My mom started to go grey in her 20's so I expected the same but so far so brown. I've had two friends pass away in the past few months, but they aren't releasing cause of death in either case so I'm not sure if it covid or not. Both were in compromised health. I guess I might find out eventually. Not even a funeral. One I hadn't seen in a few years and the other was from my parents church, who I was just getting to know. Our weather is hot, humid and scattered showers. We have to plan our outings carefully.

Terri, sounds like you got a lot of work done.

Yesterday, after cleaning house we went out to my parents. then again today after getting my chores {laundry and making 3 bean salad, I couldn't find any wax beans so I subbed cannellini and that was good!} we went back out to my parents. Hubby and Dad are still working on stuff. Dad cut down a tree and we are taking the firewood off his hands. Little too hot for a fire for my taste but Hubby has made progress on the camper and its just a matter of
time now. I hope.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 11:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did the dumbbell only premix from KCM's Build & Burn Trim & Tone Intervals and a 58 minute afternoon walk. It actually got pretty warm yesterday after the crappy morning. I had a bout of vertigo during the night last night . I turned over in bed and all of a sudden the room started spinning and I felt like I was falling out of bed! I never had that before.
It happened several more times during the night. I did a little research and I'm thinking it may be because of inner ear fluid, I've been really stuffed up all spring due to allergies. I'm not one to self-diagnose but I also don't run to the doctor for every little thing. If it doesn't go away in a few days, I'll definitely call the doctor though. So far since I've been up it's been ok but I am a little queasy so I'll see how it goes. DH said he'll walk with me today just in case I get off balance again.

TERRI, great job with the treadmill walks and yard work. You definitely deserved that nice respite in the shade. So far the gray isn't looking too terrible but I'm also not really going anywhere so it's not bothering me.

PENGUIN, best of luck with the new computer! Thanks for the deets, my computer knowledge is also limited. So sorry about the passing of your friends.
Such a difficult time especially not knowing all the details and not being able to mourn publicly. Ohhh exciting about the camper progress.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well everyone!