Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-16-20, 02:47 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

My yoga studio owner is working on classes via Zoom and WW will be holding meetings online too.

We can support our local small business restaurants by ordering takeout.

Our governor ordered all gyms to be closed. All the poor people who don't have videos!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 03:05 PM  
CharM

Our county to shelter in place until 4/7. I'm sure they'll do this in all states soon if they haven't already:
https://abc7news.com/health/6-bay-ar...id-19/6018723/

Quote:
Essential government services will remain open, such as transit, police, fire, and healthcare services, as well as essential stores like grocery markets, pharmacies, banks, and gas stations. Restaurants will be limited to take-out and delivery only; bars, gyms, and non-essential stores to close
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 04:14 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Like I said, I wasn't sure about the validity. Glad to hear a personal story here.
Yes but they ARE fining those who shouldn't be on the street, which makes sense.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 04:32 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I just read about a local church that had a drive-in service. Folks stayed in their cars like at a drive-in movie. Where there's a will, there's a (safer) way.
We attended church from our living room this past Sunday. A lot of churches are streaming services for the duration. I hope a lot of organizations figure out how to use technology to present options to people.

We need eggs and milk - just normal everyday use. I hope I can find some. From what I saw last week, it was canned/shelf stable products that were out of stock. I hope fresher stuff is still available here somewhere.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 04:52 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I just spoke to my SIL and she said that she saw where a store had special early shopping hours for folks aged 65 and older ONLY. That's an interesting idea. I guess they would have to card people.

I'm too young by a few months yet.
I just got an email from one of our store chains, and they're having early shopping hours between 7 and 8 a.m. Makes sense. They're reserving those early shopping hours for older adults and those with compromised immune systems (DH is almost 70, and I'm 66, so we'd qualify for the former category).

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 05:19 PM  
Leonana

They now think that weather might effect transmission, with warmer weather slowing it down.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/03...avirus-spread/
Old 03-16-20, 05:31 PM  
Gams

What I don’t understand is why so many people appear to be terrified of the virus, yet so many refuse to practice social distancing and self isolation.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 08:41 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
We attended church from our living room this past Sunday. A lot of churches are streaming services for the duration. I hope a lot of organizations figure out how to use technology to present options to people.

We need eggs and milk - just normal everyday use. I hope I can find some. From what I saw last week, it was canned/shelf stable products that were out of stock. I hope fresher stuff is still available here somewhere.

Laura, I don't know what part of Raleigh you are in, but the Food Lion on NE Maynard Rd in Cary had some various varieties of milk available this evening. That one is on my way home from work. The Lake Boone Trail one is close to where I live, but I haven't been to that one in about a week.
Old 03-16-20, 09:11 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
What I don’t understand is why so many people appear to be terrified of the virus, yet so many refuse to practice social distancing and self isolation.
Yup. Heaven forbid they are inconvenienced.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 09:19 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Another thing flying off the shelves is Ring Fit Adventure:
https://www.wired.com/story/ring-fit...irus-covid-19/
Hmm.. DD is home, having been banished from college and has a switch. Truthfully I have enough fitness things to keep me busy but she might like it. She likes video games.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing