Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-21, 11:24 AM  
slockhart

Forza questions

Hi all,
I was looking for core and upper body workout and thought I'd try Forza. I love kickboxing so this looked good to me. I ordered the second volume, but was wondering how it compares to the first. Do I need both 1 and 2?

Also, I don't have a sword and low ceilings, so I'm going to use a light, short barbell. Does anyone know if the sword Ilaria uses has weight to it?

TIA
Stacey
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 12:17 PM  
wlorrie

Hi Stacey,
I have both Forza workouts. I always do the second one. I just found the first one to be a little long for me. The second one seems more fun, but the last combo was a little tricky for me.
I don't recall exactly how much Illaria's bokken weighs, but I think it was around 4-5 pounds. Mine is 6 lbs, and that feels like a lot of work to me. I think a light, short barbell will work. Just make sure your grip is comfortable. I don't know how the grooves in the barbell will affect the placement of your hands.
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 01:06 PM  
slockhart

Thank you Lorrie, that is so helpful!
Old 01-25-21, 04:50 PM  
diggerholliday

I also have low ceilings. I've used the middle portion of that stick that came with the FIRM workouts of a long time ago. The stick has it so you can remove the ends. I think that makes the middle portion weigh about 4 lb. It's plenty once you get going.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 04:30 PM  
boundingaway

Hi, I saw the title Forza and thought I'd add a little info too. I LOVE this workout and do it several times a week.

So, I have the second Forza DVD and it's pretty good. It would be better if it were longer, but it's still a good workout.

What I've done since early Nov is to subscribe to Ilaria's IGtv streaming classes. These are just fantastic! Ilaria offers two 45-60 min Forza classes per week (the classes stay available for 48 hours after the initial stream so you can do them time convenient to you) along with her 8 other class offerings. The monthly cost of $139 is all inclusive. I also try to take one or two of the 3 kickboxing classes offered each week as well.

Ilaria teaches the classes alone in a corner of a room. She is exceptionally easy to follow. Music is playing.

At first I didn't have a practice sword or bokken so I tried various substitutes and ended up using my longest Fascia Blaster for class. Recently I bought one of the recommended bokkens, though, and it works so much better. My bokken (I'm less than 5' 5" so I have a shorter one) is 35.25' long and weighs 12oz.

Here are the links - first to Ilaria's classes and then to the bokken

https://www.powerstrike.com/live-classes/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-26-21, 04:58 PM  
slockhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundingaway View Post
Hi, I saw the title Forza and thought I'd add a little info too. I LOVE this workout and do it several times a week.

So, I have the second Forza DVD and it's pretty good. It would be better if it were longer, but it's still a good workout.

What I've done since early Nov is to subscribe to Ilaria's IGtv streaming classes. These are just fantastic! Ilaria offers two 45-60 min Forza classes per week (the classes stay available for 48 hours after the initial stream so you can do them time convenient to you) along with her 8 other class offerings. The monthly cost of $139 is all inclusive. I also try to take one or two of the 3 kickboxing classes offered each week as well.

Ilaria teaches the classes alone in a corner of a room. She is exceptionally easy to follow. Music is playing.

At first I didn't have a practice sword or bokken so I tried various substitutes and ended up using my longest Fascia Blaster for class. Recently I bought one of the recommended bokkens, though, and it works so much better. My bokken (I'm less than 5' 5" so I have a shorter one) is 35.25' long and weighs 12oz.

Here are the links - first to Ilaria's classes and then to the bokken

https://www.powerstrike.com/live-classes/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Wow, that seems pretty expensive for one month, but I guess if you are doing her workouts exclusively. I think I did see on her website that you could subscribe to only Forza, and also I think there were a couple of workouts to "rent" as well.

Thank you for your input. I did hear that the first Forza workout is longer. I have a feeling I'm going to love it and the results. My arms get definition easily (not the legs though). anyway, thank you!!!
Stacey
Old 02-03-21, 10:30 AM  
slockhart

So I did the complete workout 2 yesterday, and if you are looking for a new way to work your upper body, this is it! Shoulders were fried, and this morning I really feel it in the entire core. I will definitely be adding this one to the rotation, and probably buying volume 1
Stacey
Old 02-03-21, 05:09 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey boundingaway, does Ilaria give any guidance for how many times per week to do what types of her workouts on her streaming site?

Tags
forza, ilaria, ilaria montagnani