Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-19, 08:17 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

I had rotator cuff surgery 4 years ago. The recovery really sucks. I got hooked on Game Of Thrones, I was watching one episode/day on the stairmaster, I could actually do that. Be patient, its not easy but so worth it. I got about 90% strength back. PT is very very important, make sure you have the best. PM me if you want more personal experience.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 11:31 PM  
Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
My favorite is Longmire, but I'm an old soul. So this series may not appeal to the younger crowd, but I feel it is an under appreciated series.
My parents got me hooked on Longmire! I got to hear Robert Taylor's Australian accent on an episode of City Homicide.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 06:51 AM  
Tugger31

I didn't even realize he was Australian!! Great actor!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 09:23 AM  
TracyQ

Hi Everyone—I had my surgery a week ago. I had a lot of damage. The surgeon told my husband that on a scale from 1-10 (10 being the worst) I was a 10. I was a little surprised to hear that but it explains why I was in so much pain for so long. So I had a “massive” rotator cuff tear, bicep tendonitis, arthritis and bone spurs. They did the rotator cuff repair and a distal clavicle incision. The clavicle incision is when they remove a small portion of your collarbone. That was unexpected. I did a google search and it is usually something body builders and construction workers get. I was neither but I have been lifting heavy weights with Cathe since 1997 so that could explain it. I have my follow up on Monday and will get more information about that then.

The first few days were rough. I was sick from the pain meds but I have the pain under control now. Yesterday I was able to get outside and take a short walk with my husband and dog.

Thanks again for all your recommendations and well wishes.

Exercise Diva—Thinking of you. Please pop in and let us know how you are doing.

Macska—I am very interested to hear about your recovery. All information is greatly appreciated. I’ll send you a PM.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 09:29 AM  
laurajhawk

Thanks for checking in, Tracy; I've been thinking about you! I'm glad you were able to get out and hope your recovery goes smoothly.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 09:29 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Oh my! Wow!!!! That is big surgery. How did you put up with that pain for so long? Take it slow. Know you will heal. Rest. Are you having help

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 03:18 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I’ve tried everything to avoid it (physical therapy, cortisone) nothing helped with the pain and I got three opinions with three different surgeons (all agreed I should have surgery because it’s not going to get better without it) and now I’m scheduled to have rotator cuff surgery on Wednesday 11/6.

After surgery I will be in a sling for 6-8 weeks. No working, no working out except for PT. I am going mad just thinking about it.

I have Amazon Prime that I only use for fast deliveries so I am going to check out some of their programming. I’m not much of a TV person and the last and only show I ever binged watched was Breaking Bad which I enjoyed.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what someone like me who’s always on the go can do stuck in the house in a sling for 6-8 weeks?

Thanks.
Hi Tracy!!! I hope you are recovering well. Can you still do some lower body workouts? Or just work your "good" side? I'd go NUTS and probably would not be a very good patient.

Yoga?

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 03:51 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Girl, don’t kill her. Yoga is not gentle enough for her therapy. Yoga done right will kick arse

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 04:02 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Hi Tracy!!! I hope you are recovering well. Can you still do some lower body workouts? Or just work your "good" side? I'd go NUTS and probably would not be a very good patient.

Yoga?
Hey Kate—nice to hear from you...LOL with your suggestions...you know me well...but no I really can’t do much of anything. I start PT next week so at least there’s that.

Old 11-13-19, 04:03 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
girl, don’t kill her. Yoga is not gentle enough for her therapy. Yoga done right will kick arse
lol

Tags
rotator cuff, surgery