Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-20-20, 08:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did SS Keep It Up and then a 53 minute afternoon walk. I am planning a walk today and hopefully more, maybe some pilates.

PENGUIN, sounds like another fun workout for you. You're having mostly good luck with your youtube choices. That was nice that you were able to spend some quality time with your mother the other day. I'm surprised the mask drive is almost over. I guess it makes sense if they're not requiring the use of masks anymore though. Even though we are slowly re-opening here, masks are still very much required. We've been on a nice streak of dry weather here, even though it's cooler and windier than normal. It's better than rain though.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 02:51 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hello ladies.

It's funny SB - I thought about doing an SS lower body today, but then remembered how grueling that can be. Good for you! Plus a walk. You did well.

Today I did KCM 30 min. LB. I liked it because it used no weights for a change. I also went for a 50 minute walk.
Yesterday: nothing. I drove home from the cottage. I haven't really moved up yet SB. I'll go back and forth for a few more weeks probably.
Before that: a couple of one hour walks and STS. I've fallen about a week behind on my STS.. but whatever. I'm doing what I can!

Nice workouts PP. I admire your ability to find good online stuff. It really adds to your variety.
Opening up or whatever, I would not feel comfortable going into a store without my mask. I imagine that will be the case until this whole covid nightmare is over.

I do find it interesting how our different geographical locations really differentiate how we act and feel during this pandemic. It is so verboten here to visit older parents or go to a congregational event.

I saw my son yesterday! Stopped in Montreal on my way home and dropped him off some birthday brownies. He was at work, so we didn't get to go for a walk or anything, but was nice to chat for a few minutes in person.
Old 05-20-20, 09:27 PM  
Tammie M

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is well. Here are my workouts since my last check-in.

Saturday (5/10) - Barlates Ori Active Hula Barre Fusion: Cardio Sculpt Abs + Classical Stretch Season 6: 617
Sunday (5/11) - Jillian Michaels Maximize: Back in Action + Autumn Calabrese Country Heat: Giddy Up
Monday (5/12) - Jillian Michaels Maximize: Full Frontal + Autumn Calabrese Country Heat: Country Swing
Tuesday (5/13) - Cathe Cardio Fusion - W/U, Body Max 2 Power Circuits + Barlates Pilates Mat Series: Pilates Band Mat
Wednesday (5/14) - Franny Benedetto CIA 2202 All-Out Hi/Low & Step: Hi/Low
Thursday (5/15) - Barlates Standing Barre Series: Standing Barre Glutes + Classical Stretch Season 6: 626
Friday (5/16) - Cathe To the Max - W/U, Compound Leg Work & Core with Upper Body Focus + Barlates Standing Barre Series: Standing Barre Abs
Saturday (5/17) - Barlates Standing Barre Series: Standing Barre Thighs + Classical Stretch Season 6: 603
Sunday (5/18) - Cathe To the Max - Triple Tabata Premix+ Barlates Standing Barre Series: Standing Barre Arms
Monday (5/19) - Barlates Standing Barre Series: Standing Barre Pretzel + Classical Stretch Season 6: 611
Tuesday (5/20) - JJ Gormley Yoga for Every Body - Intermediate (45+ Minutes): Hips Legs & Feet

Nora, I'm glad you were able to visit with your son. We haven't seen our son since January. He is 13 hours away but we had earlier planned a trip around Easter. Good job with your walking and dvd workouts. It looks like you are still doing an STS rotation. It's nice that you were able to take a trip to your cottage. I'm sure it was a good boost to your emotional health. I'm not a napper either, even as a child I could not nap. If I do it's because I am really, really tired. When I wake up I usually feel worse than before the nap.

SB, it's interesting that it is cooler there. It hit 93 degrees here today! Nice job maintaining your walking and dvd workouts. I wasn't sure if you liked kickboxing.

Penguin, that's very nice of you to participate in the mask drive. They will still be a necessity for awhile - especially for things like getting your haircut. DH went the first day the barber shops were opened. He had to wait over 2 hours in his car for his turn. I am going to have to find a new place and now they are just doing regulars. I can wait so that's fine with me. It sounds like you have found many fun and interesting workouts on YT. We have started online ordering for my mom who lives in independent living. She doesn't drive and she lives over 2 hours from everyone so it is her only option. Our anniversary is also in May.

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 08:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 59 minute walk, a couple of bursts and 100 kettlebell swings after dinner. I am planning a walk and maybe some weights or pilates today hopefully. I'm getting a little bored with my local walks. I miss walking in the park but I don't really feel like wearing a mask while I walk which I would have to do at the park which just recently re-opened. I may drive over to a neighboring town and walk around some neighborhoods there for variety.

NORA, good job with your walks and STS, even if you are behind schedule it's still good. Grueling is a good word for SS. I definitely have to be in a certain mood to do them. I did struggle a little with Keep It Up the other day.
Oh that's so great that you saw your DS the other day! I agree how different geographical locations are dealing with the situation in such different ways. I think people around here are starting to get a little too lax for their own good though. They're all starting to flock to the Jersey Shore and I think it's ill advised.

TAMMIE, great workouts as always! Such a great variety. I think we're finally supposed to get in the 70s and maybe even 80 by the end of next week! DH usually has the tomatoes in by now but it's still getting down to 40 some nights so he's waiting another week. I do enjoy kickboxing in small doses. I like it mixed in with weights though, I'm not a big fan of straight cardio dvds.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well everyone!
Old 05-21-20, 02:23 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

My workouts are still treadmill and gardening, plus I've had to restart crawling for my back. I was surprised the 1st morning after that my abs were sore, but I guess abs do support the back some.

It is getting hot here, so I'm working outside less than I had been, mostly in the evenings, cause I don't get up very early any more. I did mow the grass in the backyard yesterday before it got too hot, then did 45 minutes on the treadmill since I was already a sweaty mess.

They've opened almost everything here, but I'm not going out. Not many people wear masks, either, but I won't get on a tirade about that.

Tons of tourists are coming to the beaches, and I'm afraid the virus cases are going to go way up soon. They had stopped free testing in my county right about when governor Abbott forced the city to open the beaches. Quite the coincidence; they did restart free testing yesterday.

Maybe I can get myself to do a weight workout, cause reading all the posts have me inspired! If I sign off and go right to it, maybe

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 03:54 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, we are on phase 2 of reopening. Masks aren't required anymore but strongly suggested and stores can still require them. Our church is re opening for services, some restrictions apply, on the 31st.

Nora, I started my YT adventure with a huge list of people to try out and have narrowed it down to about 5. I'm still hoping that there are others out there I'd like if I could just find them!

Tammie, I had Hubby cut around my ears and cut the length off the back of my neck {Pixie cut} and I cut my own bangs so I'm good for a while, but I'm beginning to feel shaggy. My usual walk in place in only taking appointments right now but I can wait until the crisis dies down.

Sherri, I just saw that it was hailing in Lubbock TX! About golf ball sized! I wasn't much for crowds before this happened, now I'm a lot worse. If a store has too many cars I don't even want to stop anymore.

We did go out to eat at our favorite BBQ place. It was my parents idea. We met them at the restaurant at 11am and while we expected a crowd we were the only ones in the restaurant. We drove by later in the day and there were more cars. Strange.

Today I strung together some weight workouts from Up To the Beat Fitness. Summer Arms circuit. Walk for a song, weights for a song, repeat. Total Body Tone up, mostly weights very little cardio. Express UB Burn. Mix of weights and cardio. Sadly, she only did 4 exercises for all the UB work. I added a few more out of sheer boredom and wanting to be able to move my arms tomorrow.

Stay safe you guys.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 07:23 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Well, the weekend weather forecast was so great that I decided to drive back up to the lake. So glad I did. It's like a summer evening here and the next few days look great. About time! No workout, but I did pace enough to get in my 10,000 steps. Had to work at it though!

Terri, I just read the stuff below your signature. I like every thought there. I guess I never read it before...or I forgot! I hear you on the foolishness of beach congregating and not wearing masks. This is a very contagious and deadly virus. Not to be taken lightly.

SB- Great idea to go somewhere else for walk variety. The thing I don't like about SS is that there are no stretch breaks or any momentary downtime at all. I find that tough. I think it's a major flaw in those workouts, actually.

PP- That's great that you were alone for BBQ. Pick your times! It sounds like you had another great YT workout too.
Old 05-22-20, 09:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did 3 segments from 10 MS Rapid Results Pilates, arms, buns & thighs and abs. I did a 58 minute walk, 2 bursts and 60 kettlebell swings after dinner. I am planning a walk today before the rain comes in hopefully and maybe some weight work.

TERRI, nice job on the treadmill and gardening. I'm not sure I know what crawling is for your back but I'm glad it helped your abs too. I agree about opening up the beaches too soon. NJ is opening the beaches this weekend but they're not opening the restrooms. DH pointed out that people are just going to go in the water to do their business in that case . Makes no sense at all. Either open it up all the way or stay shut down for awhile longer.

PENGUIN, nice mish mosh workout. I often piece workouts together too but I do it with dvds which can get a little clunky sometimes. Works for me though.
lol. Wow your hubby never ceases to amaze me with his talents. I wouldn't let my DH near my hair! I always cut my bangs between hair appointments anyway so I've been doing it now too. My hair is on the long side so I've just been putting it up when it looks too unruly. The gray roots are another story but I'm not really going anywhere so it's all good. Glad you were able to enjoy the BBQ with your parents.

NORA, enjoy your weekend at the lake! We're having rain later and tomorrow and then the 60s the rest of the weekend. Glad your forecast is better. I think SS doesn't have downtime so that the calorie burn is higher for weight loss but it is definitely tough that way.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well everyone!
Old 05-22-20, 03:01 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Hi all !!

NJ is opening the beaches this weekend but they're not opening the restrooms. DH pointed out that people are just going to go in the water to do their business in that case .

The truth is a lot of them probably do that all the time!

I did lift weights a tiny bit - biceps, triceps, delts. There was a link to free beginner kettlebell routines I saw here a little while ago, but they're 45 minutes long. That used to be my favorite length for a workout, but to get back in the habit I think I'll have to do a 10 - 15 minute one.

I've done 50 minutes on the treadmill today, split into two 25 minute walks. My back is still achy, so not doing much more than that probably.

Take care all

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 09:10 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

We actually hit 30 today, which is around 80 in your language. I'm in heaven!

I did STS and even did a step workout (Gay Gasper) on the back porch.

We had a socially distanced cocktail gathering on my SIL's dock this evening, so all is good in my world. Some people are swimming in the lake, but still too cold for me.