Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-17, 12:18 PM  
Scorpio6

Body Groove & Misty Tripoli -- Updates?

Hello All.
Yesterday on FB an ad came thru on my home page for Body Groove with Misty Tripoli, a 3 dvd set w/ 2 free bonus dvds for $39. I looked briefly at the video clips and it sure looked like the set I bought several years ago which I cannot locate at the present time. Does anyone know if these are the same ones or is it new content?

I also recall that Misty's assistant stole the company out from under her as well as the right for her to use her own name, and she had to get a lawyer to try to straighten out the mess. I never did know how that turned out. Does anyone know how Misty is doing these days and was she successful in getting her company back? I also wondered if that backstabbing assistant might have some of her old dvds and be attempting to sell them on her own.

Thanks in advance to any update info you may have.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 12:43 PM  
sherry7899

She filmed a new set last month which is being released in December. I had asked about a release date and price but she said she did not know yet.

Her Facebook page is named Body Groove so I hope that means everything was resolved.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 12:55 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks Sherry!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 01:54 PM  
Eibhinn

I have no inside information on Body Groove but it was my understanding that the legal situation was a business partner, not an assistant, and had something to do with the rights to the name Body Groove being sold. I read posts from both ends of the situation and it looks like it was dramatic and upsetting for both of them, but also that Misty Tripoli was not necessarily the blameless victim of a predatory upstart. It looked to me like she didn't fully understand the implications of a business deal, didn't like how it turned out, and backtracked on it. But she managed to do so successfully, so I think she definitely had some grounds that boundaries had been overstepped. I actually felt worse for the other party in the deal, because it looked like she put a lot of energy into Body Groove (choreography, promotion etc), and in the end was left with nothing.

Getting to the more important issue of videos, I did see something about the new workouts. Based on the little clip I saw, they look like they'll be incredibly similar to the first Delicious Dance DVD. Same set, some of the same dancers, and at least one VFer thought the new one had the same music as well. I can appreciate a similar release when I liked the first one (which I did), but if they actually do have the same songs I'm not sure what the point is.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 01:56 PM  
sherry7899

Yes, the song "Love Set Me Free" was in the first set. I am glad she is one of the few instructors still making dvds, but I am going to wait for clips and price information before deciding whether to order or not.

Eibhinn-thanks for the background information. I wasn't aware of a lot of it.

Sherry

Old 12-15-17, 05:47 PM  
sherry7899

Has anyone seen any updates? The new set was supposed to be released this month. Thanks!

Old 12-15-17, 06:13 PM  
Calistro

Anxiously waiting on this myself. I am into all things dance right now
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-17, 06:14 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
Anxiously waiting on this myself. I am into all things dance right now
I messaged Misty through Facebook to ask. If I get a reply, I will let you know

Old 12-15-17, 07:11 PM  
sherry7899

They wrote back and said they hope to have them out by the end of the year. The price is not set yet.

Old 12-16-17, 04:39 AM  
Calistro

Great!

Thanks.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body groove, misty tripoli