Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-11, 12:56 PM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
There ya go.

I have no idea what any of that means, but there it is.
Whatever it means, it sounds hard.
Old 05-02-11, 01:10 PM  
enduranceron

From Steve Edwards:
http://steve-edwards.blogspot.com/20...entiation.html

In laymen terms, this means that doing heavy lifting prior to explosive activity can actually help you fire higher threshold muscle cell motor units which, even even simpler terms, means that you will jump higher, run faster, or life more weight. (per the link above)

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." - Thomas Carlyle

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Ghandi
enduranceron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 01:13 PM  
Blackadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dironstarr View Post
From Steve Edwards:

In laymen terms, this means that doing heavy lifting prior to explosive activity can actually help you fire higher threshold muscle cell motor units which, even even simpler terms, means that you will jump higher, run faster, or life more weight. (per the link above)

So bearcat was right..."Whatever it means, it sounds hard."

Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 01:23 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
From Steve Edwards:

Ah. So I got it backwards.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 01:37 PM  
F1mom

The other big announcement with BB this year is rolling out Team BB en Espanol and offering most of their programs in Spanish.

I know BBL2 is coming soon along with P90X:MC2 this year. I've also heard a rumor of another Debbie Siebers offering but nothing specific.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 03:41 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
I've also heard a rumor of another Debbie Siebers offering but nothing specific.
That is about the only Beachbody product I'd be really excited about~I love Slim Series.
Old 05-03-11, 03:46 PM  
dela

Quote:
From Steve Edwards:

This sounds like the format in the Plyo leg workouts in Cathe's STS Meso 3. 1 weighted exercise followed by 1 plyo move.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 03:51 PM  
dela

I would be interested to see what Chalene comes out with next, I would want more cardio, I did not click with CLX. I love Turbo Fire.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 01:10 PM  
jhsimpson

2012 Beachbody 'LoveFest' in Vegas

Tis that time of the year when the Beachbody Summit to occur. New venue of Sin City and from all I hear the only new item DVD wise in the works is their "Beast" workout from the Dallas-based trainer (Everything in TX is bigger!)

So resurrecting this thread for any tidbits of future BB workouts!
jhsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 02:34 PM  
mamaste

I think their big "thing" this year is P90x certification courses and ultimate reset. I'm sure they'll announce something, but they seem less interested in workout this year. I think this might just be an off year for workouts and expect to see more releases next year.

Tags
beachbody, body beast, brazil butt lift 2, debbie siebers, p90x2, p90x:mc2, tai cheng, tony horton