Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-09-19, 03:22 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Question Making a video

Do you think that they film an exercise dvd in one session or same day?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 01:07 PM  
Mickey12

I've wondered about this too. I've heard some instructors comment during a workout something like "this is real sweat, no fake being sprayed with water to make it look hard, etc". So, that makes me think that maybe some workouts are filmed in small sections and then put together.

I recall Christie Taylor's DVDs would show bloopers at the end when they would cut and start filming again, so I guess they would have to start and stop at least sometimes?

Maybe with shorter workouts without a lot of choreography, they film straight through with no cuts?

So basically I have a lot of questions and not any answers on how it's actually done.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 01:13 PM  
Gams

I’ve wondered about this, too, especially when there are things in the workout that I think should have been fixed.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 02:43 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I also wonder when do they all practice to get the choreography together.

~~~Cheryl

Old 09-10-19, 04:22 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I’ve been to the filming of four Christi Taylor videos - two were shot during each filming. They just start and then stop every time someone messes up. It’s all put together in the editing. I remember one time a squirrel ran across the set. It was hilarious. It was great that she included all of us waving, as well as some bloopers, in the Just for Fun and Heavenly workouts.

There was a lot of starting and stopping - and a lot of giggling. For example, she’d try out a phrase like “So glad you came back” for Stage 2, not like it, and start over with another phrase. She’d get off beat or miss a move or something, and they’d start from that point and edit the two good sections together.

I don’t remember if she said they rehearsed or not.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 04:27 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

That must have been hilarious. Glad she left that in. Sometimes you just gotta laugh.

Thanks for letting me know I’m not a failure when I need a breather. I always felt I was not strong enough for what ever it was that couldn’t complete. I just want to know if I’m many any headway gains. They make it seem so easy and it creates self doubt in myself. It doesn’t motivate me in the least.

I have more love for the singletons then 5 in sync woman

~~~Cheryl

Old 09-10-19, 04:47 PM  
Lannette

I was part of the cast for three T-Tapp videos. We shot straight through for the most part and did more than one video each day. There were multiple cameras so mistakes could be edited if need be. It was a lot of work but so much fun!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss

Last edited by Lannette; 09-10-19 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Clarify
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 06:37 PM  
Hedgehog

I wasn't paying SUPER close attention since I need the focus not to die (!!!!) but, Sylwia made a comment in BTM that she does it straight through or mostly straight through or something during 1.1. She offers it as encouragement to let you know she is working hard too.
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 07:17 PM  
hotncmom

I know a couple of instructors and they definitely film as much in one day as they can. Usually they are renting studio time by the half day or day, so they try to keep costs down.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 08:17 PM  
jusca

It depends. You can shoot in one day or over several days (or however long you need). It can be one continuous take but most quality videos have significant editing to create a more polished video.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
filming a workout, workout production