Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-03-18, 07:09 PM  
CarlaVeg

LF for 30 min weight workouts

Hi ladies,

I want to do 2 separate sessions a week of a quick and effective upper body workout and a lower body workout with weights (medium to heavy weights). Easy straight to the point. What videos do you recommend? So you know, I don't click with Kelly C. Thanks!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 07:18 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

The Butt Bible! There are 3 phases, each phase contains one upper and one lower body workout.
Phase 1 the workouts are 20 minutes, Phase 2 are 30 minutes, and Phase 3 are 40 minutes.

They are all available on YouTube (just search The Butt Bible and they are the first 6 that show up) or you can get the 3 disc set on Amazon.

ETA: Just re-reading your post, and I really do think these will fit the bill. They are very straightforward, effective workouts. Watch the YouTube videos though to see if you can tolerate Pauline...some people can't, although I really like her.
Old 02-03-18, 08:21 PM  
Tugger31

I would recommend Cathe's Pyramid dvd. There are premixes for both upper and lower that are either "up" or "down" the pyramid only that all meet your time constraints. I do the premixes more than the regular workout b/c I can go heavy. I sometimes keep the weight the same and just change the reps.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 08:38 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Xtrainfit Toning has three half-hour workouts: upper, lower and core. They're slow enough so you can heavy up. (very rarely found in weight workouts)

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 09:53 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I would recommend Cathe's Pyramid dvd. There are premixes for both upper and lower that are either "up" or "down" the pyramid only that all meet your time constraints. I do the premixes more than the regular workout b/c I can go heavy. I sometimes keep the weight the same and just change the reps.
I do the SAME exact thing!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-18, 12:16 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Jari Love Get Ripped 1000 #3 weights premix
Jari Love Get Extremely Ripped 1000 - menu allows you to choose from 2, 30 min workouts
Jari Love weights & abs premix from Lean Machine (also available from her Body Rock dvd)
The Firm BSS3 express total body shaping Pam Cauthen Meriwether
The Firm BSS3 hips, thighs & abs Pam Cauthen Meriwether
The Firm Supercharged Sculpting Pam Cauthen Meriwether
Body Bar Total Body Express (has 5, 30.min workouts- a bargain!)
Gilad Quick Fit system toning DVD - string together a few of the chapters
Autumn Calabrese Dirty 30
Autumn Calabrese Extreme Dirty 30
Cindy Whitmarsh Results 10 Days to a Better Body
Chris Freytag 2 Week Turnaround Strength
Chris Freytag 10# slimdown (20 minute each, TB, LB, UB segments)
Chris Freytag 10# slimdown Extreme (20 minute each, TB, LB, UB segments)

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-18, 02:06 PM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

No suggestions but happy you asked the question. I was thinking of asking the same thing so I am excitedly reading the responses. My other criteria is just dumbbells and more standing moves. Cathe makes me crazy lately with all her equipment.
2009 - 312/300

"Those who remove mountains begin by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese Proverb

"Getting up in the morning is a case of mind over mattress." Ziggy
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-18, 05:46 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

KCM's Split Sessions fits the bill, as would some of her newer titles with premixes (Body Shop, Build & Burn). She also has options on her Coffeyfit RAW channel on YouTube that suit your needs.
Cindy Whitmarsh's 10 Days to a Better Body is very good (already suggested), and I also like FIRM Classics Upper Body Parts, FIRM BSS2 Upper Body Sculpt, FIRM BSS1 add-on Lower Body Sculpt I (standing) and II (floorwork - kinda easy compared to their other floorwork DVDs so I traded away), Cathe's Maximum Intensity Strength (oldie but classic!) and Muscle Max (great premixes to split things). I think some of Cathe's other DVDs can be split easily too by selecting chapters or premixes. I prefer Cathe's older titles because the equipment needs are lower. The most I will drag out is a step and a tall box for the FIRM or Cathe workouts... and with KCM, I just use dumbbells and a yoga mat most of the time. Gilad's Quick Fit series is solid -- faster reps so lighter weights -- as is his Express workouts (available on YouTube under the Discovery Life channel). Another option is Kathy Smith -- Secrets of a Great Upper/Lower Body, Lift Weights to Lose Weight, Project You (she does splits and a total body one for strength training). And going old school again, there's Karen Voight's Firm Arms & Abs and Lean Legs & Buns. Phew!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-18, 07:10 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Jessica Smith has a lot of 30 minute strength workouts. You can always use heavy weights to up the intensity. She has balance work in every workout, which I

Leslie

Tags
30 minute circuits, 30 minute splits, 30 minute strength, 30 minute total body, short workouts