Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-19, 06:03 PM  
mtngoat

Tracy, I'm glad that you are on the mend now. I hope that you have continued healing.

I haven't seen Fleabag but the main actress seems to be quite popular right now. My DH and I just watched Buffy for the 3rd time - an oldie but goodie!

Exercise Diva best wishes for your surgery and recovery as well.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-19, 10:59 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Tracey, glad you are doing well considering your circumstances. It's great that you can walk. Just take it easy. I had foot surgery in June and I was a very good patient (despite my impatient nature) so the recovery was pretty fast. I knew that if I pushed it I would be risking a longer recovery so I took it slow.

I know you had lots of TV suggestions but I highly recommend The Crown on Netflix. The third season just came out on Sunday.
While I was recovering I binge watched Better Call Saul even though I had seen them already. Then I took the DVD of the most recent season of BCS from the library as I had missed that one when it came out on TV. I love this show even more than Breaking Bad. Truly great.
I also watched the first season of Broadmoor.
Right now I am watching The Spy on Netflix. I like it but it's weird watching a drama with Sasha Baron Cohen!
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 11:01 AM  
TracyQ

Hi Everyone—I just wanted to pop in and say that each day I’m feeling better. I’m still walking daily and started PT this week.

My doctor has me on a very conservative PT protocol. The first day of PT the therapist measured my ROM and was impressed with my flexibility after such an extensive surgery. For months leading up to surgery I was unable to lift weights and focused on flexibility. I mainly alternated between Pilates (Bernadette Giorgi and Laura Tarbell) and Gentle Yoga (Jane Adams, UY Gentle Yoga, and Mimi Solaire mostly) with one Cathe lower body weekly.

The therapist gave me two exercises to do at home in addition to the two my surgeon had me doing daily since the day after surgery (pendulums and elbow flexion). When I went back to my second PT appointment the therapist was surprised by how much I improved in just two days. She cautioned me not to push too hard because the tendon has to heal. I am listening to everything she says and have no intention of messing this up.

So a huge shout out for gentle Yoga. Even though I always preferred power Yoga and I sometimes felt that gentle Yoga wasn’t doing much for me it was all I could do with a bum shoulder so I did it. Now I’m convinced that it kept me in condition for surgery and rehab. I’ll never under estimate the power of gentle Yoga.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 11:05 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

good report. What hospital did you go to? I live in Massachusetts also.

I love Meme. I won't ever give her up.

Do you have one of those square box type slings? where your fingers hang off?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 12:05 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
good report. What hospital did you go to? I live in Massachusetts also.

I love Meme. I won't ever give her up.

Do you have one of those square box type slings? where your fingers hang off?
Sports Medicine North in Peabody. They aren’t a hospital per se but have a huge operating room there. The nurse told me they did 55 surgeries the day I had mine.

Yes the sling is the one you described. It’s very bulky.

Mimi is the best. I love how long she holds each stretch. Not too long like some Yin feels but a lot longer than most stretch videos. It’s perfect.

Old 11-22-19, 12:13 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I used to live in Peabody when my son was a baby, id say over 30 years ago. I’ve not heard of this place. But 55 a day? What are we doing to ourselves that is causing so many to need this surgery? 👀. I prefer MIMI’s length of hold way better than Travis’. 5 minutes is too much for me.

Do you have to get some capes to go out? In the cold . It must be an adventure to put on your clothing.

What type of exercise do they give you for this? Oh.... I was just thinking, it’s not easy to type. Forget all my questions and sleep. 🙈💤💤💤💤

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-19, 10:09 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
On Amazon, I adore The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and bonus VF note - her exercise class is hilarious.
Also, if you somehow missed out on Downton Abbey like I did, give it a try. I just finished a multi-week binge of all 6 seasons - it is not overrated, it's actually fantastic.
Vidiot suggestions (if it doesn't make you too frustrated to look at workouts): Preview any virgin workouts you own. Surf VF for youtube suggestions, check them out, subscribe to any that look like they may be good when you start going back to working out. Do the same with the clips on totalfitnessdvds.com - you can make a wishlist and shop the Black Friday sale. Plan rotations. Organize your collection.
Good luck with the surgery! May your recovery be quick.
Hi Laura—thanks for the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel recommendation. I watched the first season this week and will start season 2 today. I agree her exercise class is hilarious.

Tags
rotator cuff, surgery