Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-11, 09:22 PM  
jhsimpson

So what is next in the Beachbody Pipeline?

Now that Asylum is out of the gate and from what I read the existing brands are being dubbed for Espaņol. What is the next NEW DVD release from the folks at Beachbody?

I heard that Tony is putting together a 'best of' series being called Muscle Confused Squared.

Chalene's knees are probably still on FIRE so I don't think anything is slated this year.

Not a mention about Leandro, Donna, Debbie, Gillian & Teigh?

Brett is probably moving on to the Biggest Loser franchise

Kathy is independent of Beachbody so unless it is a mutually beneficial collaboration.

No new trainers on the horizon but I guess their big 'love-fest' is later in May where they all talk about their 'jewelry' and what is slated for the rest of the year.

Looks like from a workout perspective there may be just one more major release for 2011 (MC2)?

Now I know that on the 'consumable' side they are pumping out all sorts of products. I'm hoping they haven't 'jumped the shark' and turn into another supplement pushing M.L.M. organization.
jhsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 11:46 PM  
Eibhinn

Apparently Brazil Butt Lift 2 has been filmed and will be released sometime this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsimpson View Post
Now I know that on the 'consumable' side they are pumping out all sorts of products. I'm hoping they haven't 'jumped the shark' and turn into another supplement pushing M.L.M. organization.
As far as I can tell they've been a supplement-pushing MLM organization for years now --- just one which also happens to produce DVDs. And it's hard to pinpoint a particular shark-jumping moment for them, but Tony filming a Christmas-themed workout using little people as elves has gotta come close, no?
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 11:30 AM  
laurajhawk

In re: both jumping the shark and being *just* a supplement-pushing MLM, I think not. Because they're still making excellent workouts - Asylum is getting great reviews, for example, Turbo Fire wasn't that long ago and was a hit, and Donna's Christian one (forgot the name) seems to be well-received in its market, at least based on the VF threads about it. Obviously they have always been a supplement-pushing MLM, but one that makes great workouts.

I didn't know about the big confab in May and will be interested to hear reports. One thing I notice is that, like Hollywood, they seem to be specializing in "sequels" these days -- Asylum (from Insanity), P90X: MC2, and BBL2 -- even Turbo Fire is a sequel to Turbo Jam. I wonder if that's a bad sign (no new trainers, no new ideas), or just an indication that they have nailed a successful formula?

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 11:45 AM  
rhbrand

I really wish Beachbody would put out kettlebell stuff. Can you imagine??
Old 04-30-11, 11:50 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
ITA!!!

I would be ALL into that!
Old 04-30-11, 01:36 PM  
daisyduke

I love Beachbody! I can't wait for the new P90X!!
I wish Debbie Siebers would do a Slim Series Part 2
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 01:53 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Yeah, I can! I would think they'd do a good job with that. (But ... can you imagine the shipping charge for the deluxe set? )

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 01:57 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Yeah, I can! I would think they'd do a good job with that. (But ... can you imagine the shipping charge for the deluxe set? )
ouch!
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 04:03 PM  
horsemom2

Not distributed by Beachbody but Anna-rita from the TurboJams has started a new workout style called Hot Hula. Today is the last day of the pre-order for $10 less.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=164759
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 05:19 PM  
Alan

Quote:

I remember back when the kettlebell craze began Tony was saying that kettlebells were dangerous and that everyone he knew who used them got injured from them. Of course, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that Beachbody didn't have any kettlebell workouts and that many people were comparing the workouts favorably to P90X...
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, body beast, brazil butt lift 2, debbie siebers, p90x2, p90x:mc2, tai cheng, tony horton