Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-17-19, 06:16 AM  
Rhonda

Alomoves subscription

I am wondering if anyone subscribes to alomoves https://www.alomoves.com/

It looks like there is a lot of content. some practices look really nice others are way over my head.

What are your thoughts? Subscription seems a bit pricey but I am holding off on getting any subscriptions at the moment hoping some go on sale during black friday.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-19, 06:43 AM  
Hedgehog

I'm interested as well. I see the ads a lot and I'm really tempted to try it....
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-19, 08:40 AM  
laurajhawk

I don't subscribe, but own some of their programs from back when they were CodyApp with a different business model. I can say that the production quality of those programs is good, and I've never had technical troubles with the streaming and downloads.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-19, 05:55 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I am wondering if anyone subscribes to alomoves https://www.alomoves.com/

It looks like there is a lot of content. some practices look really nice others are way over my head.

What are your thoughts? Subscription seems a bit pricey but I am holding off on getting any subscriptions at the moment hoping some go on sale during black friday.
I consider myself an intermediate exerciser, and almost everything I tried from AloMoves was quite challenging. Even workouts labelled beginner were too hard for me more often than not.

For instance, I tried Beginner Strength and True Strength Fundamentals by Dylan Werner and they didn't feel beginner. That man is a human pretzel. Modifications weren't offered. In one of the workouts he expected you to get into headstand. I also tried Complete Body by Ashley Galvin, which was marked as moderate/beginner. There were many things that were too difficult. I have been able to complete all the workouts in Ultimate Yogi, so it's not like I'm a yogi beginner.

I did complete Pilates Slimdown 1 & 2 but it wasn't particularly enjoyable. I was also interested in Barre Tone but couldn't click with the instructor.

IMO it's a great deal at $20/mo for all the content you get, including the structured programs. That's about average for most streaming subscriptions these days.

I just prefer to do workouts that I feel are tough but do-able, and I didn't feel that for the series I was interested in. I really wanted to do Complete Body I and II and then follow up with BodyStrong, but that was just not happening.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-19, 03:17 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I really enjoy alo moves. I get the yearly subscription because I use it quite a lot. Dylan and Ashley can be more flexible but there is so..... much to choose from. I am an intermediate but not really high. On this site I usually do beginner, moderate, or int.
Alo Moves has a lot of content and add new courses frequently. Now they have added courses for teachers.
Some of the courses that I like:

Caley Alyssa: (She is also on Udaya)
360 Sculpt (A lot of balance but nice instruction)
Pure Energy
Yoga Plyo Boost
Fusion 20

Briohny Smyth: Any Beginner, Moderate, Int
Beginner Power Vinyasa
Fluid Flexibility
Power Vinyasa
Yoga Break
Aligned Asana: For teachers to learn how to instruct but really informative

Dylan Werner:
Beginner Flexibility
Art of Assists : For teachers but informative
Some of the drills in FlyStrong and Quest For the Press
I pick and choose from his classes as he has really good drills and fascial movement

Patrick Beach:
Float Lab: I just do the drills without going into inversions
Healthy Hips and Hamstrings: Love Patrick and Carling
Lots of people liked Patrick and Carling in Journey to Handstand

Daniel Scott: (Also on Udaya)
Has some really nice beginner/moderate classes

Kayla Nielsen is a bit harder but the moves really flow well.

Talia Sutra: Great instruction but I just do her warmups and a few classes
Hiro Landazuri, Elvis Garcia, Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa (Kundalini)

See.... I told you I use the site a lot
Old 10-21-19, 06:56 AM  
Rhonda

Thanks, this helps. Hope others chime in if anyone else uses it or has used this site.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alo moves