Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-20, 03:11 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
Hello Yogapam,

I know that everyone is not religious here but prayers keep me going and help me through the day.
The borough where I live, Birmingham in the UK, appears on the map to have the highest numbers of coronovirus in the UK. I can't understand why.
Sending you (((hugs))) and prayers.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
Old 04-12-20, 03:55 PM  
Eibhinn

Like many people, this situation has led to me reconnecting with people I haven't seen in a long time with phone and video calls, emails and texts. For many years I've unfriended/disconnected from people who are drawn to conspiracy theories and reactive and offensive political beliefs. I did worry that this situation might show me the worst side of people I know, but that hasn't happened at all. There is one woman I'm friends with on Facebook who I've considered unfriending in the past because, while I don't think she's a bad person, her political beliefs sometimes toe-the-line of prejudiced and idiotic, without ever quite getting there. I was worried Covid could push her over that line, but she's been taking it more seriously than a lot of people, despite the fact that she's been laid off from a job she loves.

So long story short - I've been really impressed by all of my friends through this, but I think that's partly the result of a long-standing policy of not suffering fools gladly.
Old 04-12-20, 04:57 PM  
Leonana

I have some friends not taking it as seriously. They believe the virus is real, however, they think the shut down is an overreaction. At the beginning of the pandemic, we almost got into an argument. However, we are at opposite ends of the political spectrum, as I am with most friends and family irl. I learned a long time ago to just not say anything. Fortunately, they watch what they say around me. We have been close friends with them for years, and I decided a long time ago that it wasn't worth ending the relationship to argue about it. Although, I do realize the pandemic is more serious. I just hope they don't get sick.
Old 04-12-20, 05:36 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Sending you (((hugs))) and prayers.

Much appreciated Pam
Old 04-12-20, 06:40 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Quote:
Hello Yogapam,

I know that everyone is not religious here but prayers keep me going and help me through the day.
The borough where I live, Birmingham in the UK, appears on the map to have the highest numbers of coronovirus in the UK. I can't understand why.
Another retired nurse chiming in to thank you for the work you and all our colleagues are doing. I'm appalled at the conditions some nurses and other HCWs are having to work under.

It doesn't help that I spent 13 years in Infection Control. Of course this whole thing freaks me out.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Old 04-12-20, 07:10 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Hello Yogapam,

Saying a prayer for you.
Old 04-12-20, 09:19 PM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Saying a prayer for you.
Sending prayers to you as well.
Old 04-12-20, 09:56 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Hi Calistro, I hope you can find a way to keep yourself healthy and manage the exhaustion. I feel for all the exhausted health workers, their eyes tell it all. What would we all do around the world if not for them and others on the front lines.

Just on the original question, all our friends and family are taking this seriously and are doing their best. I have come across a couple of people though who don’t believe this is anything worse than flu. They don’t believe.
All I see from non believers is, I do not have to do my part such as social distancing, care about others, not hoard, Quarantine to keep myself and others safe and I do not have to comply because guess what, I do not believe.
I don’t see a differing opinion because it is all out there to see for real, all I see is selfishness and the danger.
I am so grateful for all the people close to me who are doing their best.
Old 04-13-20, 01:49 PM  
Exercise Diva

Thankfully most of my friends seem to be on the same page, and if anything we are reconnecting more often. For example, the other day for a friend's birthday, we all put together individual videos and sent them to her. She loved it. It's interesting though - I just had a Zoom meeting with my boss, and he definitely leans towards conspiracy theories, and he started to go down that road as far as this virus is concerned but pulled back before fully going there, thankfully. What I really don't get are the people who are minimizing the seriousness of this. We have a friend whose mother is dying from it as we speak, and 24 hours ago, she was on the mend and improving, and within a matter of hours she was placed on a ventilator, and the family is being told to prepare for the worst. It's frightening how quickly a person's condition can change.
Old 04-13-20, 04:32 PM  
suzannaerin

Diva, you are right, it’s the fact that this virus is new and unpredictable that is terrifying and is alone justification for being extremely cautious. A healthy person can die from it and people go downhill very quickly
My boss today said there was no covid in our building and I had to reply that’s probably because people are asymptomatic but spreading it. No one wears masks and people are not good at social distancing. I have my own office sand I made it clear that I wanted folks to respect my desire to follow the guidelines about safe behavior. Most folks don’t have to come in but there are essential folks who do. They aren’t cleaning our offices every day and get this, they actually put a plastic bag over one of the toilets in the ladies, forcing all who are forced to be there to share the other two pots.
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, social media