Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-09-20, 11:17 PM  
Vantreesta

Lost thread subscriptions

Did anyone else lose thread subscriptions today? I had 280+ and now I have 66. I like having them so I can easily look back at my check ins, especially with the search function not working.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 07:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I have no idea if this has anything to do with it but the site was down for several hours yesterday. Wendy was doing site maintenance.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 07:39 AM  
SandyO

I just checked mine, and it seems like only the last year's remain? Maybe they don't get used and are taking up too much space, so she cleaned house?
Old 08-10-20, 08:33 AM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Did anyone else lose thread subscriptions today? I had 280+ and now I have 66. I like having them so I can easily look back at my check ins, especially with the search function not working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I have no idea if this has anything to do with it but the site was down for several hours yesterday. Wendy was doing site maintenance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I just checked mine, and it seems like only the last year's remain? Maybe they don't get used and are taking up too much space, so she cleaned house?
Were a lot of these check-in threads older than July 2019?

After reading these two replies (I didn't know about the maintanence yesterday until I read this thread), I checked. I can't find any check-in threads with a "last post time" older than July 13, 2019; I can't find any ordinary Bargain Watch threads older than May 19, 2020. The older threads in these two forums are purged occasionally (the last purge of check-ins was several years ago and removed threads older than sometime in 2012), and it's likely that when threads disappear, subscriptions disappear with them.

(I don't know about older subscriptions to threads that are still available.)
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 09:44 AM  
Izzy

I am not a techy expert, but I understand boards like this need to be cleaned up and old stuff removed to free up new space. This is one of the reasons at my work when we do our records retention our Tech guys tell us to make sure we remove the old files on our computers as well. They are reminding us all the time that we need to delete the old stuff.
Old 08-10-20, 10:44 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I wondered this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I just checked and the oldest one I have now is Nov 2013. But the oldest check in subscription showing, you're right, is August 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I am not a techy expert, but I understand boards like this need to be cleaned up and old stuff removed to free up new space. This is one of the reasons at my work when we do our records retention our Tech guys tell us to make sure we remove the old files on our computers as well. They are reminding us all the time that we need to delete the old stuff.
I just really wish I would have known if things were being deleted bc I would have done some copying to Word to save like I did when the old Collage forum shut down. A warning would have been very much appreciated. I'm really bummed out about this bc there are things I posted that I thought I could refer back to.

Plus that means my mom's old posts are gone and that makes me very sad.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-10-20, 11:08 AM  
Sissy B

Quote:
I just really wish I would have known if things were being deleted bc I would have done some copying to Word to save like I did when the old Collage forum shut down. A warning would have been very much appreciated. I'm really bummed out about this bc there are things I posted that I thought I could refer back to.

I feel the same way, a warning would have been nice. I would have copied numerous posts from my check-in onto a Word document if I had known ahead of time this was going to happen.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 11:36 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
I feel the same way, a warning would have been nice. I would have copied numerous posts from my check-in onto a Word document if I had known ahead of time this was going to happen.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's unhappy about it.

I guess I better start copying everything I want to keep.

Old 08-10-20, 11:50 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:

That makes me sad for you too

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 11:50 AM  
sherry7899

How far back do posts go? I do not have many thread subscriptions but I do frequently read old threads. Is the advanced search function working again? I need to test that for myself.

Vantreesa, I did not know your mom was a member here. I am so sorry you cannot access her posts. <3

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deleted threads, vf site issues