Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-14-20, 09:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did Joyce's Fat Burning WO Vol 2 total body. This one was longer than Vol 1 because she added exercises to each round. I did deadlifts instead of lunges and cut out the lower body floor work to save my knee a little bit.
The workout was still almost an hour. Then I did a moderate paced 42 minute walk in the afternoon, part of it with DH. I do plan another walk today and maybe some core fusion or callanetics if I'm for it.

Waves to all. Be safe and well everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 08:15 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did the good old Winsor B & T Power Sculpting with the band and a 55 minute walk in the afternoon, some of it with DH. I am planning a walk today and hopefully more. Not sure if I'm feeling Joyce but we'll see.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 05-16-20, 08:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did Sandra's 20 (ish) Minute W/O from callaneticstv and a 52 minute walk in the afternoon. We went from snow last Friday to muggy and upper 80s yesterday! Today is more seasonable and I am planning a walk today and hopefully more.

Quiet here. Hope everyone is doing ok!

Old 05-16-20, 01:23 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, used to make homemade pizza every Friday. {Pizza Friday, anyone?}. We would watch TV and celebrate the coming weekend with pizza. I got sick of making it after a while. Hubby let some guys from across the street walk though our house the other day to get to the backyard garage. I wasn't happy with him, so I can understand your feelings about your friends idea. Vol 2 sounds like a very comprehensive workout. I would have cut parts of it out too! You have been very consistent with your workouts!

Nora, I may have mentioned this lately but I was listening to a podcast about 3 friends. One called napping her Superpower. She said she wakes up refreshed and ready to go! I admit I never wake up 'bright eyed and bushy tailed' as my own friend says. I generally feel less sleepy after a nap. ??

My parents church is having several services a week to split up the congregation for social distancing. Our own church is 'working on a plan' so we decided to attend church with them this afternoon. I'm not sure how well singing with masks on will go but we can only try.

Tuesday I did Pahla Be's Cardio and Weights and then today I did Weights for Women. This was interesting in that she counted 1 rep and a pulse as one rep. We only did 8 of each exercise but then we repeated the same 6 exercises. {well, she did, I branches out on my own in round 2}.

Since stores are staring to open we ran a few errands yesterday. Its in the 80's already with humidity and the AC in the car doesn't work. Most of the stores that just opened are short on stock or had long lines to get in so our efforts weren't fruitful. Not much fun was had, and other than groceries the only thing we bought were sanding pads for an electric sander. Pfft!

Stay well!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 03:16 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hello everyone. SB- I'm glad your weather has turned better! That snow was just not right. Good walks and all the other stuff. Looks like lots of variety.

PP- Stay safe out there.

Thursday, I drove up to my cottage and cleaned. That was enough for one day.
Friday: Petra Kolber Step
Saturday: Walk - 50 minutes. I forgot my STS at home but DH is supposed to arrive here soon with it. Maybe tomorrow...
Old 05-17-20, 08:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did the short kickboxing with weights segment from KCM's Body Design and a 56 minute walk in the afternoon. I am planning another walk today and possibly more. I may mix Joyce in here and there but I don't think I can do a steady diet of her. Well I can't do a steady diet of any one instructor it seems.

PENGUIN, nice job fitting some workouts in. Repeats in workouts don't work for me either. I hope you enjoyed attending church with your parents.
I'm sure you all must have missed it. I'll echo NORA, stay safe out there.

NORA, nice workouts. I didn't realize you were at the cottage for the summer already. I hope you have a wonderful summer. I'm sure it will be different than the usual but enjoyable all the same.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well everyone!!
Old 05-17-20, 03:49 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Yesterday's weight workout left me feeling stiff and sore so today I did a string of short Up to the Beat workouts WU, Fat Burning Power Walk, HIIT Walk, another Fat Burning Walk, Copacabana walk, Fast N Fun walk, and a CD. Each was about 5m long. Since my shopping wasn't very fun or successful I decided to take advantage of the free curbside pickup option, so we are waiting on my 'your order is ready' email.

Since we went to church yesterday I keep thinking today is Monday. Last night I was harassing Hubby about Monday mornings garbage pickup. He finally reminded me that 'tomorrow is Sunday!"

SB, I agree about seeing too much of one instructor. I try to rotate my favorites so I don't get bored or sick of them. Since I'm trying to get back into weights maybe I can find some new to me to add to the mix.

Nora, good job cleaning the cottage. Its a start!

Old 05-18-20, 09:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 54 minute walk in the afternoon and 60 kettlebell swings after dinner. It's cloudy and cool today but I am planning a walk and hopefully more.

PENGUIN, nice workout. Looks fun and varied. I hope your online order works out. Yeah it doesn't take much to get me totally confused on what day it is.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well everyone!!
Old 05-19-20, 08:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 20 minute walk with DH and then later a 44 minute walk on my own. I am planning a walk today and I need to get back to some weights or pilates too.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-19-20, 05:09 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Yesterday got a little confusing, Dad had an appointment with his cardiologist but they wouldn't let Mom come along so we drove out to their house to stay with Mom while he was gone. It turned out to be a good thing because this appointment took a lot longer than he thought it would and she was getting worried. Since we were there he stopped by the grocery store also. We hadn't planned on going out there but were out and about so decided to lend our support. Mom probably would have been fine alone but we know Dad doesn't like to leave her alone anymore. And we had a nice visit while Hubby worked on the car.

Our Mask Drive ends this Sunday, as a lot of states are opening up and not requiring masks anymore. Since the church still isn't allowed to meet I'm not sure why they picked Sunday since the church won't be open for us to drop masks off.

Today after sitting at the sewing machine for most of the day trying to get as many masks finished before the deadline, I did a HIIT Lower body workout from Fitness Blender. After a WU we did HIIT cardio, then Ab and LB focused cardio then ended with w CD/ST. I frankly couldn't tell much difference in the two cardio segments but it was fun and I can feel most of my butt again now.

SB, usually I do a pretty good job of keeping track of the days, especially when Hubby is prone to ask me, but that just confused me! Good job on your walks. I need to get back out in the yard but the weather claims storms for most of next week! Yuck!

Be safe!